Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: What games to you play to keep your brain healthy?

Message 1 of 17

In order, the Jumble, Sudoku, and crossword puzzle found in the Philadelphia Inquirer get my neurons moving just after breakfast. And like Rainman, I have to watch Jeopardy every weekday evening.

Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 2 of 17

I don't get the newspaper every day, but I enjoy doing the Jumble when I do.  Every night before going to bed I play games on my tablet until I'm sleepy.  I play Spades, Hearts, Solitaire, 7 Words and Scrabble against the computer.  I occasionally play Backgammon and Word Search on it, too.  I also bring my tablet to the doctor's office and other appointments to entertain myself while waiting.  I have these games on my smart phone, too, and I play them in restaurants and such while waiting for my friends to join me.  I'm heavily into genealogy research, too.  I research almost daily, and it keeps my mind ticking while searching for those elusive new clues!  : )

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 17

I enjoy crossword puzzles as well as online solitaire. I too watch and play along with Jeopardy. Locally in the Washington DC TV viewing area, we have a high school quiz show, "It's Academic" on Saturday mornings which covers literature, history, art, mathematics and sciences. 

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 17

I solve the Jumble and Cryptoquote daily.  Occasionally, I do the crossword puzzle.  And, I play both Solitaire and Mahjong online.  I play Trivia Crack on my phone.  Occasionally, I play HQ Trivia, but there's too much hipster clowning around, and they're not truthful about the questions being "progressively" harder.  There's three simple questions, then one bizzare question that about half the players get wrong . . . and get eliminated, then there are eight questions of varying difficulty, but by then you're just a spectator.  I also play along while watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune!

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 17

- Suduku - keeps me going .

Super Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 17

I do Sudoku puzzles daily.  After all, it is the puzzle sensation that's sweeping the nation!

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 17

I also do crosswords.  The harder they are, the better I like them!  I also am a voracious reader.

I also like Bejeweled Butterflies and Mine.  I play Free Cell too.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 8 of 17

I do online games.  I also love word search, Finding words on my game site.  They give you clues and you put the letters where they belong.  I play Bingo also.  I read magazines and lots of emails.  I do feel like the email keeps my mind going

Conversationalist

Message 9 of 17

To AARP Teri -

Can you please either add a version of the UFOV games you mention to your website,

with a link to adding more for payment since there don't seem to be any free ones?

Or, can you help AARP members get Double Decision from Posit Science at a reduced Senior Rate...?

If any AARP members also have this year's JacquieLawson.com ALPINE Advent Calendar,

the Bear Run works effectively as a UFOV!

Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 17

I like crossword puzzles & other word puzzles.  Sometimes I do Sudoku, but I'm more into words than numbers.  And I read a lot.  Books, magazines, whatever, to keep the mind engaged.