Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Periodic Contributor

Thank you Marcy & Nicole!! Yes I pray alot & I have a counselor also..but neither seems to take away the PAIN! I'm doing my best to do 1 day at a time & closing my eyes & going back to those ( good ol' day's) gone by!! I forgot to mention mom passed in 2022 ..so this is my 1st b day, Christmas ect without her & 1st without Mom & Dad it just sucks! I will continue to pray & remind myself of how blessed I was & be grateful for what I had & still have ! The bad day's are really tough but I'm looking forward to having less ..thanks for being so kind & reaching "back" to me! MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!

Love in big bunches back at ya's,

Shannon (XOXOXO)

Bronze Conversationalist

Shannon I'm so sorry for your loss of your Mom and family members. You are in the right place. This grief forum is focused on loss and grief. And ways to move through it a little bit at a time. The good people here can help you with support, ideas and suggestions that may work for you. You feel the way you do about your birthday. It's good to build on what makes you happy. It's one way of moving out of pain and grief. Persistent pain is something a counselor trained in that area can help you with. You have to find the right counselor. Or a grief counseling led group if you're so inclined. Also there's a thread on this forum about signs from loved ones. Death happens, but concern and love lives on. โค๏ธ You haven't lost them. You'll see them again. For now you still have your birthdays to celebrate. I'm sure your Mom would want you to have that happiness! Take care now. Drop into this forum and each time, you'll feel a little better after. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Shannon @ShannonW14183 . These are milestones that we experience with all of these significant dates during the year - birthdays, holidays, etc. They tend to be emotionally charged times and sometimes the emotions are worse before the actual day. The strategies of praying, talking with a counselor, and taking time out for counting blessings and showing gratitude are all credible. You are moving forward one step at a time and you will find ways to live with the pain.

Hugs.

Marcy

Periodic Contributor

OOPS..spell check! Sry meant to say over sensitive due to losing mom so close to b-day..!?

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments  ๐ŸŽฌ  (Monday 12/18/23 4:47pm ET)

Has anyone watched the movie THE SECRET?  ๐Ÿค”

I just found it on YouTube Movies for FREE and heading to watch it.  ๐Ÿ‘

Watch "The Secret" on YouTube (LINK BELOW).

โ€Œ๐ŸŽฌโ€Œ  (Tuesday 12/19/23 8:05pm ET)

I listened to it LAST NIGHT for bedtime. Listening NOW while I do the CHORES I DO NOT WANT TO DO.  โ€Œ๐Ÿ™„โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ™„โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ™„โ€Œ

*** I am focusing on NOT focusing on what I DO NOT want in my life = brings MORE. We GET what we FOCUS on. Yes, one of the MANY "suggestions" mentioned = going to see IF anything CHANGES for me before trying the other suggestions. Lol, TRYING not to PAY ATTENTION to my Neighbor From Hell.   โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜Žโ€Œ 

So DO NOT want anymore  โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜ญโ€Œ ***

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Yes Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy . I actually flipped this movie on by accident a few nights ago and then just watched it because it was on! ๐Ÿคฃ

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @SpringIsHereSoHappy

So....whatโ€™s ... The Secret?????!!!!!

OK...JK...I KNOW...ya havta watch it to find out....no spoilers!  Hahahaa

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you!

Take care!  โ˜ƒ๏ธ๐ŸŽ‹๐ŸŽ…โ˜ฎ๏ธ~Allen๐ŸŒˆ ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿคถ๐ŸŒฒ ๐ŸŽ

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Sunday 12/17/23)

๐ŸŽ‚  TODAY is my MamaMae's (Grandmother) Birthday!

She died at age 104 in Kingston, Jamaica West Indies - still living in the house she and Grandpops (Grandfather) built when they married.

BOTH gone but NEVER forgotten  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Bronze Conversationalist

May she rest in peace.

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Bronze Conversationalist

This forum has been helpful because the main topic is grief and how to get through it. A focused topic and main stream of thought. It helps one to pause and think. Whereas for instance in a personal discussion, a relative or friend will suggest things which can overwhelm and cause confusion and anxiety. Day at a time, sticking to a routine as much as possible is the best way to get through it, I believe.

