Free Caregiving Webinar: Managing Your Loved One’s Finances - Tuesday at 7p.m. ET  Register Now

Info Seeker

Re: cat names

Message 1 of 71 (316 Views)

Hachi Heart seriously that movie touched my heart. I love that movie.

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Dogs name and why

Message 2 of 71 (951 Views)

How terrific is that!!!  Gotta love our critters.  And what a good daughter you are.  Bet your dad was thrilled. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 3 of 71 (966 Views)

About 6 years ago I got my 1st Jack Russell, named him "Jack".  A year later, I got another Jack Russell, and quess what I named him?  "Russell".  When I go on walks people ask me the names off my dogs, and I say "Jack and Russell"  A lot of times there is a hesitation and then they ask, "Are they Jack Russells?"  Gives me meaning to why I picked those names!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 4 of 71 (974 Views)

Nothing so grand around here!  A cat acquired me when I went camping...he just showed up in the campfire circle and was happy to come home with me.  But for the first three weeks, well, he just kept passing gas whenever I picked him up.  I told him it was rude.  Really rude.  Hence, he became Really Rude Rudy.  He was the love of my life.  It just about broke my heart when I lost him.  Now I have Chip and Flop (their two litter mates--River and Turn--are gone now).  Poker players will appreciate that.  And I have Critter Corey (named after DeMille's character, John Corey) and Sig Handsome, named after Sig Hansen of the F/V Northwestern, the crab vessel.  No rhyme or reason around here.  I've had cats with names like Snout the Rotten, Orion, Bartholomew, Theodore, BennieFLB, Piper, Shadow, Gulliver, Mongo, Lilly--all sorts of names. 

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 71 (1,345 Views)

My first dog, that I owned, was a Westie.  My dad had said that I could not get a dog until he got his Apple computer he wanted (he always knew I was going to get it weather he got his computer or not), but the company I worked for got sold and reorganized and I received a very wonderful pay raise and a payout for staying with the company through the reorganization.  I divided my bonus in three, banked one third, took a vacation with one third and bought my dad his computer.  After vacation I brought home an an adorable fluff ball who was a purebreed but pet quality due to his crooked tail.  The owner was so thrilled to have him go to a loving home.  As a result we named the dog Macintosh and by dad called his computer Mutt.  Our family is Scottish so we named our other dogs: Dundee, Duncan and my next is going to be Edinburgh (or Eddie for short).  My three cats are Ck, Dexter and Haven from the movie with Katherine Hepburn.  All my dogs and cats are rescue and have adapted to their new names without issue.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 71 (1,709 Views)

I named my male Italian Greyhound Banducci because he was such a loverboy and my female Italian Greyhound Ragnar because she clearly believed in raid and conquer as a birthright.

Thinking my next IG will be named McTavish, but we'll just have to wait and see on that.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Conversationalist

Message 7 of 71 (1,812 Views)

Movie character

Conversationalist

Message 8 of 71 (1,972 Views)

Nino named after a movie character

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 71 (2,039 Views)

My dog's name was Charles when we adopted him from the Humane Society. We decided that was too formal a name for a young canine who is an "All American Heinz 57". So he became Charley Barker with tongue-in-cheek reference to saxophinist Charlie Parker. My apolgies Mr Parker I hope you don't mind.

Info Seeker

cat names

Message 10 of 71 (2,566 Views)

I named my boy cat Hachi after the movie Hachi A Dog Story with Richard Gere.  This is a true story and a stature is erected in Hachis name in Japan. My other two cats names are Neko and Yoshi.  They are my furry children and are loved very much