Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

UHC omitted to drop me when I switched to another supplementary.

Contributor

UHC omitted to drop me when I switched to another supplementary.

ANYONE ELSE HAVING A SIMILAR ISSUE?

[dont see how to start this as a new issues]

UHC omitted to drop me when I switched to another supplementary. WHen I called to refund me 6-7 months premiums, UHC said they will give me back my premiums after

(1) I have to call all providers and

(2) make sure providers returned the double pay.

When I told them some providers already returned the monies - they said they cannot find the monies.

(3) I was told I have to provide proof like cancelled checks!  

AARP got heavily involved. UHC said that as long as I dont do what I'm told - they close my account. 

UHC - I DONT WORK FOR YOU!    I am out hundreds of $$$!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SoGifted 

Not enough details to answer you specifically on your problem but generally you cancel your old MediGAP policy AFTER you have been approved for the new one of your choice even if it may mean paying premiums for both of them for one month

This means following all the steps to cancel and make sure that the new carrier is paid premiums, premiums are stopped to the old carrier and that Medicare has it set up correctly on your Medicare file..

Sounds like you may have had automatic payment set up to pay the premiums for the UHC MediGAP - it that is the case, that is on you - you could have stopped that with your bank.

Has the UHC MediGAP been paying claims for you during the interim?  Sounds like they have and thus you will have to get this worked out between Medicare, UHC MediGAp and whomever is your new MediGAP carrier and yes, the providers that were paid under the incorrect plan and then paid by the new plan.  At least this money problem has to be worked out between the old and new carrier - yep, probably on you to get this ironed out.

The way it works is Medicare is suppose to be advised of your MediGAP carrier and then claims that have been adjudicated by Medicare can be automatically sent by CMS to the MediGAP carrier on your Medicare record.  This evidently did not get changed to the new carrier of your MediGAP policy. So UHC continued to pay the claims -

Your post is confusing so to give you any better or more specific info, details of the happenings would have to be known (without identifying info).

Yes, it does sound like a mess - one that will take time to unravel pending that all parties can come to some agreement - but donโ€™t discount your own responsibility in the matter cause the way I understand your post, UHC premiums were being paid to them and those had to be initiated by you somehow.

I donโ€™t see how AARP has anything to do with this directly - they may have tried to help as an intermediary who was paid a royalty for your purchase of the UHC MediGAP plan.  Thatโ€™s about the extent of their involvement.  The real action has to take place between you and your NEW and OLD MediGAP carrier.

What does your NEW MediGAP carrier say about the situation?  Maybe you can come to some agreement with UHC on a date to make this problem a little bit easier to handle.  

How could a provider be paid twice by differing MediGAP insurers?  Medicare only has one listed on your Medicare file and that is the one that gets the claims from them once Medicare has paid their amount of covered charges.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP