Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Problems with AARP Medicare Advantage

Problems with AARP Medicare Advantage

Is anyone else having problems with customer service with insurance underwritten by Wellmed? I have a prescription tier 4, although I have no idea why it's categorized as such. My previous insurance with AARP Advantage covered 90 day prescriptions I changed to one underwritten by Wellmed. They now limit me to 30 days eventhough my doctor prescribes 90 days.

The problem is I travel out of the country for 30 - 90 days. I have talked to customer service but the most they are willing to do is once a year 30 day override. I'm on  my own for anything over 60 days. There is no margin for error to fill the prescription and, God knows, Optum Rx has trouble delivering prescriptions on time. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos

I have also had great difficulty dealing with this company.  They insist that  I owe premiums for coverage for months when I was under employer coverage, insist that I have not paid when I have given them a credit card and electronic funds transfer authorization, threatened me with late enrollment penalties, and now and cutting off my coverage.  Their customer service phone service is useless -- (just read from scripts) -- and I have spent over 6 hours on the phone with them, with no resolution.  Sent a personal letter via fax and postal mail, and 20 days later, get a message saying, 'we have posted a message to your account' -- but there is no message there.  Now another letter threatening discontinuation. It seems like they will not admit that they have made mistakes, and there is no way to email them back or talk to anyone with authority to correct my account. I find them incredibly unprofessional and not remotely consumer-friendly.  There is no way to contact AARP about this either, evidently.  Why they are affiliated, I cannot understand. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I live in MD & I'm having problems with United Healthcare Walgreens plan. Terrible! Give me the runaround, auto callback doesn't work. Asked to speak to a manager, he was "in a meeting" but never called back. Help desk supposedly left notes, but each time I called, I had to go through the whole frickin story over & over. Never again!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Where do you live? You still have time to switch your plans for next year. You should check out all available advantage plans in your area. Be sure to read all the information they provide about the plan and what it covers.

I live in Central Texas and I have the Baylor Scott & White Medicare Advantage plan. I use their Pharmacy that is close to my house and I don't have any problems with getting what my doctor prescribes. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP