Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต 7 Moves to Make if Youโ€™re Single and Nearing Retirement (AARP Article)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต 7 Moves to Make if Youโ€™re Single and Nearing Retirement (AARP Article)

โ–ถ๏ธโ€ŒTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

Comments welcome!

๐Ÿ—ฃby Patricia Amend, AARP, Updated March 1, 2023.

๐Ÿ‘‰LINK TO AARP ONLINE INFORMATION 

Thank you,

Nicole ๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต (Retirement Forum)

Honored Social Butterfly

As I have stated in other threads regarding finances, I am not in favor of others managing MY money.

Many financial planners are out to increase their income, not yours.

When two financial planners are presented with your situation, they may easily provide opposite opinions as to your future financial plans. One has to be wrong.

One of the recommendations in the article is to consider long term care insurance.

There have been many articles regarding that subject, noting that older people have been abused financially by the companies that offer that product. They raise the premiums until they are unaffordable. If you discontinue paying premiums because of the huge increases, you lose not only your coverage but, many times you lose what you have already paid in premiums.

Even the writer of the AARP article itself is called into question. The person has no education in finance, is a freelance writer that has done everything from being a tour guide to being a laundry room/shower room supervisor.

I think I'll make my own decisions. If I make a mistake, I would have no one to blame but myself.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP