Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

You make me laugh.  Love it!  The way my life is going right now, yep that will be me on moving day. ๐Ÿคฃ

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Trusted Contributor

That is great. I enjoy having friends invite me over for a visit. I have had neighbors over maybe 8-10 times  for a happy hour - really great time  for me- I do not think of the past we share current stories/Jokes/travel experiences. Last week I had my first get together at my place with six guests. - Turned out great - Also, friends have invited me on a cruise with them which I am planning on doing. We will hook up our reservations maybe do a few meals together, do some tours, attend shows etc. So I will not be "by myself" all the time

Something else I discovered is that many things bring back memories. My wife and I would always attend  church together -  I have to force myself to do it as it brings back memories.  

Anyhow I take it a day at a time and life is getting better. House still seems very empty so I bike first thing every morning gets some endorphins going and starts the day on a good note. 

Please let us know how the social worked out.

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Iโ€™m the one with the walker ๐Ÿคฃ

Bronze Conversationalist

Are they attempting to do the Macarena @Nicole439658 ? A little sore from tennis yesterday, but I think I'm doing ok for now. ๐Ÿคช

Marcy

Gold Conversationalist

โ€œWelcome to the Hotel Nicole-ifornia

(Itโ€™s a stretch....I know..LOL!)

Such a lovely place ...

They livin' it up at the Hotel Nicole-ifornia

What a nice surprise!โ€

Bronze Conversationalist

lol    no thank you, tho nice of you to think of me  looks like you're all 

line dancing?  where do you get all these gifs? they're great

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Nicole, you make me laugh.  Thank You ๐Ÿ˜

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Marcy I like your hat! 

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy Workers were supposed to be here on Friday to remove needed tile for my kitchen floor. Wednesday I got a text from my contractor that he was in the hospital preparing to have surgery, but he hoped to be here on Friday. No more news, no workers, and no kitchen tiles. I guess you will have to delay coming for dinner! ๐Ÿคช

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Update... @SpringIsHereSoHappy . I heard from my contractor and they are scheduled to be here at least on Tuesday and Wednesday this week!๐Ÿคž

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Gold Conversationalist

Happy Dance Time....

for Marcy....@MarcyW882921

HAPPY DANCE!!!HAPPY DANCE!!!

and of course....

HAPPY DANCE!!!...

for Nicole!!! ๐Ÿคฃ LOL!

Take care!  โ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿ›ถ๐Ÿ–~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ ๐Ÿ โ›ต

Bronze Conversationalist

I do too Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ! I'm getting a bit discouraged.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Yes @SpringIsHereSoHappy . I will likely wait until Tuesday and then contact them.

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappyYes I do know why Lol It has 

been a month and my leg still isnโ€™t fully healed. And I have been left with a huge swollen lump that hurts if I press on it. I guess itโ€™s time for this old retired

Nurse to go see her Dr Lol

Conversationalist

I hope that the doctors can help you.  Amazing how you wake up one day and everything falls apart.  To make matters worse I come home from the doctors and see my garbage can IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET.  So dumb me goes to bring it back to the curb.  Ankle gives out and there I am laying in the middle of the street thinking how in the h*ll am I going to get up and to the curb??  So I crawl to the curb and cling to the garbage can to pull myself up.  Now I injured my elbow, hand, hip, ankle and knee!!!  I was glad no one saw this.  I will call the doctor on Monday to see if I should have an Xray taken on that leg to see if I fractured anything.  Later on in the day as I calmed down, I laughed thinking about what I must have looked like; this old white haired lady crawling on the street to the curb.  So again, I take one step forward (going to the doctors and getting tests done) and then two steps back by falling on the ground and injuring myself even more!  I think this is a reminder from God to TAKE CARE OF MYSELF, but it seems that I am a slow learner.  I am glad that you are going to the doctors for your leg.  I guess we can all move into Nicole's retirement home with our walkers, wheelchairs and canes.  Marcy and I will cook and bake and we will all get fat. ๐Ÿคฃ

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee, isn't that just the way things happen for us. I'm so sorry. What an ordeal. I hope your ankle is ok. And try to slow down. Take care!

Bronze Conversationalist

Oh Cadee @Cadee2719 ! You just can't catch a break my dear friend! You must take care of yourself and let your garbage can do the same! If someone runs over the garbage can you can get a replacement, but you are a different story. As we age it is important to think ahead about the potential consequences for our actions. It's an ongoing conversation I have with myself! Bless you for finding a bit of humor about your situation later in the day.

Marcy

Conversationalist

Thank You Marcy.  I have always been very active and the many years my husband was ill, I took over being "the man of the house" doing all the tasks.  I love being busy, BUT as others have told me many, many times I am getting older and need to slow down.  THIS was definitely a wake up call for me.  I truly want to spend the end of my life being happy, content, rested and as healthy as I can be.  Thank You for caring.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Cadee2719 Wow you have even

outdone my stupid fall out of bed that

hurt my leg! Seriously Iโ€™m concerned as youโ€™re having leg issues already. You

should at the bare minimum go to Urgent Care. They will advise you of next steps. In the mean time, icing the injuries is key.
Take a NSAID and 
rest. Keep us posted ๐Ÿคž

PS- Friendly advice from a retired Nurse

Conversationalist

I am waiting on the results of the 11 vials of blood test that the doctor ordered.  On October 6 I am getting a bone density test.  The ice and walker and steroid are helping.  I will talk to the doctor today about my fall and see if I need X-rays.  The pain in my calfs began several months ago after a new technician gave me a nuclear stress test.  I was in so much pain right after the test thinking he used too much chemicals.  It felt like my head and calfs were going to EXPLODE and I have gone downhill since.  I intend to discuss this with my cardiologist in two weeks.  Then again, I am old and falling apart.  Thank You for caring Nurse Beatle.  โค๏ธ  Now what is the update on your leg? hmmmmmm

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes go to Doc tho I hate going there myself  You shouldn't have a lump on your leg

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. I'm glad you're with your daughter and you seem to like where you are now. And that's good. I get a kick out of your sweet dreams gifs. Thanks so much for posting them for us. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Seems I suffered a reaction from the flu shot. Didn't get full blown flu but have

been quite sick. Much better today. I do try to stop by often as I can. It has really

helped and all the good people on it. I gain insight and understanding as

each person shares. So, taking each day as it is and trying to keep up with

things. Life happens every day, and don't we know it! lol  Have a good day

all you lovely people! Take care!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP