CLOSE ×
Search
Social Butterfly

LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY!

eBay Gift Card

12,000 Points$5 Value

Available Now 

Enjoy a beautiful day! 

Try setup for us use as Main thread as they do with codes.... maybe it'll work either way I'm grateful for all who post info sure helps out Thanks! 

Ginger :  ) 

Silver Conversationalist

There is currently a new Members Only $5 Starbucks for 25,000 points gift card available in the catalog for June.  I was allowed to redeem even though it was the same offer as last month's offer in May for members.  It appears we are allowed to redeem for gift cards even if the point redemption and gift card denomination are the same in previous months, so this is a correction to my previous post.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Currently in the catalog, there are two  $5 Starbucks gift card for 25,000 points for Members Only.  Does that mean members will only be able to redeem for only one of these cards since they are exactly the same value for the same number of points?

Community Concierge

@JoLo49  Hi and thanks for reaching out! The Disclosure says: *You may only redeem Rewards Points for this item one time. You may make up to 3 Reward Point redemptions each month (excludes Instant Win Games, Sweepstakes and Local Deals). In some instances delivery may take longer than 24 hours."

So, you can redeem each gift card listed, 1 time. Enjoy!  Jodee R. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

One of the duplicated Members Only $5 Starbucks for 25,000 points disappeared from the catalog.  It appears we are only allowed to redeem "once" if the gift card is offered again for the same number of points in future offerings or in a different month.  AARP Consumer Care has not been able to clarify to my satisfaction, so perhaps this is a change that is new to the program.  This month there was only the one $10 gift card offered for points redemption, and the rest were $5 gift cards for an increased number of points.  The changes to the program doesn't seem to benefit the members, but instead, adding more limitations on how members are rewarded.

Contributor

Kroger Gift Card - Member Only 

16,000 points; $5 value

Contributor

Safeway Gift Card- Member Only

16,000 Points -$5 Value

Periodic Contributor

Does not work for me. I am receiving the following.

"Purchases of this item are limited to one.

Please checkout the catalog for more items."

i purchased a $5 Safeway gift card for 16,000 points on December 18 2023. Is it possible the December purchase record has carried over preventing me from redeeming this offer?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@tommankowski Yes, that's right. The terms for that item state "You may only redeem Rewards Points for this item one time." Since you've already redeemed for that same item, you are not eligible to redeem for it again. I hope this helps.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I thought it meant you could only redeem it once per offering.  Is this something new where we will not be able to redeem for another gift card even if it is offered several months later?  All the offerings say you are limited to 1 per person.  tommankowski redeemed for one 5 months ago and this offering just showed up in the last couple of days.

If it once per person forever this program is totally worthless after a short period of time.  It would mean there would pretty much be nothing to redeem for since you redeemed for one several months or even years ago.  Please clarify.  Is it once per offering or once forever.  I want to know if I am totally wasting my time. Because I have pretty much redeemed once for the gift cards you offer that I could even use.  I have redeemed for a Walmart gift card one time sometime in the past.  Was that my one and only Walmart gift card forever?  Is this something new?

Community Concierge

Hi @shamit, I can clear this up. The Safeway Gift Card for 16,000 Points is a special promotion and the limit for this specific one is 1 per person (it appears in the disclosure for the item). At this moment we don't have any Walmart gift cards available, therefore, I cannot check the terms for that one. Be sure to check the details of the gift cards before you purchase them for more information. Also, the purchase and redemption limits can be found in our article:  https://help.aarp.org/s/article/rewards-point-redemption-limits?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=13600553... - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

OK  Currently the 3 cards available for points say they are limited to 1 per person.  I checked the article in the link you provided.  It shows the following:

Point-Only items are limited to 1 item per person

• We may periodically offer identical catalog items with differing point values at different times. 
  • Sometimes, we may offer the same item again in the catalog months later. If you previously redeemed the item, you cannot redeem it again.
  • If this happens, each catalog item may be ordered only once per point value. We want to ensure everyone has an opportunity to take advantage of our Point Only items.
  • Please review all Disclosures and Rewards Terms displayed before redeeming.

That pretty much says it is a one and done.  I see no reason to continue to earn points and then only be able to use those points for Instant Wins and Sweepstakes which are nearly impossible to win.

Some rewards program! You can only get 1 gift card no matter how many years the program goes on. It says you want to make sure everyone has an opportunity to take advantage of point only opportunities.  What is says to me it once I redeem for a card I no longer have any opportunity to take advantage of the points only cards if it is from the same company and for the same amount of points.  So I have gotten a whopping $5 card and that is my big reward.  Such severe restrictions.  Like I said it is pretty much a one and done no matter how many months or even years ago you redeemed for that card.  My opportunities will be severely limited after a short period of time.  They are already limited since a lot of the cards I can't use since we don't have one of those stores in my state.  That is the case for 2 of the 3 stores currently offering points only cards.

Trusted Contributor

If this one and done thing is actually true maybe we can start sending suggestions to AARP as to stores and restaurants we use but never see gift cards offered for - so for example I see Kroger and Safeway gift cards available now, which do not operate where I live, but I never see Wegmans or Publix that do.  Or just stick to national chains.....

Social Butterfly

@shamit 

Me again

I clicked on helpers link see that's where you got info you posted boy oh boy its really mind boggling and sounds like 1 forever but that's crazy

I hope someone will help us all understand 

Thanks for posting & seeking answers 

Ginger   :  )

Conversationalist

@gm5271 

I too have been able to get a gift cards offered at different times.  Now it makes me wonder if this is something new. Very confusing.  The customer care answer just made me question if things are changing.  Maybe just another cut?  

I am a long time user too.  I remember when you could get more than 1 of the gift cards but no more than 3 a month.  I remember when I got 3 $25 Walmart cards on the same offer shortly after the switch from Rewards for Good..  Then it changed to only 1 gift card per offer.  I understood this, didn't really like it, but I understood. Hopefully it isn't changing to only 1 gift card per company forever. This I will not like.

Social Butterfly

@shamit @AARPConsumerCare & To all following this thread

Okay feel I must share I've gotta say this conversation is really crazy confusing The answers being given here continue to not really answer the questions being asked

@shamit I have no idea where you got info you posted above & I  certainly understand your upset

I don't believe info being given is correct.... just makes no sense being forever & hasn't been my experience 

I'm a person who can say I've gotten several Domino's $5 gift card for points several times for 16,000 points & other amounts of points As well as Amazon & Wal-Mart $5 & $10 (when points were more reasonable) through the years since this new rewards began 

I've always understood that you can't get more than 1 of each offer Not only 1 of each company/brand & exact points offered forever that's crazy but answers given seems to say get only 1 Card for same amt points 1 time forever? Really? Is this something new? New rules? Cause its certainly new to me

So I'm going try to reach out to Teri @AARPTeri Can you please shed some light on this topic? Consumer Care persons are very confusing while avoiding a direct answer to questions 

🙋‍♀️Other older members will you share your experience with this matter? Certainly I'm not only longtime member that's gotten more than 1 of same GiftCard(brand) with same amount of points? 🤷‍♀️

Okay I sounded off maybe we'll get some good answers soon

Enjoy your day everyone

Ginger  ;  )

Trusted Contributor

I try each offer even if I think I’ve done it, sometimes the same offer listed twice the same day or week or month.  They keep changing the rules so it is anyones guess.  The other option which might be frowned upon is getting something and working with another member.  This site does not like this process being discussed but you can likely figure out the method.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Here is a link to the discussion post from last year with this issue.

Rewards Points Only Redemption - AARP Online Community

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Your December purchase should not carry over. Last year, this was happening to some people (but not everyone). It happened to me last year, but only on certain gift cards. And gift cards that other people couldn't get worked for me. Then it seemed to stop, so maybe they fixed it. Or maybe they didn't, and it is still happening to some people. I would recommend contacting customer service. They can't get you the gift card, but maybe they can try to get the issue fixed.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

That is very possible. I received that type of message in the past. I had received a gift cert from AARP in the past of the same denomination and company and received the error message keeping me from receiving another. And it had been a while as well. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

I think this might be a "regular error" (I receive often). What that is is that it errored out then tried again and it returned the "...limited to one" (we can only score gift cards for points 3 times per month). If you check your transaction history then email (check spam/trash), perhaps you'll find that card there?

hth

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Walmart Gift Card - Member Only

28,000 Points; $5 Value

Regular Contributor

Starbucks Gift Card

25,000 Points - $5 Value

Gold Conversationalist

$5 Walmart

Members only

28,000 points

Honored Social Butterfly

Members Only

Amazon.com Gift Card  Sold Out [05192024]

28,000 Points
$5 Value

Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire and can be redeemed towards millions of items at www.amazon.com.

Limit 1 per person.

amazon-gift-card-marble-incomm.imgcache.rev.web.400.400.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

🇺🇸🦅  Memorial Day is on Monday, May 27, 2024. 🦅🇺🇸

In honor, and remembrance, of all fallen soldiers, serving their country.  🕊

Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for honoring and mourning the U.S. military personnel who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. From 1868 to 1970, it was observed on May 30. Since 1971, it is observed on the last Monday of May.

E-GREETING CARD

Memorial Day E-greeting Card: Remember and Honor
500 Points

Customize your message and send to your friends and loved ones!

https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#sort-by=default&type=filter_greetings

memorialday-honor-egreeting-card.imgcache.rev.web.400.400.png

E-GREETING CARD

Memorial Day E-greeting Card
500 Points

Customize your message and send a card to your friends and loved ones!

memorialday-egreeting-card.imgcache.rev.web.400.400.png

Honored Social Butterfly

🌟 Happy Retirement Wishes! 🌟 🤩

E-GREETING CARD

Happy Retirement E-greeting Card
500 Points

https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#sort-by=default&type=filter_greetings

happy-retirement-egreeting-card.imgcache.rev.web.400.400.png

E-GREETING CARD

Retirement E-greeting Card: Good Luck
500 Points

retirement-good-luck-egreeting-card.imgcache.rev.web.400.400.png

E-GREETING CARD

Retirement E-greeting Card
500 Points

retirement-egreeting-card.imgcache.rev.web.400.400.png

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

CVS Pharmacy® Gift Card

32,000 Points

$10 Value

Karyn
Trusted Contributor

so wonderful to have a spark of hope in this thread, Thank You !

Be interesting to see if they have enough or a fast sell out like it used to be.

CVS is very popular I believe.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Wow, I can't believe this is still available. And it's not even a members-only one, which CVS GC's have been in the past.  Wonder if they really are offering more, or if it's because of the higher points.  I wish they would have done this with the Panera GC last month, which I missed out on because it sold out fast.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP