Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

If I have Medicare Part A and B, can I qualify for a pharmaceutical company's drug savings card if I

Periodic Contributor

If I have Medicare Part A and B, can I qualify for a pharmaceutical company's drug savings card if I

If I have Medicare Part A and B, can I qualify for a pharmaceutical company's drug savings card if I discontinue Part D? Most pharmaceutical companies deny you any savings on their drugs if you have Medicare but what if you don’t have part D?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

You can use any insurance, discount card or discount provider you want to get your Rx meds - you just can't use them together - so pick your poison and buy from the cheapest place by the cheapest means possible.  This is probably gonna be by individual Rx.

But you are right about some non-profit patient advocate or pharmaceutical company help - they won't cover your RX in their program but I think that goes by whether or not you are eligibile for Medicare and not just Medicare Part D.

You may not want to do without a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan(Part D)because there is a life-long premium penalty attached to them if you ever want to get one again. 

Medicare.gov - Part D late enrollment penalty.

Remember too,  there are a lot of changes happening in 2025 in the Medicare Prescription Drug plans (Part D) as ushered in by the Inflation Reduction Act passed this year.

KFF.org - 04/20/2023 - Changes to Medicare Part D in 2024 and 2025 Under the Inflation Reduction Act...

Like:  (from the link) 

How Is the Medicare Part D Benefit Changing in 2025?

Changes in 2025 include a new $2,000 out-of-pocket spending cap, elimination of the coverage gap phase, a higher share of drug costs paid by Part D plans in the catastrophic phase, along with a new manufacturer price discount and reduced liability for Medicare in this phase, and changes to plan costs and the manufacturer price discount in the initial coverage phase.

But premiums for Part D plans are probably gonna be higher because of these changes.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP