Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Closing psychic shops in favor of the veterans

Conversationalist

Closing psychic shops in favor of the veterans

I wrote to some veteran organizations to see if they could buy some psychic shops dand have them turned into veteran run restaurants and trucking companies.  The reason why I did that is because I saw several psychic operations close to schools and in areas where population is high and I feared for the children for if one of them walks into a shop thinking it's a snack shop and discovers it's a psychic shop and ends up being frightened.  Psychic shops should be located way out in the country where they are away from churches and schools so that children would feel safe.  After hearing the Miss Cleo saga on the news back in 2001, I soon realized that after I chose to steer clear of psychic shops, that I made the right choice.  I rather spend my money on groceries.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It's been over a year, and still no luck?

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Leisure-Lifestyle/Closing-psychic-operations-and-replacing-them-with-g...

I understand your concern, but...

Personally, would love to have a psychic shop in my city. Even a palm reader, or tarot reader. I find this to be fascinating. I would give my hard-earned money to have a reading. Maybe as a birthday present from my husband. Unfortunately, there are none where I live. I'd have to go to another state to get a reading. Miss Cleo was fascinating to me, too. She had a knack! She was a natural. Sadly, she has passed away. Plus, I can't imagine a child going into a psychic shop and being frightened, as you put it. Where are their parents? They're left unattended/unsupervised? That should be another concern of yours. It would make more sense if they were teenagers. Teenagers would definitely do something like that, because they are curious. Anyway, when I look around my city, all I see are churches on every corner. Truly, children must think that's all there is in life. Which frightens me! I think variety is the spice of life. As individuals, nobody should not be molded into one mold. Sure, parents/caretakers should inform their children of what is good and what is bad. Just so they don't harm themselves. One day, those children grow up, and sow their oats. This may go against what they are taught in the early years, but I think it's important for them to 'figure it out,' where they'll have their own experiences, and memories. Which I think is great! *shrugs* Just my opinion.

Either way, I do hope it works out for you, as it means that much to you. 😊 

@PatrickR720159 wrote: ‎03-27-2024 01:32 PM

I wrote to some veteran organizations to see if they could buy some psychic shops dand have them turned into veteran run restaurants and trucking companies.  The reason why I did that is because I saw several psychic operations close to schools and in areas where population is high and I feared for the children for if one of them walks into a shop thinking it's a snack shop and discovers it's a psychic shop and ends up being frightened.  Psychic shops should be located way out in the country where they are away from churches and schools so that children would feel safe.  After hearing the Miss Cleo saga on the news back in 2001, I soon realized that after I chose to steer clear of psychic shops, that I made the right choice.  I rather spend my money on groceries.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP