Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2023

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2023

Share how you use the Rewards Catalog to support your holiday giving and budgeting for a chance to win one of eight (8) $50 gift cards.  

Examples from last year's winners posts:

"One of the most meaningful aspects of the holidays to me is the time I get to spend with others.  Using the AARP Rewards, I am looking forward to meals out at a favorite restaurant with family and/or friends where I will get to spend some quality one-on-one time with them while enjoying a meal thanks to AARP!"  

"This is my first year as an AARP Member.  I love learning through the different activities, to save up Reward Points, which helps me to purchase our favorite restaurant gift cards, for fast food, or dining out for special events, or for grocery shopping.  I love to give these gifts cards to my adult daughter, to enjoy for an easy dinner out where she doesn't have to cook after working her daily shift.  It shows my appreciation, and it is a big savings on items we would most likely purchase anyway."

Runs from 10/18 - 12/12/23. Click here for rules

AARPTeri
Contributor

I’m happy to use my points to get entries into contests and for gift cards for my wonderful family ( especially my 7 grandchildren! ) to use. What fun! 

Contributor

I primarily use my points to sign up for sweepstakes and instant win opportunities.  I enjoy the magazines and money saving tips and the articles. 

Contributor

I've been a member of AARP since 2006 and have enjoyed the magazine content ever since. I've been playing AARP Rewards online, I've enjoyed the quizzes and videos to learn more about exercise, finance, and other factors important in my retirement. I have been using the Rewards for sweepstakes entries that can help family and community - most recently Home Depot and the Thankful for our Community Sweepstakes. I also enjoy going out to restaurants and the discounts and gift cards help with limited finances. Thanks AARP! Happy Holidays to all!

Contributor

We love the AARP restaurant discounts especially when we are out shopping so we don't have to fuss when we return home. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Recently won a Sweepstakes for Cracker Barrel Restaurants and with it I invited my mom, pops and sister for a late lunch.

Mom - loved the meatloaf

Pops - with his usual line... "ahh- it's ok, but I could have made it better"

Sister - half smiles and grins at my generosity

Me - easy to please; good eatin' plus if I could get a good deal so much the better too.... and it doesn't get any better than with a sweepstakes win from the Rewards program here.

With gift cards, some Instant Wins, and a few Sweepstakes Wins - the Rewards program helps me provide small gestures of appreciation for my moms, pops and sister, too.

Regular Contributor

Watching videos and answering quizzes daily is how I save all my reward points and use later for great gifts and discounted gift cards for daily use and as giving for gifts. Thanks again AARP. and Happy Holidays to ALL. 

Contributor

My friend and I decided to forget Christmas gifts for each other, and instead use my AARP Rewards to get a special offer at a local restaurant. A relaxing experience is better for us than giving each other another item we don't need around the house.                       

Periodic Contributor

We complete the various quizzes to earn points to enter the contests, would be great to win to use for offsetting the holiday costs.

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

We complete the various quizzes to earn points to enter the contests, would be great to win to use for offsetting the holiday costs.

I like to give to Samartan's purse through my church...

Super Contributor

Good Luck to all entering the contest

HAPPY THANKSGIVINGtmp.gif

Contributor

Actually, as I came across this contest I was going to search for a particular gift card for my son's birthday. That's how I like to save my points for rewards.

Periodic Contributor

I love entering the sweepstakes and instant wins.  I also like to enter codes to earn points that I can redeem for gift cards to help with groceries and eating out.  Every little bit helps to make ends meet!

Periodic Contributor

I joined AARP this year and LOVE it! I quickly learned that the educational videos and games I enjoy playing can give me reward points to use for instant wins, sweepstake entries, gifts like e-cards and magazines, and discounted gift cards. Cool! As a 53-year-old single mom with chronic, debilitating health problems, I struggle to make ends meet and give to others. My mobility is impaired which makes it difficult to get out and enjoy simple activities and pleasures in life. However, my mental and physical health has improved since using the rewards system in the AARP app. I used reward points to buy 2 discounted gift cards this November; my daughters and I enjoyed pizza delivery for birthdays, and I gave one of them a gift card as a gift! This saved me money that I can use towards Thanksgiving dinner. 🙂 I’ve never won an instant win….until today! After watching educational videos and playing games, I entered and instantly won a free $10 gift card to my favorite bath store!!!! I usually give what I have to others, but I’m keeping that one as a Christmas gift to myself for staying positive and never giving up. The games and Staying Sharp app have improved my outlook, focus, memory, and they’re fun! I feel more confident about getting older now, more knowledgeable and less scared. I stopped coloring my hair to save money, be healthier, and embrace my natural beauty…I’ll never go back. I even used reward points for a hotel gift card sweepstakes, and if I win, I’ll be treating me and my best friend to a weekend getaway (Christmas gift) to celebrate our friendship and enjoy time together without the daily stressors in life. I’m definitely giving discounted gift cards as Christmas gifts because I see favorite restaurants and stores available. Plus, I’ll be sending their e-cards for holiday greetings. As another Christmas present to myself, I’ll be renewing with AARP in December because it’s helping me be a healthier and happier woman, friend, and mom; it allows me to give more to others and myself. With the holiday season starting, we all need to care for ourselves so we can then care and give to our loved ones. That’s what gives life meaning: healthy, loving relationships which bring us joy. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all!!

🍗🍷🎄🧑‍🎄 🎁 👩‍👧‍👧 ❤️🧡💛

I enjoy earning points so I can enter drawings for gift cards and cash to help with holiday .  I haven't won anything yet but it is fun to try and I gain a lot of useful information from the quizzes.

Contributor

As a single 69 y.o. woman, still working because Social Security and a small retirement fund are not enough to give me joy, I love earning points to redeem on gift cards.  When I can share it, it gives me even more joy.

Periodic Contributor

I cash in points to get free gift cards and I buy discounted gift cards.  I usually use the gift cards myself to get other things for friends and family members.

Periodic Contributor

I like to give gift cards at the holiday so people can pick what they like, and I am grateful to AARP for offering them at a discount so I can save $$ too 😉 

I have a favorite women’s shelter that I donate to. During the holidays I like to pack bags with goodies (toiletries, perfume, lipstick, anything to make the ladies feel special, etc.) to give to the shelter. I recently purchased two different tote bags using my AARP points. I will also fill these bags and two ladies will be very happy to get them. They have so little, these will become a cherished possession. Thank you AARP.

Periodic Contributor

I think the opportunity for AARP rewards is a wonderful way to have some fun and benefit yourself, your family, and others. There are plenty of business' offered to find your favorite food or dept store that is favored and patronized to help curb inflation. It's nice to surprise those we love by putting some discounts in their stocking this Christmas. Everyone benefits, including the business'. I know I appreciate the variety and monthly change up of what's offered, including swapping points for gifts like insulated bags, pill dispensers etc. You never know what's to come so you anxiously stay alert for new ideas, gifts, restaurants. Thank you AARP

Periodic Contributor

The AARP Rewards program gives me so many opportunities to save money.  I can buy items outright with points - for myself or for gifts.  We used a TopGolf discount e-card to play with our kids and grandkids on a recent vacation.  I often buy the Safeway discount e-cards for grocery shopping and save 8% on my grocery purchases -- a real savings with the price of groceries always going up!  Thank you, AARP, for the many ways you have helped me save money over the years!

Contributor

Re: AARP Rewards Holiday Savings and Budget Contest

It is fun! to earn points and survey the options for redeeming them from the safety of the computer where the pandemic can't trouble my enjoyment.  I have actually won an INSTANT WIN gift card (to my great surprise) and can use the discounts on many retailers to pass on to others who can go out to those stores ln person.  Thank goodness for USPS, UPS, and FedEX for making my world a bit wider and to AARP for helping my mind and wallet to a  better place ...    I also notice how trusting we members are to view and participate in this AARP event by the huge difference in the number of views made here and the number who looked at the rules--a testament to the comfortable relationship we have in this organization.  Thanks for brightening the holiday season!!

I used my free points for a food magazine to make healthy meals for family and friends..

Contributor

I love all the ways you can earn rewards points. what I do with my gift cards I win is give them to others .It is better to give then to receive to me . Look what all Jesus did for me and everyone . It is truly more of a blessing to me to give to others. AARP is truly a bless to me to allow me to win the gift cards so i can give to others. Merry Christmas and God bless you all. 

Kudos
Views
Contributor

What I win from aarp I give away to others for their use. Might be nice to win a monthly drawing at least once after using millions of points for the last few years and getting nothing.

My AARP benefits are my holiday magic wand, turning the season into a grand extravaganza. From travel discounts that make family reunions possible to culinary delights and thoughtful gifts with exclusive deals, AARP ensures my holidays are not just special but spectacular.  

Contributor

Not only do I use my Rewards as gifts...I actually think the best use is that my brain is used to complete the tasks used to earn points. Thank you

Regular Contributor

SInce Covid made its presence and threat known, I have relied more and more on online shopping whereas in the past I clipped paper coupons and never left home without them! Now I browse the discounts and sweepstakes online and try to combine my shopping trips with AARP's added rewards to maximize savings! The AARP articles often give me helpful tips that I also can incorporate into my online shopping experiences!

Periodic Contributor

I love being able to use my points for gift cards which I can give as gifts or use for our family to help the budget.  I use them for food, household supplies, clothing, shoes, and even soap from Bath & Body Works so we will keep washing those hands 🙂 

Contributor

My favorite use of rewards points is being able to buy Barnes and Noble gift cards! I'll be using the two $5 gift cards I've purchased so far to put toward books or CDs for my husband's birthday and Christmas gifts! Thanks, AARP Rewards!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP