Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Can’t Purchase Any Giftcards

Went To Purchase Giftcard And I keep getting an error message when In fact I have the funds plus more in my account .. I have cleaned my cookies and also switched to the browser customer support says aarp is compatible with and it’s still not working .. I see similar issues being posted which lets me know it’s a deeper issue I Hope maintenance on wenesday Fixes this !!

Periodic Contributor

Still broken 8/11/2024

Something went wrong with your transaction. Please try again or contact AARP Rewards Support 

Regular Contributor

Shelli,

I am not affiliated with AARP, but I had the same problem.  I tried 4 different credit cards and none worked.  Finally, a brand new Costco CITI VISA card worked!  You may already know this but the NAME and ADDY for your credit card must EXACTLY MATCH the NAME and ADDY that AARP has for your account (logon to AARP, select your name in the upper right corner, then select ACCOUNT to see how your NAME and ADDY appear).  Then, do the same for the credit card you wish to use.  I hope this helps!  

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I've been trying to buy cruise cards myself for the last 2 days and I opened a ticket too and will be probably 5 days. I hope they get if fixed before I have to pay off my cruise at the end of the month!!! Very unacceptable. 

Regular Contributor

I am not affiliated with AARP, but I had the same problem.  I tried 4 different credit cards and none worked.  Finally, a brand new Costco CITI VISA card worked!  You may already know this but the NAME and ADDY for your credit card must EXACTLY MATCH the NAME and ADDY that AARP has for your account (logon to AARP, select your name in the upper right corner, then select ACCOUNT to see how your NAME and ADDY appear).  Then, do the same for the credit card you wish to use.  I hope this helps!  

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues purchasing gift cards through AARP Rewards, @ShelliM540884. Please send me a private message with your name and email address or use the "CHAT" feature to take a look into this. Thank you! - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have used chat, and called. Supposedly issue was escalated and I was supposed to hear something a week ago. Still haven't so called again today.. still having same issue... noone will email me or call me to fix it. I have spoke to yall at least 6 times now about this same issue

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @ShelliM540884, I'm sorry to hear you haven't received an update about your gift cards. I've sent you a private message to take a look into this. Thank you. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I guess it's time for me to report to BBB as well

0 Kudos
Contributor

Am having the same problem, customer service tells me it takes 3 business days for a reply.

Periodic Contributor

I still haven't heard back from them.. it's been 10 business days

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @ShelliM540884, please check my previous reply. Thank you. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hello Arlene, I see our team is currently working on your case and will reach out as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. - Daniela R. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Today the site is freezing and no it's not on my end...

Thank you

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge

You are welcome, Arlene. - Daniela R. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Website to file a complaint to Better Business Bureau against AARP:

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/0241-2126

Periodic Contributor

I plan on reporting them today and cancelling our memberships

Community Concierge

Hi @JeffreyW68256, I've taken a look into this and I see you called yesterday, May 2nd, and the issue with your purchases was escalated. Please allow 3-5 business days for a resolution. Thanks. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Its been 5 business days since I opened the ticket, but I guess they don't count the opening day, but still no one has reached out. I would very much appreciate someone to help with this 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JeffreyW68256, the case was created Thursday, May 2nd. The 5th business day will be tomorrow, Thursday, May 9th. Please let us know if you don't hear from our team tomorrow by the end of the day. - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Having the same problem very frustrating as that was the sole reason I signed up. When do you plan to fix this issue @AARPConsumerCare 

Periodic Contributor

Having the same issue and the same reason I signed up. Glad to see I am not alone. They most definitely need to get this problem fixed ASAP.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I only signed up for the gift cards as well and Im having the same issue. The charge is still pending on my account so Im hoping the transaction falls off later. If I don't get the cards, I just want my membership fees back. My cruise is THIS week. I hope we get it figured out!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi, here to help! Please click this link https://m.me/aarp to reach out in a private message with your membership # and full mailing address and I'll be happy to look into your Rewards account. -Carla S.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've done everything they suggested. They did reach out to me, and I did what they said there also.
My CC matches identically, and I still get the error.
Time is money, and I've wasted a lot of time - I'm just going to Carnival and paying the full price. I won't be renewing my membership tho. It's been a PITA.

Community Concierge

@TracyM848275  We hope you'll reconsider. I have escalated your issue and a member of the Rewards team will reach out to you in 3-5 business days by email. In the meantime, maybe try to turn off your AdBlocker. Thanks so much!  Jodee R. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I had the same issues.  What finally worked for me was a 4th (brand new) credit card, and I did it very early in the morning.  The number of people this happens to is incredible.  It has been going on FOR A VERY LONG TIME (year(s)).  If it works, please put the word out!

Contributor

I am having the exact same issue.  I called almost two weeks ago, and I’ve heard nothing back.  I intend to cancel and simply pay full price.  This is aweful!! 

Community Concierge

I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard back from our team about your issue, @JeniseG596947. Please send me a private message with your name and email address to take a look into this, or please use the "CHAT" feature located at the bottom of the page. Thank you! - Diana G.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @DaphneB243924, here to help! What error are you getting? Also, which gift card are you trying to purchase? - Diana G.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP