Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Info Seeker

Re: Do you have an iphone 5 or older iphone device?

Message 1 of 15

Somebody gave me an iPhone 5S which replaced a 4 that I have.  I use my phone primarily to text, talk once in a while, & I have about 275 songs in different playlists on it to listen to and check an app to see when the

bus is coming or another for the weather.  I don't play games on it and dont

stream anything and don't know anything about gigahertz or megabits. I use AT&T and satisfied with their service (especially #611 on the phone gets a genuine person really fast) my monthly bill is

around $52 total including all the extra governmental fees and taxes.  I'm perfectly happy with

this phone.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 15

My recommendation: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING OFF OF CRAIGSLIST. This is a Place to Scam Innocent People. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. DO NOT MEET ANYONE, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING,  DO NOT RENT ANYTHING. Look on Amazon, EBay,  a local Facebook Trade, Buy & Sell, or your local "Letgo".

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 15

Chloe,

Check AT&T out at Xmas time. That's when my iPhone 7 appeared for free with minimal memory.

Opted for 128 Gb instead for few bucks more.

For the amount of time I use it, opted for more memory.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 15

Just wait until December for those who wish to upgrade their phones.Thats when specials even the new whizbang 8's will go on sale, or deeply discounted.

Or buy last model off Craigslist, etc from same carrier or unlocked.

Froze

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 15

I can still use my Applie Ipad 2, when it lets me

Conversationalist

Message 6 of 15

Yes and I wish to trade in in for a newer version.

Please contact me for more details!

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 15

Yes, I have an iphone 5. I'd like to get a more updated one because I need a larger screen for visibility, but I cannot afford it at this time. Therefore, I will keep squinting until I find my reading glasses, then happily use my iphone 5c. 

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 15

My spouse has an iPhone 5 because it will fit in his front pocket. I have an iPhone 6. We can't afford to buy new phones every 2-3 years. I prefer that he have a phone like mine so I can maintain it since he hasn't been able to learn how to maintain it for himself.

i also have an iPad II.

cdgchgo
Info Seeker

Message 9 of 15

Ifone 5s but not on a cell service. I use it off line or when I have wifi available. I carry an LG flip phone for calls

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 15

Still have my older than old iPhone 4 (I know lol) but you're right, at&t just won't offer any good deals. I can still use it for calls but use my iPad mini for everything else. Give seniors a break AT&T !