Bronze Conversationalist

I want to add that it may be my age 74, that I am slower. My multi-tasking days are over. Grief has no timetable. You just have to keep going the best way you can.

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ,

I just wanted to stop by and say hi. It's been a busy week with chorus performances and now this crazy weather has my head ready to explode. My fingers are crossed that things will calm down sometime tomorrow afternoon so I can get some relief.๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (Saturday 12/16/23)

Gosh Marcy @MarcyW882921 I HOPE Georgia is NICER when you are there! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

My daughter left for Mexico today, back on Tuesday.

I am still in Virginia finishing up the stuff I told you about. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Lol, DREADING returning to Florida  ๐Ÿ˜ญ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ,

You are just all over the place! No more the stay at home lady who goes to bed early and makes weekly WalMart runs.

Travel safely!

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Saturday 12/16/23)

Oh NO Marcy @MarcyW882921 , my bed still calls my name EARLY = OLD LADY/lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚  and I am at Walmart wherever I am!!!

Jokes aside, as MC @mc6844 had "mentioned" - got to take my time with moving 100% back to Florida.

Lol, I guess I am doing REVERSE SNOWBIRD.  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

I am HAPPY to be here NOW while the OTHER old folk are NOT = all up in Florida creating traffic jams. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ,

Yes, the car transports have arrived and the roads, stores, and restaurants are much busier!

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Conversationalist

Just wanted to warn everyone.  I got a call about replacing my husband's Diabetes blood monitor with one that TALKS!! and it is free.  They will simply charge Medicare.  I did not tell the man that my husband was dead but since he was representing "our" insurance company I thought he should know that.  He kept trying to get information from me and I said I was on my way out and hung up the phone.  Now I am getting calls from "them" several times a day.  I have blocked them.  I researched this and found that they are trying to get your Medicare number so that they can send you the monitor and supplies and bill Medicare.  BE AWARE   DO NOT GIVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR MEDICARE TO ANYONE THAT CALLS YOU ON THE PHONE OR CONTACTS YOU ON YOUR COMPUTER.  Since my husband died I have been constantly harassed by these scammers.

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Cadee. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments (Wednesday 12/13/23)

Sometimes WE have "regrets" when we lose someone we CARE about. IF you have any "regrets" - HOW are YOU dealing with them? ๐Ÿค”

(Me) Of late, it seems EVERY DAY I am "feeling" really "guilty" about stuff I did or said. Stuff that was SELFISH and words said in ANGER.

Bronze Conversationalist

Complex feelings of regret could be sorted with a counselor familiar with these situations. Each situation is unique and you deserve to have peace of mind.  Take care Nicole!

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy . Guilt is an issue that I am familiar with. For me, I think it is my way of trying to gain control of something. Apologizing is one way to deal with it whether the person is alive or dead and following up with a request for forgiveness. The tough part is getting to the point where you can forgive yourself.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Conversationalist

Hello to everyone.  Not doing much lately.  Seems as if I caught a "head cold and cough" and it has really put me down.  I had my flu shot, my pneumonia shot and I tested to see if it was COVID (it is not) so I am really wondering what is going around and where I caught it being that I am seldom out among others.  Anyone else dealing with this?

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719 . I'm sorry you are feeling under the weather. Fortunately, I have been fine, but I have a friend who has had similar symptoms. Doctors offices are prime locations for being exposed to germs and I know you have had some medical appointments recently. Take care and I hope you feel better soon!

Marcy

Bronze Conversationalist

The RSV vaccine is available. You should check with your doc first if it's the best thing for you. Hope you feel better!

Bronze Conversationalist

All the ideas I've read on the forum about moving forward sound good. Though I'm not apt to jump into things anymore. I just found out if I have a Medicare plan in an area, then move to a different zip code I'd have to check my plan is accepted in the new area. I've found out that with Medicare there's much you don't know unless you ask. Of course you have to have knowledge and information to know what to ask. Knowledge is power, for sure. It's been almost a year and the grieving keeps popping up. I guess it stands to reason after 50 years of life. It's not only the deceased ones lives we grieve, but that was our lives too, and the missing of the familiar. I think Nicole's idea of getting up, having coffee, and going back for zzzzzz's is the best idea so far  lol.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP