Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

Rewards redemption

New here and totally confused. Where is this” catalogue” being referred to for physical items? What is the instant reward with asterisk ? I have 15,000 points are they actually worth anything? I’m not into cruises or sweepstakes . I just hoped to find somethings we might actually need or use when we buy things. I have many other points based programs and this is the only one I cannot figure out. Is there an actual online “ catalogue “ or not? If so how do I access it? 

Super Contributor

This program is different from other points-based programs I belong to. You get 3 redemptions a month, but you don't know what is going to be offered because new items for points (either physical items or gift cards) show up on a random basis, except for the beginning of the month, when there are a handful of $5 gift cards offered, but you have to do certain activities to unlock these. 
All of these items (both the ones offered at the beginning of the month and the ones offered during the month) have limited quantities (not sure how many are offered because that is not shown) and if you don't get the popular ones right away, they will show up as "sold out" and are no longer available.  Also some of these are "members only" and you have to be an AARP member (in addition to joining the rewards program) to get these.

There are also daily "Instant Wins" and "Sweepstakes" that you can use your points on, but are not guaranteed to get anything.  I have been entering these for over 2 years without a win, but other people are luckier than me and do get these.  The Instant Wins and Sweepstakes don't count towards your 3 redemptions a month.

There are also other items you can use your points on, like e-greeting cards, ebooks, coloring sheets, etc.  I'm not sure if these count towards your 3 redemptions a month, since I have never used my points on these.

Honored Social Butterfly

Hello, @GerrieB441656

If you go here: AARP Rewards>All Rewards>For Points, you will find the AARP Rewards catalog. Not much available to choose from at the moment, but keep earning your daily points anyway, and when something you're interested in comes along you'll have enough points to redeem it. 

For further assistance: AARP Help Center AARP Rewards.

Hope this helps. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP