Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Has Anyone Else Been Stiffed By The AARP Sponsored Delta Dental Plan?

Contributor

Has Anyone Else Been Stiffed By The AARP Sponsored Delta Dental Plan?

I had Delta Dental through a corporation for years. When I switched to the AARP Delta Dental plan I didn't know that they were supposed to waive my one-year exclusionary period for crowns and they didn't waive it so I ended up paying half of the cost of the crown myself. By the time I found out what my rights were, Delta Dental said it was too late to appeal. I really can't recommend the AARP Delta Dental plan to anyone and I think AARP should drop them. Wondering if anyone else has had this kind of experience with Delta Dental. Seems to me it's a deny, deny, deny kind of approach to taking care of AARP members who trust AARP's recommendations.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Delta Dental explains waivers from previous coverage

Seems to put the responsibility on the beneficiary to read and investigate how the prior policy and the new one work together- IF they work together. 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Contributor

They also don't have any problem putting a time limit on fixing a problem that is their fault. Why AARP would support a dental plan that does that is beyond me. It's not a game. So I guess my advice would be to steer clear of Delta Dental unless you get a guarantee going in that they are going to waive the exclusion period.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP