Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Periodic Contributor

Redeeming Points for Sweepstakes

Is it worth redeeming points for a chance to win a sweepstakes gift card? I redeem about 7,000 points (in total) each day for a chance to win but not sure if it is worth it. I am just wondering if I should just keep earning points and redeem them for the random $5.00 gift cards they have instead.  What do you all think? Think it's worth it?

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I don't think it's really worth it, since most sweepstakes only have 5 or 10 gift cards available and there are probably hundreds (maybe even thousands?) of people entering them. I try to use my points for the points-only gift cards (the $5 or $10 ones), but alot of the ones I want sell out before I can get them, so I usually earn more points in a month than I can use on those gift cards. And I might as well use those extra points on Instant Wins and Sweepstakes, even though I never win those. With the sweepstakes, I usually just pick one a month and enter the max per day, but I've been doing that for over 3 years and have never won. So even though I don't think it's worth it, I figure I might as well use my points on that instead of just earning points and not doing anything with them.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

We created AARP Rewards to inspire you to learn, prepare and get ahead of whatever life has ahead. From health and fitness to retirement and money management, we're here to make your next steps easy, rewarding, and fun. Trade in your points for sweepstakes entries, local deals, discounted gift cards, charitable donations and once-in-a-lifetime adventures. Plus, AARP membership unlocks members-only rewards.  The AARP Rewards catalog is dynamic and subject to change. Check back periodically as new inventory is added for a variety of brands. - Daniela R. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP