Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Periodic Contributor

carnival gift card not received

I purchased a $500 Carnival gift card on 12/11. Did not receive the email with the gift card info. Called CS on 12/12. Stated they saw where I had placed the order and the cc was charged over 24 hours ago. Stated they would escalate the problem. Also stated that since I placed the order before the office opened, it was probably "pushed to the side"(????!!!) Had an "ombudsman" team member assigned to me (Sam). They gave me a phone # of 877-634-8313 for the escalation team. Tried the # all day long on 12/14 and no one ever answered, the recorded statement stating they would be unable to answer my call. Tried the online cs via text. no help at all. I am out $450 at this point and I feel I have been scammed. 

Periodic Contributor

UPDATE-I FINALLY received my gift card email. Took a week and several phone calls and emails. CS is really no help at all. Very stressful, but at least I have it now.

Regular Contributor

This is awesome news! So glad to hear you received it! I hope to report this same news. Wish me luck ๐Ÿ€ ! Have a wonderful day and week ahead! 
Best!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Oh the stress...but at least we save a few bucks in the end. Hope you get yours soon!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

This seems to be a continuing issue. I was hoping that last time that this happened to me was a fluke. I have been charged 190.00 over 2 days ago and still not even a confirmation email on the Carnival gift cards. 

Regular Contributor

Iโ€™m thinking if I do not hear anything within the next 2 days Iโ€™m going to speak with someone in legal to get advisment .This is happening to many customers and nothing is being done. There is absolutely no excuse for this. I have waited patiently, but seeing all these other members having the same issue is disturbing. Itโ€™s not professional or is it ethical. I will call one more time to see whatโ€™s the status. If told the same thing I will move forward. I donโ€™t have money to toss away and when I joined I thought AARP was a reputable organization. At the least I would expect them to reach out to their customers,, however it seems people are being ignored. Very disappointing.

Regular Contributor

Same here and Iโ€™ve called they told me it has it hasnโ€™t been 24 hrs yet . However , my card has a pending charge of 360.00 

I called my credit card and they confirmed that I have a charge pending tor 360.00 from aarp yet aarp states they donโ€™t have a charge they donโ€™t see it. What is going on? I done some research online and found that this has happened to others that has purchased gift cards from aarp and forewarned. I only done the research after and now I wished Iโ€™d have known. I wouldnโ€™t have purchased through aarp 

sorry itโ€™s happened to you too! If they donโ€™t start fixing this it could be some legal issues. I will not be renewing. I just joined and wow what a way to start. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP