Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Hartford

50% increase in 2 years. Disappointed in AARP. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@topspin43 

Doesnโ€™t sound like the auto and homeowners P&C contributed to this gold rush in 2023 even with some higher premiums in 2023 -

From the link you gave:

• Personal Lines loss and loss adjustment expense ratio of 82.2 compared with 73.4 in 2022, including a 0.8 point change from favorable PYD in 2022 to unfavorable PYD in 2023 and 0.7 points of higher CATs. Underlying loss and loss adjustment expense ratio of 74.1 in 2023 compared with 66.8 in 2022, with the increase largely due to higher severity in auto liability and physical damage, and higher non-CAT homeowners losses, partially offset by double-digit earned pricing increases benefiting both auto and homeowners.

This would probably mean that this has to be made up somewhere - like with the people who own the policies - auto ands/or homeowners

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos

40.33% here! AARP should be ashamed that they are promoting a company that returned 1.9 Billion in 2023 to shareholders and does this to seniors!

Regular Contributor

I'm done with AARP

Esteemed Social Butterfly

(3/8/24) GOOD for you @topspin43 !!!  I have NEVER had Hartford and will NEVER. I am only here to Chat in the AARP Grief & Loss Forum. Hate to see you go...  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** @topspin43 wrote:

I'm done with AARP ***]

0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

(3/8/24) @RichardM476776 , AARP "ashamed" - h.ll NO = Hartford is paying them WELL!!!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** RICHARD @RichardM476776 wrote:

40.33% here! AARP should be ashamed that they are promoting a company that returned 1.9 Billion in 2023 to shareholders and does this to seniors! ***]

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP