Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Gold Conversationalist

Denise cooked.....and Katie was there.....

Denise cooked.....and Katie was there.....but she was not impressed.... and Katie left with her cell phone!Denise cooked.....and Katie was there.....but she was not impressed.... and Katie left with her cell phone!

but she was not impressed.... and Katie left with her cell phone! LOL!

Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

I wish you all a peaceful Thanksgiving. It's inspiring to see you all making your way, your efforts and progress. Two steps forward, one back, that's how it goes. Thank you for all your sharing, the ups and downs. We just keep going...

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

I always hear helpful ideas on this site. I heard some time ago to look beyond the window, and not through it. Also, a dear friend always talked about and planned her future. She said we always have a future somewhere. This is good to remember because the pain of loss seems more intense at holidays. Except that the end of something is the beginning of something new. What is new brings hope!

Silver Conversationalist

These are all great MC @mc6844 ! A couple of darkness ones run through my mind. "There is always darkness before the dawn, and this is to make you stronger." and even better, "There is always darkness before dawn. The light is on its way."

I also heard an old song at a class this morning - "I Will Survive." It has energy, strength, and a strong sense of conviction (even though the circumstance in the song is a bit different ).

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Marcy for your uplifting sharing. I try to keep hopeful going about my day too. There's so many people having tough times these days. And need a hand or a kind word.

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Gold Conversationalist

Me:  I am really bad about REMEMBERING to take my two meds.......well....

Id offer you my Stackable Pill Organizer......if it ever gets here HAHAAAA!

my Stackable Pill Organizer......if it ever gets here HAHAAAA!my Stackable Pill Organizer......if it ever gets here HAHAAAA!

Thanks My 4evah friend!

Happy Thanksgiving Nicole! @SpringIsHereSoHappy!

Take care!  ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚โ˜ฎ๏ธ  ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚

1 comment (Saturday 11/18/23)

Hold on, is your KITCHEN FINALLY FINISHED???? ๐Ÿค”

Me too dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Luv you my friend,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

I wish you were here Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy because I'm cooking and you could have dinner here.๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿด๐Ÿฅง

Marcy โœ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Yes Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ! My remodeling is done and my table finally came yesterday. Woo hoo!

Marcy

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

I am decorating an outdoor xmas tree in our back yard with Red clip on Cardinals (12) and white velvet bows  in memory of my hubby ..We do have a small indoor Xmas tree with gold pointsetias and white lights ..I try to make the best of a somber situation because I know this is what he would want me to do...I am a sentimentalist and try to remember better times for all  of us. Thanksgiving will be spent with both my daughter here at home and my granddaughter and her partner will stop by if only to say hello and dishes will be set out for those who want to take part in the celebratiion of thanksgiving...I have purchased presents for all ..some funny some useful ones as I like to give gifts...Even though he is not here in body he is here with us in spirit...Wishing you all a peaceful holiday....

Silver Conversationalist

That sounds really nice Jonibee. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and your family and friends will too. Good job!

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

I hear ya, Nicole. But if people, especially older folks don't feel like eating they should check in with the doc. Might be a digestive thing. Plus not eating brings on its own problems. I've read where snacking is fine and often recommended. If it tastes good people will at least eat and get calories.

For me, all the Thanksgiving food on TV and in stores is too much to look at. It reminds me of the sick who weren't able to eat a thing. 

1 comment (Friday 11/17/23)

Marcy @MarcyW882921   , tell me about it!!!  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Isn't THIS month the END of Florida Hurricane Season??? ๐Ÿค”

Lol, as long as NO HURRICANE or flooding arrives, I guess I can handle it! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Glad you got some tennis in.... ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Luv you my friend,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy . I was busy trying to stay dry for a couple of days. I don't know where that continuous wet weather came from, but I didn't like it. I was glad to see the sun and get out to play some tennis today.๐ŸŽพ

Marcyโœ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Yes Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy this month does mark the end of hurricane season. The crazy rains and winds this week were like a tropical storm! I looked at the weather summary for those days and there was no mention of a tropical storm just flood and gale warnings.

Marcy

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ,

I was reading my horoscope in the paper and the last sentence really hit me.

"Do your best to let sorrow and joy coexist."

It resonated with me and maybe it will for others in the forum. So relevant for the holiday season but also as we live from day to day.

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy . I was busy trying to stay dry for a couple of days. I don't know where that continuous wet weather came from, but I didn't like it. I was glad to see the sun and get out to play some tennis today.๐ŸŽพ

Marcy

9 comments (Friday 11/17/23)

๐Ÿฆƒ  Any plans for Thanksgiving?

Me: Nope, NOT "feeling" it this year. Maybe NEXT year. Will "probably" find some movies to binge on.

My daughter "usually" spends holidays with her friends and/or extended family. More "social" than I am at the moment.

Silver Conversationalist

I wish you were here Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy because I'm cooking and you could have dinner here.๐Ÿฆƒ๐Ÿด๐Ÿฅง

Marcy

Conversationalist

I am with you Nicole.  I, too, am not "feeling" the holidays this year.  My son & I will have a quiet dinner together.  I do not plan to decorate for Christmas.  I am hoping that my grandson will come home from college for a visit.  Busy but sad.  I will be leaving the home that I raised my sons in and love, will be leaving the graves of my husband and son behind.  I am going through mixed emotions right now.  Something Dr. Wolfelt said in the AARP presentation was "Recognize our vulnerabilities, Mind our broken hearts."  It continues to be a struggle.  Love you โ™ฅ๏ธ

Trusted Contributor

Hi Cadee, I share you thoughts and this year will be different.  Nothing at my house and I'll travel to see three of my kids on Friday.  I've also been preparing to sell my house.  Its a little easier since none of my kids lived here.  It was our 8th house but lived in it for 7 years.  My wife did pass her though.  I'm definitely going to stay busy and work on getting ready to list in January.  Do you have to move or are you ready?  For me, I'm ready as my life needs to move on.  I like the house but oh man is it sad for me to be here.  It feels like to good memories stopped on 5/29 this year.  It has been hard for my kids to visit too and I'm hoping that a new place will be more welcoming and less sad for them. I too hope your grandson visits during the holidays.

Take care this week and lets all move forward slowly...Bill

Silver Conversationalist

Bill @BillH490171 ,

I'm sorry you feel such sadness in your home. Wishing you safe travels for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday and enjoyable times with your kids. When you get back, it will be time to get to work if you go forward with your plan to sell your house. It seems nothing that we are going through is easy.

Marcy

Trusted Contributor

Marcy, thanks and I'm certainly gearing up for the move effort.  In fact, I have three dish boxes from when I moved from PA to TN to VA over the last 16 years so who knows what's in them.  I'll take most of December to sort and conquer.

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you,  Bill

Conversationalist

Thank you Bill for responding.  I know what you mean by  memories.  My husband was in Hospice Care here for 7 months and sleeping in that room reminds me of the pain and sorrow every night.  I have a brother, sister-in-law, grandson and ex-daughter-in-law that I am close with in Idaho.  My son is moving with me into his new home.  I am sad that the homeless have taken over my beautiful community.  This area ,unlike others, has become a HAVEN for the homeless with continued support from our politicians at the expense of the taxpayers.    No one is safe here ESPECIALLY the elderly.  My 80 year old neighbor was killed and they tried to burn her body.  He has never been caught.   I MUST MOVE.  Sounds like I live in the slums, but homes here sell for a lot of money.  Wishing you Happy Holidays!  Moving is a LOT OF WORK.  HANG IN THERE Bill.

Gold Conversationalist

OoIP.jpg

Or....some movies to binge on....

LOL!!

Take care!  ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚โ˜ฎ๏ธ  ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚

1 comment (Friday 11/17/23)

Lol Allen @Therapist4u you are a Hot Mess!!!  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Tell Denise I said hey.... ๐Ÿ˜

Gold Conversationalist

Denise Agrees:

Oh yes Nicole! Allen IS A Hot Mess! LOL!!Oh yes Nicole! Allen IS A Hot Mess! LOL!!

HAHAHAA ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ™ƒ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP