Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL 2024

MORNING ROLL CALL 2024
Top of the morning to everyone on this 1st day of May 2024.

Happy Birthday to all of our May Birthday member.

1000009941.jpg

1000010919.jpg

1000010920.jpg

1000007421.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Gold Conversationalist

Hi again @LaDolceVita

So... AFA "Still a few we have not heard from."

Dave @DaveMcK is busy posting something nearly every day....I just replied to one of his yesterday too.... & he also kudoed one of my other posts recently! And I just replied to Lee @LeeS4949 an hour ago. So besides you, Lee & Dave...I’ve interacted lately with some of the other BEST PORCH PEEPS: @catwoman500 @MsStretch  & @SpringIsHereSoHappy

But haven’t heard from Froze! @Frozenoem Well...I do miss his wit & wisdom....since his last post was on April 9th....so I hope he sees this.... & decides to come out of hibernation...LOL!

AFA ‘Trumpet vines’....I’m sorry to hear they ain’t behaving like they supposed to...so I’z a wundrin....are you considering planting other things...like other pretty plants....some herbs or veggies,.... or even some bushes against the house there?  Also it looks like you have an excellent place for hanging plants from the upper slats...or ‘rafters’ I see.

Anyhoot....

Had to add some levity to this pic....

Capture.JPG

”who is this?” (it’s hard for me to see but .....the black ‘thing’ under the windows ....it looks like a doggie lying down)....

and ....(the white thing) ....it looks like “it’s coming up nicely” LOL...

Hope you’re doing well!

As always...Stay safe....&...Take care!

☮️  🌄  ~Allen 🌈  🎨

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy 

Sometime between 2:30 and 4:00 pm,, haven’t had a watch in few years..that’s was what was suggested on weather, went out when dark was coming.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi @MsStretch

Good to know you at least got an 87% view!

Did you take any pics..that could be shared??

That said...I wouldn’t say I had “eclipse fever”....more like the old commercial....WHERE’S THE BEEF?!!?! ... WHERE’S THE ECLIPSE?? LOL!!

As I mentioned to Dave @DaveMcK Our mostly cloudy day hindered all but a few moments to see it! ..& with short windows of partial clearing...while using a friends ‘eclipse glasses’ ...It was more like a ‘tease’...it was hard trying to share glasses!!...“there it is...no it’s gone...wait there it is again...”...& yet the few glimpses were incredible....

Anyway...as always take care!

☮️  🌄 ~Allen  🌈 🎨

Honored Social Butterfly

Allen,

Next time if you don’t have glasses or filters try a pinhole camera, I think Boy Scouts or ? Taught me that decades ago, had to look it up this year just in case.

It’s not a direct view so, no eye damage.👍

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Gold Conversationalist

Hey  Froze! @Frozenoem  Good to hear from you!

Thanks for replying...& trying to help!

Yes I had looked into making a box w/ pinhole...but it was at one point trying to rain & did a little....but the clouds were so thick that it seemed like another ‘bust’...LOL! And then I saw my neighbor & she said...hey Allen....come over here...& shared her glasses...& lo & behold...between cloud covers there were moments of enough clearing to see it for short moments..at least I can say I saw it! Ha!

In 2017 our whole condo complex was prepared & it was so cool!

I slipped out to go to a quiet place to be by myself! And shortly before total...& for a whole bunch of minutes...it was dead quiet...all the birds stopped flying around & nothing from the usual ‘chirpers’....they KNEW something was up!...& then when it got the darkest...there was an eerie atmosphere..hard to explain...but it was almost ‘creepy’...kind of pickin up on what early  man must have felt...of course for them ....before they mapped the stars & moon & made sundials etc...it must have been a WTF moment....of course they didn’t know that expression yet! HAHAAA!!

Anyway,

Stay safe....&... ‘WAHM’ LOL!!

Take care!

🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️ 🏂

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (4/8/24) @Therapist4u , do the birds stop flying each time or just the one in 2017?  🤔

Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy , during a full eclipse, it turns to night which confuses birds and all wildlife, so yes, they generally stop their tweeting and chirping and flying.

Gold Conversationalist

DUNNO...You’d have to ask the birds>>>>📢 🐦📣🕊🦅🦉🐦🦆 

...LOL!!

That said (with a smile...😃 HA!)....

this time it wasn’t as quiet...or eerie...

due to it was mostly dark anyway...

& because of very little actual....

‘eclipsing’ <<<new word LOL!

Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (4/8/24) That is AWESOME that you saw it @Therapist4u !!!  👵

Gold Conversationalist

Thanks Nicole! 🙂👍

I would ask you how was your experiences...but then I saw the:

“@MsStretch , I have NEVER seen one and DO NOT plan to. ENJOY!!!”

BTW: HI TOO @MsStretch LOL!!

Hope y’all are doing well!

Take care!

☮️  🌄~Allen 🌈  🎨

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (4/9/24) I am doing good @Therapist4u and hope you are too  💙💙💙

Gold Conversationalist

Thanks for askin @SpringIsHereSoHappy....

I’m.....GREAT.JPG

I’m.....GREAT😀

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (4/8/24)    ANY COFFEE DRINKERS OUT THERE?

I am one and buy the regular instant coffee, Walmart brand. Then add their version of sweet & low. Then LOTS of creamer (Hazelnut or French Vanilla). At age 66 this year, I can drink it at bedtime. Lol, NO longer keeps me awake as it did when I was a youngster.  🙄  I now drink it for the taste!!! 👵

Silver Conversationalist

All my life.. Got me an auto maker a few years ago, I set it the night before and its ready when I get up. Just have to plod to the kitchen and pour..A little milk and a squirt of French Vanilla and Im good to go.

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Friday 4/5/24) MAIL ALERT!

@Frozenoem , what was the "issue & fix" - I cannot remember, but I was around with my OLD account 2019 to 2021.  👵

YOU WROTE: Heck I was thrilled when someone actually fixed the you got mail alert that was dated 2021 or 2022 for years.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy 

My notifications of new posts were always dated 2021 despite the actual year of posting.It was like AARP never changed the time and date stamp on their servers.

Beyond that I can’t really speak non-geek. Need to speak to a Windoze or Dos user. Not happening  this month my computers are busy, all of them.

If you have a Windows or Dos computer with bios that hasn’t booted in years and battery is dead on motherboard. Then you’d need to boot to command prompt and enter date: and Time: to bring it into this century.

About as non geek as I can go!

Froze

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

6 comments (Friday 4/5/24 8:29pm ET) Inquiring Minds Want To Know!  🤣😂

Hi Allen @Therapist4u , did you receive the PM I sent you TODAY? Sent: ‎05:42 PM ET. Thanks, Nicole 👵

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Nicole! No IM from you

Also, while you use a phone to access AARP & can see & respond to posts instantly... I have a phone but no data!

I only have an old messed up laptop & I do lots of stuff on it & then I leave....so if I don’t reply soon it might take another day...I'm not ignoring you...I'm here only a short while & that delays responses to you...also my hands hurt too much after a lot of typing so I have to stop for a while.......try to send IM again since I'm here for a short bit more...OK?

Trusted Social Butterfly

4 comments (Friday 4/5/24 10:29pm ET)

@Therapist4u , I was offline. Just sent AGAIN  👵

Gold Conversationalist

NO PM....make sure you have me listed as a friend

go to Quick Links.JPG

go to my Quick Links if already a friend then use that send PM link from there

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Friday 4/5/24 10:57pm ET)

Hey Allen @Therapist4u , here is what I was sending you = that I do not kudo here in the Front Porch but know you like getting them = donot take it personally. Lol, they all know I don't.

Gosh, all porchers have received my PMs. In fact @Frozenoem and myself have been chatting all day.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know. Not in the mood to FIGHT with this site. Lol, way too much troubleshooting. 👵

Gold Conversationalist

OK....try again later tomorrow

I just need to know that its working

I also was trying to reply to a message yesterday

but a notice said "that has been deleted"

and some posts that you had kudoed

by the next day were taken back..they were

UNKUDOED...LOL

I couldn't figure out what was happening

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist

wow..I just realized somehow the ignore user link button was on...listed as "remove ignore" in the pic I just sent...

so I fixed that...& try again

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Friday 4/5/24)

@Therapist4u , I am glad things are working for you on the site. 👍

@LaDolceVita sending these your way  💙💙💙

Gold Conversationalist

unfortunately it was short lived...back to few & random notices☹️😒

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 , I heard about the NJ earthquake!  Glad you are all right.  Reminds me of the one in VA several years back.  Same thing, I wasn't sure what was happening until I looked outside and saw everything shaking.  I've lived in CA and Japan and know about earthquakes, but you just don't expect them on the east coast.

@SpringIsHereSoHappy , are you back in VA?  Thought you moved to FL.  Sorry if I missed something.

Honored Social Butterfly

About the only tremor I ever felt in Maine, was a dainty changing moment, was jacking up my camp and Jack partially crushed my ring and me.I know it’s ez enough to put ring on mandrel but, it’s kinda a CYA everytime I look at it.

To date all fingers are still attached and kinda work, besides it’s my favorite and most often used finger to use in southlands.

Now time for happy pills and food enjoy

Froze

Gold Conversationalist

Hey  Froze! @Frozenoem

More happy pills 4 U!! HAHAAA!!

O happy pills IP.jpg

Gold Conversationalist

happy pills

OIP happy pills.jpg

for Froze @Frozenoem  ..LOL!

happy pills.jpg

Take care!

🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️ 🏂

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (Friday 4/5/24) BIG BRO!  👴

@Frozenoem , what is causing all these earthquakes in places they NEVER use to happen?  😱😱😱

Climate Change? 🤔

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP