Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Conversationalist

I wanted to wish everyone a peaceful and healthy New Year.  I hesitate to use the word "happy" because it is not really fitting in the context we are living today as those who are grieving our lost loved ones.  However, perhaps we have to think about redefining what the word happy means to us now so that we can still live fully in a new world with a new identity.  I'd like your thoughts on that.  I am trying to remain open and positive and balance my perspectives.  Perhaps that is another beginning.  Wishing you all the best on this journey that no one wants to take.  Your friend, Sue

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Sue for your thoughtful insights. We do find ourselves in a new world. It's not only how we treat ourselves but how others treat us in our new roles. People struggle for what to say when encountering loss or hard things. What works is asking about them, their family or pets, how their day is going etc. I think that's living fully in a new world. While knowing there are people who truly care about us as we go about our day. To have their love and support has made and makes my life full. That way I can live my daily life in this new world.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!   WISHING YOU A YEAR OF PEACE, LOVE, GOOD HEALTH AND HAPPINESS.  KEEP TAKING "ONE STEP AT A TIME."

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee2719 @Cadee2719 , Thanks Cadee. I wish you all the best in 2024 - health, happiness, a new home, security, and peace.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

1StepATaTIME @SpringIsHereSoHappy , It is very hard to keep up with you! I'm stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year and to say I am back from my trip.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ 1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy , Maybe this is the motto for 2024 "Live It?"

Marcy

Conversationalist

Hi!  Christmas was a somber day and I am glad that it is over.  Went for my blood tests this morning 22 vials!!! and I go back this Friday for 22 more vials.  Will I have any blood left in my body??  My son and friends loaded up the truck/trailer with all the "stuff" from my house and are on their way to Idaho.  My priorities are 1) Eye surgery, 2) get results of blood tests and a plan to resolve my issues 3) Hopefully put the house on the market the end of January and MOVE.  My grandson sent me a text that he is back home and plans to visit me soon.  (I am happy).   Soon it will be a new year and I hope that we will all be STRONGER, MORE CONTENT and HAPPY.  We deserve it as we have all worked so hard to heal.  Could not do it without you Nicole and others on this site.  Thank Youโค๏ธ and Thank You AARP for providing the format for us.

Bronze Conversationalist

That is a lot of blood to take. Take care.

Bronze Conversationalist

Wow Cadee @Cadee2719 ! You made it through another holiday and survived them taking 22 vials of blood!! You must be exhausted. Please rest and eat well for a few days before they take more blood from you.

You have a plan and things to look forward to such as your grandson's visit and ultimately a move to Idaho.

Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress.๐Ÿค—

Marcy

Conversationalist

Thanks Marcy.  I think I really scared my son.  I laid down on the bed and fell into a deep sleep.  He and his two friends came back and were continuing to move boxes.  He said the alarm on my front door went off when they entered and I never moved.  He said all three of them were standing over me making sure I was breathing and alive.  I guess giving 22 vials of blood must have exhausted me.  Normally you come into the bedroom and just stand there and I am awake.  I felt bad about scaring them but I heard NOTHING.  I was out cold.  I am on my way to the store for bananas, orange juice and other things to restore my potassium.  That way I  will be prepared for my second blood withdrawal this Friday.  My son thinks I should wait weeks before my second withdrawal, but the doctor says the tests take a long time to decipher and I have an appointment with him in a few weeks.   My son gave me numbers to call to reach him along with a satellite phone number in case of emergency.  Never a dull moment.  The realtor sent a picture of his home and there is snow!  

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Wednesday 12/27/23)

Cadee @Cadee2719 , I wish I was "closer" to you so I could keep an eye on you.

Do you have anyone left behind who CARES with your son MOVING "before" you?  ๐Ÿค”

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

No, I am on my own once my son moves.  It is a little scary.  I have neighbors but that is it.  Hopefully I can get the surgery done (my son will be here to take me) and I will get what information I need from the Rheumatologist to take with me to Idaho then put my house on the market.  I can't really stay here alone.  I wish you were near too Nicole ๐Ÿ˜ but you have enough to take care of.  Hopefully it will go fast and I will be in Idaho soon.  AARP should do an article on the elderly living in dangerous cities and how to survive.  Funny, it is never mentioned.

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Tuesday 12/26/23)

Yes Cadee @Cadee2719 , get those "medical" stuff out of the way so you can "deal" with Idaho.

I am still "hanging" on to Virginia WHILE I get "use" to Florida AGAIN. Lol, I use the word USE, but will NEVER give up on my LUV FOR VIRGINIA.

2024 has POSSIBILTIES FOR US ALL and if we "grab" them, we will be PLEASANTLY surprised.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Maybe START getting things IN ORDER while you wait. This way you have something to LOOK FORWARD to. ๐Ÿ‘

Trust me, CHANGING states at our AGE has its "challenges"...  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

But the AWESOME part is that you are MOVING to a state you WANT TO BE IN. Away from a state you hate. You go girl!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Conversationalist

I agree with you Nicole.  Changing states is a challenge at our age.  The Los Angeles Times printed a huge article about all the policemen and firemen that have taken their retirement from California and moved to Eagle, Idaho.  The entire housing community consists of them.  They mentioned how much SAFER it was there and how friendly and kind the people are.  This just shows you how dangerous it is here when the police and firemen are leaving in droves!!  One of them was just elected Mayor of the town!!!!  Crazy isn't it?

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿคถ  1 comment (Monday 12/25/23)

I am "available" on this site via the AARP Grief & Loss Forum AND/OR via the AARP PM (private message) IF anyone needs me.  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Merry Christmas, Nicole:    I am not grieving but I am going through the transition of retiring this year.  I plan to retire on October 1, 2024.   I will be 70 years old and I think that it is time for me to retire.   I am blessed with good health and plentiful resources.   Even in the best of circumstances, change can be challenging.  I will look forward to the advice of others as I make my transition.   Many blessings to all for happiness, optimal health and prosperity in 2024.   Sbrownaz

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Sunday 12/24/23)

Kim @KimberlyM389662  ๐Ÿ’™,  Brady ๐Ÿ’™  Beasley  ๐Ÿถ, Munchkin  ๐Ÿˆ  and Blu  ๐Ÿˆ

Trusted Contributor

@SpringIsHereSoHappy . Merry Christmas. I have a lot going on and it's not good. I will private message you either tomorrow or Wednesday. I really need a sis to talk to. Love you much. Everyone says Hi. 

IMG_20231211_080340423.jpg

IMG_20231211_074059407.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ’ก  1 comment (Sunday 12/24/23)

A SUGGESTION: Reflect on your future. Try thinking about things youโ€™d like to do in the coming year. From painting your bedroom or joining a choir to starting bereavement counselling or moving house: make a list of things that will make you feel better. You might change your mind, but at least youโ€™ll emerge from Christmas with some ideas for what your future could look like now. 

*** Stop by IF you "feel" up to it and tell us about YOUR THOUGHTS about this suggestion  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™  ***

๐Ÿ“‹  24 ways to survive Christmas when youโ€™re grieving | Untangle Grief.

https://untanglegrief.com/24-ways-to-survive-christmas-whilst-grieving/

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. It's a hopeful topic. I like the idea of looking to the future. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole, thank you for all your diligent care and concern, and โค๏ธ on the forum. I'm sure everyone wishes you well, happy moments during the season, and few or no struggles. Take care!

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Yes Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy , I have read this book. I will be anxious to see how you like it.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

14 comments (Thursday 12/21/23)

๐Ÿšš ๐Ÿ›ฃโฐ   Cadee @Cadee2719 , not too much longer for IDAHO!!!   ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hello to everyone.  Well Nicole it looks like there will be a delay in my moving.  Went to the Rheumotologist yesterday.  Not good news.  I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and a high level of inflammation in my body.  I go for blood test December 26th ( a lot more than the 11 vials they took the first time!).  He is putting me on cortisone shots and wanting to do a vein biopsy and   

some other tests.  I will delay putting my home on the market until I get the results of all the tests and he said he would put all the information on a disk to be given to the doctor in Idaho.   My son and a friend are taking a truck filled with stuff up to his new home on December 27.  He will then have a moving van load up all his furniture and stuff and take it to Idaho Things didn't quite work out as I planned but it seems as if they never do.  Wishing you and all my friends HAPPY HOLIDAYS.  Mine will be quiet.  Thank You for checking on me.  I hope that Santa is good to you because YOU deserve it. โค๏ธ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP