Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Esteemed Social Butterfly

1 comment (Friday 11/17/23)

Lol Allen @Therapist4u you are a Hot Mess!!!  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Tell Denise I said hey.... ๐Ÿ˜

Gold Conversationalist

Denise Agrees:

Oh yes Nicole! Allen IS A Hot Mess! LOL!!Oh yes Nicole! Allen IS A Hot Mess! LOL!!

HAHAHAA ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Conversationalist

Hello to all.  i have been BUSY preparing my home to be sold.  Had to replace my gas meter!!! which meant I had to tear out the hedges around it.  Having a tree trimmed in the front yard, pool repairs,  designed and ordered my husband's grave stone, and arranging to have extra furniture removed.  I discovered that ALL the charities WILL NOT come and pick up the furniture and expect me to deliver it to them.  (That is not happening.)    My rheumatologist sent me 15 pages of paperwork to complete before my appointment.  I called to schedule my cataract/glaucoma surgery sooner as I will be moving out of state soon.  Busy, Busy, Busy  In a way I am thankful that I have so much to do to occupy my mind and to help me not be overwhelmed with sadness through Thanksgiving, my 62nd. anniversary and Christmas.  Wishing good thoughts to everyone and hoping that your holidays are peaceful.  โค๏ธ

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

She must be a very smart girl, and caring like her Mom. You must be very proud of her!

Kudos
Views

2 comments (Tuesday 11/14/23)

Marcy @MarcyW882921 and Cadee @Cadee2719 . 

Flu Shot went well and so did Pnemonia. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Concerned about my COVID this Thursday at CVS Pharmacy as they DO NOT have Moderna, only Pfizer. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I ALWAYS did Moderna.

Did any of you MIX brands and/or got Pfizer? ๐Ÿค”

HATE those needles but like WE always say, got to take care of ourselves. ๐Ÿ‘

Cadee and Jonibee @jonibee , thanks for updates on YOUR medical issues. Now to hope Thursday goes well.๐Ÿ™ So MANY "horror" stories about Pfizer. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Thanks guys....

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

I am not fond of needles either! I actually sought out Pfizer for my vaccine and it was offered at my pharmacy. I have not mixed brands (although I know they say it is fine to do). I had a small amount of arm soreness and that was it. I did all of my normal activities without any problem.

Marcy

Conversationalist

All of my shots plus my booster were Pfizer.  I had no problems with them.    I am still debating about getting the next COVID shot.  Got the flu vaccine and the pneumonia shot and had no problems and I AM OLD!  ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 comment (Tuesday 11/14/23)

Thanks for stopping by Marcy @MarcyW882921 ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Luv you,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

Cadee @Cadee2719 ,

You have to have patience for all that you have been through. I'm glad you are following up with the cemetery regarding the grave stone. This matter is very important to you and is needed for closure and peace of mind.

Finding out about the state rules for selling your house will likely save you time and aggravation in the days ahead. That will be one more thing you can check off the list.

Keep those steps going forward!

Marcyโœ

Conversationalist

Thanks  I make a list each day of all the things that I must accomplish, other wise I know I would forget.  ๐Ÿ˜€  My brother is very concerned about me pacing myself and protecting my health so I make certain to take breaks in between each task.  What all this activity is accomplishing is my mind is occupied with tasks and not sad thoughts.  My son always wanted to move to Idaho to fish and hunt and I tell him that he is coming with me in my heart and mind.  My husband will ALWAYS be a part of my life.  November 25 we would have been married 62 years!

(4 comments)***Friday 11/17/23***

So Marcy @MarcyW882921 you driving? ๐Ÿค” Cadee @Cadee2719 will be putting out her WELCOME MAT out for us! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

***(Monday 11/13/23)***

Thanks Cadee  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™ 

Hey Marcy  , we need to load up when Cadee gets all settled into her NEW DIGS in Idaho. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Luv you BOTH,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

โœ@Cadee2719 wrote:

The door is always open for you guys!  โค๏ธ โœ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ...Wow that's great to have a welcome mat out for us in Idaho! I've never been. How about you? I kind of like driving but I do get tired of sitting for hours on end. Maybe we can find a train.

Marcy

Conversationalist

YOU make me smile each day.  Love you guys.  Had to have my gas meter replaced yesterday. There was a leak so now I have a brand new gas meter!  The people buying my home are going to have EVERYTHING new.  I am contacting a realtor today to get an appraisal and to find out what the state REQUIRES me to have before selling.  In California they have their RULES and they MUST be followed.  I hope that the home I buy is in such good shape as mine is.   I contacted the cemetery yesterday asking what is taking so long to get the proof of the grave stone design.  I want this installed before I leave.  Once my son removes all his "stuff" from my home and garage I can show my home.  One step at a time..........Patience is a virtue.

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee @Cadee2719 ,

You have to have patience for all that you have been through. I'm glad you are following up with the cemetery regarding the grave stone. This matter is very important to you and is needed for closure and peace of mind.

Finding out about the state rules for selling your house will likely save you time and aggravation in the days ahead. That will be one more thing you can check off the list.

Keep those steps going forward!

Marcy

Conversationalist

Marcy, Thank You for your continued support.  

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

Silver Conversationalist

It's not easy to balance a diet for those aging, or just trying for better health. Maybe Medicare can give resources to a nutritionist. For easy meals for those grieving or don't feel like eating much.

1 comment (Sunday 11/12/23)

Thanks for stopping by Marcy @MarcyW882921 ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Hmmm, soon we will have to plan a road trip to visit OUR Cadee @Cadee2719 in Idaho. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Luv you,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

Cadee @Cadee2719,

You made it through a very difficult week and did it in your own way. The feelings won't disappear, but you live on with all of your fond memories.

Now you are expressing excitement about the changes on your horizon. You have put all of the repair work in on your current home so that leaves the packing to do. It's great that your son has sold his home and has a closing on his new home. You made the trip to Idaho and found three potential communities for you and that's terrific. You have a doctor's appointment scheduled in December and soon you will be near your brother in a place where you will feel safe again. 

I am so happy for you and impressed with all that you have accomplished!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Marcyโœ

Conversationalist

The door is always open for you guys!  โค๏ธ

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I received this from the Hospice site that my husband had before he passed and it's worth sharing ..Poetry by someone who had lost a love one....:"Grief is like a river" by Cynthis G Kelly . I found it very meaningful....

"My Grief is like a river....I have to let it flow...But i myself determine..Just where the banks will go..Some days the current takes me..In waves of guilt and pain, But there are always quiet pools..Where I can rest again. I crash on rocks of anger..My faith seems faint indeed, But there are other swimmers..Who know what I need. Are loving hands to hold me..When waters are too swift, And someone kind to listen..When I seem to drift. Grief's river is a process..Of relinquishing the past, By swimming in Hope's channels..I'll reach the shore at last...

Cynthia G. Kelly

Source of poetry: ..Pathways for Grief & Loss..305 Carpenter Road Fort Collins, CO 80525

Happy BELATED Birthday dear sweet and strong Cadee!!! ๐ŸŽ‚

And YES, it is a NEW beginning for YOU = older and WISER. ๐Ÿ‘

Wow, you have been BUSY! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

So I am guessing that the NEXT step is to SELL your house? ๐Ÿค”

SO GOOD hearing from you my friend.... ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

And you stay in my prayers and thoughts for your NEXT doctor's appointment. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ™

SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

Luv you,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœ@Cadee2719 wrote:

Good I guess I fixed whatever the problem was.  I will repeat my post.  Thank You Nicole for your love and care.  The one year anniversary was hard for me.  I am in the process of designing my husband's gravestone.  On that day I went and put flowers on my husband and son's graves, but it was such a lonely feeling.  My son sold his home here and we flew to Idaho where he purchased a beautiful new home.  It closes the end of this month.  I found three communities that I am interested in purchasing my home in.  I saw elderly women walking their dogs, children getting off the school bus and WALKING to their homes (all things that can't be  safely done here).  I am looking forward to the move and know I have A LOT of work ahead of me.  I also got an appointment with the rheumatologist 12/21.  I hope he can solve the problem of the pain in my legs.  My birthday was yesterday and it seems as if I will have a NEW BEGINNING, a rebirth.  I am Thankful.โœ

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee, that is nice!

1 comment (SUNDAY 11/12/23)

Hi Cadee @Cadee2719 , I use an Android to post.

What are YOU using? ๐Ÿค”

Luv you,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœ@Cadee2719 wrote:

I am not sure why what I am posting is not showing.  Something has changed on this site for me and I am not sure what it is.  This is a test post to see if it goes through.โœ

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I am using my computer.  It seemed like I had to sign in again over and over for them to allow me access to post.  It seems to be working now.  It kept saying I was not authenticated??

I AM THINKING OF YOU TODAY! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Daniel @DanielH122653 

Contributor

TThank You

Kudos
Views

2 Comments (Sunday 11/12/23)

I AM THINKING OF YOU TODAY! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Cadee @Cadee2719 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Good I guess I fixed whatever the problem was.  I will repeat my post.  Thank You Nicole for your love and care.  The one year anniversary was hard for me.  I am in the process of designing my husband's gravestone.  On that day I went and put flowers on my husband and son's graves, but it was such a lonely feeling.  My son sold his home here and we flew to Idaho where he purchased a beautiful new home.  It closes the end of this month.  I found three communities that I am interested in purchasing my home in.  I saw elderly women walking their dogs, children getting off the school bus and WALKING to their homes (all things that can't be  safely done here).  I am looking forward to the move and know I have A LOT of work ahead of me.  I also got an appointment with the rheumatologist 12/21.  I hope he can solve the problem of the pain in my legs.  My birthday was yesterday and it seems as if I will have a NEW BEGINNING, a rebirth.  I am Thankful.

Conversationalist

I am not sure why what I am posting is not showing.  Something has changed on this site for me and I am not sure what it is.  This is a test post to see if it goes through.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP