Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

increase in part D prescription cost

Contributor

increase in part D prescription cost

My wife and I have United health care supplements and she also has part D prescriptions and traditional medicare. The part D prescription plan went from $64.40 to $80.60 on January 1, no warning about this and I see that from 2024 to2029 these plans can't increase more than 6%, this is pure price gouging at its best to hit an increase by that much. This is about the same as insider trading.  I am thinking of doing away with AARP as they always say they are for the seniors but this proves they go along with price gouging and insider trading, I guess they are right up there with the Justice dept  and FBI with unfair practices. Too bad I always thought AARP United Healthcare was the way to go.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@normky wrote

The part D prescription plan went from $64.40 to $80.60 on January 1, no warning about this and I see that from 2024 to2029 these plans can't increase more than 6%,

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at all the benefit changes that is taking place in the Part D Medicare Prescription Drug Program - yes, higher premium will offset some of these important benefit changes.  Isn't that the way it always is - GET MORE; PAY MORE.

CNBC 11/21/2023 - Retirees face significantly higher Medicare Part D prescription drug premiums in 2...

She may be able to change to a different drug plan - if not now - later.

Medicare.gov - Joining A Plan

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP