Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2023

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards Holiday Savings & Budget Contest 2023

Share how you use the Rewards Catalog to support your holiday giving and budgeting for a chance to win one of eight (8) $50 gift cards.  

Examples from last year's winners posts:

"One of the most meaningful aspects of the holidays to me is the time I get to spend with others.  Using the AARP Rewards, I am looking forward to meals out at a favorite restaurant with family and/or friends where I will get to spend some quality one-on-one time with them while enjoying a meal thanks to AARP!"  

"This is my first year as an AARP Member.  I love learning through the different activities, to save up Reward Points, which helps me to purchase our favorite restaurant gift cards, for fast food, or dining out for special events, or for grocery shopping.  I love to give these gifts cards to my adult daughter, to enjoy for an easy dinner out where she doesn't have to cook after working her daily shift.  It shows my appreciation, and it is a big savings on items we would most likely purchase anyway."

Runs from 10/18 - 12/12/23. Click here for rules

AARPTeri
Contributor

I like the digital format of gift cards because I can use them online. I like getting ones that I can use anywhere and then I can pick where I use them.

Trusted Contributor

I like the digital format, I can print, load to my phone or easily share via email. I find sometimes when we have not been getting out enough, having a card for someplace we have not tried, is an incentive.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

I use the gift cards for various things, like; kids clothes, and quick meals (Jersey Subs). Home Depot and Lowes are great for the men in my family. Special treats from World Market! Amazon gift cards are especially appreciated. Thanks for all the wonderful ways to save!

Contributor

I use our gift cards for date night with my amazing partner ♥️❤️

Contributor

Last year my niece had just bought her first home, a condo, so I sent her a years subscription to DIY magazine and a Home Depot gift card using my AARP points. Then I  watched as she updated and decorated the condo to truly make it hers. Seeing how I cared made us closer. 

Contributor

My son in law loves Jersey Mike’s so I was able to buy gift cards from ARRP for a Christmas present!

I have been a member for some time now and I have not used any rewards points as of yet. I am not certain if I am fully knowledgeable about how to use them. I will do more research so that I am benefitting from being an AARP member.

Contributor

My family means the world to me and being able to give them the gift cards makes my heart so much lighter and filled with love and happiness and it’s because AARP helps to allow us to afford more gift cards for my family and makes my money stretch farther and allows me chances to win gift cards. I also love the discounts we get and the articles, games and puzzles! Happy Holidays Everyone!🎄

Contributor

I haven't used my points yet and I've been a member for a few years now. It would be nice to win a gift card for some different foods for the holidays. I keep reading anything and everything especially all the questions. Thank y'all and GOD BLESS 

Regular Contributor

Using AARP Rewards Catalog along with Black Friday sales can really help you save this holiday season. This is how my wife and I utilize AARP Rewards to save on holiday shopping and budgeting. We try to pair up sales, our gift cards from AARP and Near You Deals to maximize our savings and have fun with AARP while saving. For example, we had 2 $10 Adidas gift cards from the rewards catalog from February which we spent 19.000 points each, to obtain the gift card. We then waited until the Black Friday Sale went live and purchased a pair of Adidas shoes regularly priced at $70, but on sale for $21 and free shipping. We try to pair up sales, our gift cards from AARP and Near You Deals to maximize our savings and have fun with AARP while saving. Unfortunately, there were no offers for Adidas in the Near You Deals, (but there was Puma).

Contributor

This is my first year as an AARP member. I use the discounts for eating out , gift cards , gas discounts , playing games , and entering drawings. My family and I would benefit from the Rewards Catalog by sharing for the upcoming holidays. This is the first holiday without my dad and so I have no clue on how to exactly celebrate it anymore. 

Contributor

I would love to share with my family to bring a happy holiday 

Contributor

I would buy food and donate to the local food banks for citizens who live in food deserts. 

Periodic Contributor

I am planning a trip to California since I have family there for the holidays. I plan to use gift cards which are God send to purchase gifts for the family. also when in California I plan to use aarp rewards near me discounts to enjoy some local favorites like chuck e cheese for my kids. also save on gas along the way with pilot station etc. again thanks AARP gift cards and near me discounts.

Trusted Contributor

Heads up on near me discounts—even though a merchant is listed, you should call them to verify they are in fact accepting the coupons BEFORE you spend your points and print the coupon!  Many times I have found a merchant and printed the coupon only to discover they are not taking their own offer.  Then you call AARP who might refund your points but you still don’t have a coupon to use!  Enjoy your visit!

Contributor

I really enjoy and learn a lot doing the quizzes and watching the videos to earn more points.   It is such a treat to win gift cards.  I look forward to entering all the competitions and keeping my fingers crossed that I win a prize.  It's a good feeling to use the gift cards and feel that I am saving money.  I feel happy to have joined AARP and get all the wonderful benefits that AARP offers.

Contributor

AARP rewards are a way for me to help others, whether it be a gift card, magazine or something else. Passing these little things along make big changes in the lives of others. Thanks to AARP, I can do just that! 

Periodic Contributor

We just got off from a Princess Cruise after saving 10% of the whole Cruise plus all the excursions. The total savings were approx $1000 as we paid by AARP gift cards.

This holiday season, we plan to give AARP gift cards to everyone on our list plus pay by gift cards for all the groceries and other shopping too. Thank you AARP for these awesome deals and ideas. 

Periodic Contributor

This my first year as AARP member.  I've been earning Rewards for about 8 months now. The quizzes, video, instructional articles and games are great.  I'm kind of hooked on scoring rewards, but no luck so far winning anything.  I'm wondering what the odds are of winning.  I'd buy a discounted gift card if find one for a product I think I or my friends and family can use.

Contributor

Enjoy taking the quizzes & viewing videos. Thank you for the captioning. Like entering sweepstakes but no wins nor instant wins. Use gift cards for food to extend our budget or help others as well.

Contributor

I buy discounted gift cards from AARP to give as gifts.

Contributor

I really enjoy the AARP rewards --I like taking all the quizzes and watching the videos there is a  lot of information in the videos and quizzes. I am excited about the holidays love spending time with the family and friends.

I enjoy watching the videos, taking the quizzes and playing the games to earn points. I use the points to buy discounted gift cards to use a gifts and to enter sweepstakes. It’s like free money 

Contributor

I find the learning topics in the AARP Rewards earning program interesting enough that I would likely go through many of them without being rewarded.  The rewards can come in handy by trading them in for some reasonably valuable things like money off on dining or travel.  The AARP card by itself has managed to save me coin at lots of places.  My son has a suspicion that I purchased him on sale and used a coupon as a baby.  My wife has known this for a while.  When I turned 50, I made sure she got an AARP card as well.  She won't tell our boy his suspicion is true.

Contributor

I have been using AARP Rewards for many years. I enjoy the learning videos, quizzes and the chance to win gift cards. I have won gift cards periodically. Thank you for this opportunity to win.

Periodic Contributor

I look to see what stores have discounts for AARP members and shop at those for extra savings 🙂

Periodic Contributor

I have been using AARP Rewards for many years. I enjoy the quizzes and the chance to win gift cards, have not won any yet but keep trying. I also enjoy the various word style games.

Contributor

Browsing through the rewards cards helps me pick the perfect gifts that I might not have thought of otherwise, especially for family members who live in other states. There are so many options!

I love how I can get on and learn things and get points for learning. Then I enjoy turning those points into rewards where I can either try to win a gift card to help me save money later when i teally need it or get a gift card for a meal later where I can save this way and maybe splurge a little on the meal and take a sister out to eat also. No matter what I know im saving and enjoy learning.

Periodic Contributor

I have been using AARP Rewards for many years. I enjoy the quizzes and the chance to win gift cards, have not won any yet but keep trying. I also enjoy the various word style games.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP