Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Humana and My local hospitals have discontinued affiliation

Regular Contributor

Humana and My local hospitals have discontinued affiliation

i had heard rumors in December about Humana dropping coverages in My upstate NY area, but they denied it.  So today ( January 13th 2024) 12 days after starting the 2024 plan, I get a letter stating as of July 1st 2024, Hospital coverage for My hospital and all its affiliated hospitals and services will be terminated.  Great. They knew all along.  Can I join another Medicare Advantage plan instead now, or am I out of luck. Doesn't seem right.  Humana knew about this and waited to shaft Us.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, you can change plans 

AARP.org - updated 01/09/2024 - Can I change Medicare Advantage plans at any time?

from the link ~  we are currently in this Medicare Advantage open Enrollment period.

Medicare Advantage open enrollment period —Jan. 1 to March 31. If you have a Medicare Advantage plan, you can switch to another MA plan, or change from Medicare Advantage to original Medicare and join a Part D plan during MA open enrollment period. Your coverage begins the first day of the month after you switch.

Medicare.gov - Joining, Switching or dropping a Medicare Advantage Plan

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP