Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

Bait & Switch Gift

I signed up for auto renewal and had the choice of free gift "Plus get a FREE 5-port Charging Hub, which allows you to charge up to 5 devices at the same time, or a FREE Cooler Tote with Side Pocket, perfect for picnics or road trips" I chose the charging hub. When I got the confirmation email it stated that my luggage organizer was on the way. Wait-what? What is going on ? This is not what I picked , it was not even offered and is of no use. If that is what shows up you can keep your auto  renewal membership.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DonaldM52801 Thanks for joining our family, Donald! I apologize for that error in the email, your 5 port charging hub is on the way to you and delivery will be within 3-4 weeks. Let me know if you need anything, I'm here to help!

Conversationalist

The free premiums AARP gives out are not worth getting upset about. They are probably only worth a few dollars each. If you don't eventually get your charging hub, try contacting some official AARP person on these forums and see if they can help. Also, I'm no lawyer, but I would guess that any bait-and-switch laws in Vermont don't apply to freebies that come with a membership.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP