Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

AT&T cell Phone 'Benefit'

Hello,

Today I received an email from AARP about a plan for seniors from AT&T.  Supposedly, I can apply online.  I tried, but no where on the AT&T site did it ask if I was an AARP member.

I tried to apply for a new phone/plan on AT&T online, however I was not provided with a promo code nor did the online process ask if I was an AARP member.
I wish when AARP or AT&T are promoting these benefits that they made it easy peazy for someone to figure out how it works.  I went through the whole process of selecting phone/plan hoping that somewhere in the process I would be presented with an obvious solution.  But nope, more than $85.00 later for one line (and that didn't include the cost of the phone or insurance), I knew this was a stinky offer.   No thanks.  No idea what price was offered to AARP members, as neither AARP disclosed this in their email, nor did AT&T present this.  Terribly disappointed with AARP.
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hello Connie. I am sorry to read about your experience. You can always contact AARP for help if there's an issue with an AARP provider or questions or suggestions for AARP. Please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/) to contact us by phone, chat or text.

•            Description of your issue and/or suggestion

•            Mention that you are requesting an escalation

We look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos

Hi! I'm not Connie. I'm Treathyl.

But my problem is similar. This topic started Sep 2023. It is Feb 2024.

PROBLEM: I have prepaid ATT plan and the site says I qualify for reduced monthly payment because I am AARP member. But every time I try to contact them to get the reduced monthly payment the AT&T site keeps having “technical difficulties”. Can AARP help me with this?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@TreathylF632959 Hi Treathyl, AARP members save $10/mo on AT&T's Unlimited Premium PL Plan. If you have this plan, you can get started with the discount process here: https://www.att.com/aarp The AT&T discount also includes 15% off eligible accessories and up to $45 on activation and upgrade fees.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP