Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Supported Healthcare Programs That Do Not Work With Each Other

AARP Supported Healthcare Programs That Do Not Work With Each Other

I have had AARP United Healthcare Medicare Advantage for many years and totally satisfied.  About three years ago my doctor of many years moved to another practice which did not accept MyUHC coverage.  I switched to another practice that did accept AARP MyUHC but I have not been completely satisfied.  I have seen numerous adds for AARP Oak Street Health so today I went to the nearest local office in hope of changing to them as my Primary Care Providers.  I was somewhat caught off guard, stunned, that they do not accept AARP MyUHC.  I couldn't understand how, why, two AARP programs would not work together.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mwheelerk 

For Oak Street Health, you have to check to see if your specific Medicare Advantage plan is accepted at Oak Street.

They accept Original Medicare and of course, MediGAP policies that are tied to the Original Medicare.  For Medicare Advantage plans, look them up by insurer - you just click on the insurer name and it will take you to the list of MA plans which Oak Street accepts in your area and state.

Oak Street Health - Medicare Insurance Plans Accepted.  

I came back to add this edited:

Medicare Advantage plans even under the same insurer are different and thus you have to know your specific type of MA plan (PPO / HMO / POS/ etc) - the STATE contract number of the policy is the easiest to reference when trying to determine if Oak Street takes the Medicare Advantage plan that you have - 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

We're sorry to hear you’re having trouble with United Healthcare, @mwheelerk. We are listening and would like the chance to help as soon as possible. Please visit https://help.aarp.org/s/article/contact-aarp to chat, text, or speak with a representative who can get you in touch with our Member Relations team. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP