Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต Things That Are FREE for Seniors!

Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต Things That Are FREE for Seniors!

Please ADD to this list!

1. Entry to National Parks .

2. Dental Care.

3. Education and Classes.

4. Tax Preparation.

5. Books and Movies.

6. Coffee.

Thanks,

Nicole ๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต (Retirement Forum)

1 comment (9/6/23) I found the article you mentioned @khargray , Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Birthday Freebies You Can Get When You Turn 50 and Older (AARP ARTICLE)

By Sheryl Jean, AARP. Published July 14, 2023.

Score a free lunch โ€” plus magazine subscriptions, medications and more.

https://www.aarp.org/home-family/your-home/info-2023/birthday-freebies.html

Honored Social Butterfly

@SummerIsTooHOT wrote:

(9/6/23) I found the article you mentioned @khargray , Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Birthday Freebies You Can Get When You Turn 50 and Older (AARP ARTICLE)

By Sheryl Jean, AARP. Published July 14, 2023.

Score a free lunch โ€” plus magazine subscriptions, medications and more.

https://www.aarp.org/home-family/your-home/info-2023/birthday-freebies.html

For most of those freebies, you don't have to be 50 or over. Most restaurant chains that have a loyalty program also do something for your birthday, That AARP article, as is most AARP articles, was poorly researched and lacked useful information particular to SENIORS.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SummerIsTooHOT wrote:

Please ADD to this list!

1. Entry to National Parks .

2. Dental Care.

3. Education and Classes.

4. Tax Preparation.

5. Books and Movies.

6. Coffee.

Thanks,

Nicole ๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต (Retirement Forum)

Where did you get that list?

Most of those things ARE NOT FREE just because you are a senior.

Please post where you got this information.

Contributor

I did not post the info but my taxes are prepared for free.

"The IRS's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs offer free basic tax return preparation"

Honored Social Butterfly

@khargray wrote:

I did not post the info but my taxes are prepared for free.

"The IRS's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs offer free basic tax return preparation"

VITA assistance isn't only based on being a Senior. There are low income guidelines that must also be met.... so my questioning of the original poster's list of "free" services and goods still stands.

Contributor

If you search the AARP website, there is an article that was posted earlier this year entitled "freebies you can get when you turn 50 and older" .  (published July 2023). 

Honored Social Butterfly

@khargray wrote:

If you search the AARP website, there is an article that was posted earlier this year entitled "freebies you can get when you turn 50 and older" .  (published July 2023).

These freebies always have some other requirements such as having an income below a certain level. 

0 Kudos

1 comment (9/6/23) When I had turned 60 five years ago, I looked into returning to College.

Was shy of 1 course to receive my 2-year degree at age 18. No, I was not one of the smart folks. I was born in Jamaica West Indies and we graduate from high school at age 16. My dad was an American working there. We left when I was 16 and ended up in St. Louis, Missouri.

Anyway, was dealing with life and decided to go work as a Flight Attendant as soon as I hit 18.

While I DO NOT regret my decision back in the 70's (yes I am old ๐Ÿ™„), it would be awesome going back.

My "only" child is an Engineer here in Florida. Lol, I kept my foot in her b.tt and made sure she finished. She has NO interest in returning to university to maybe get her Masters and I DO NOT interfere. ๐Ÿ™„

Not sure WHEN I will do this but hey, we read about old folks finally getting their Phd.

Hmmm,.......

Nicole ๐Ÿ‘ต

Conversationalist

Do it Nicole!  I obtained my MBA when I was 56 years old!  I was working full time, commuting an hour each way to work, raising three children and a husband but found the time to do it.  Was it hard?  Yes, but I loved every moment of it.  The University had a program called Encore which worked with those wishing to attend college and it was very helpful.  Take just one class to dip your toes into the water.  See how you like it.  YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD TO LEARN.  Try it, you might LOVE it.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP