Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Paramount Plus discount doesn't work for existing account

Periodic Contributor

Paramount Plus discount doesn't work for existing account

I followed the instructions for applying the discount to an existing account: cancel existing account, log out, go to the paramountplus.com/aarp site, verify AARP account.  But at that point, it wanted me to make an entirely new account, and wouldn't accept my existing one.  When I signed in, it just left that process entirely.  This seems to either be a flaw in the process, or they don't really intended to let it work on existing accounts and the benefit page should reflect that.

Conversationalist

10% is not very much discount for the trouble of cancelling etc.A few times I have gotten it for half price with a promotion in an email offer from Paramount.If you have Walmart+ its included free.

During Black Friday this year Walmart offered Walmart+ for half price.$49.99 for the year and it still included Paramount+ and free Walmart delivery,etc..Not dissing AARP but 10% is not worth the effort it takes to get it.

Community Concierge

Hi MemberS2006! We appreciate the feedback you are providing about the Paramount process. -Sue J

Conversationalist

Thanks for the nice reply.Wasn't sure if I should post info that isn't helpful to AARP but everyone needs to save as much as possible with such high prices on everything.I appreciate your comment.

Contributor

It happened to me also, so good to read post

Contributor

The same is true for my account; it will not allow an AARP discount and defaults to the old original price, except now it will not even allow me to cancel the subscription.

Contributor

So, in the end, I could not cancel the subscription at all; Pararamount+ automatically renewed at the total price of $119.  Nice eh?

Community Concierge

Hi mpyoungster. We're sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Paramount+. We are listening and would like the chance to help as soon as possible. Please visit https://help.aarp.org/s/article/contact-aarp to chat, text, or speak with a representative who can get you in touch with our Member Relations team. - Stephen K.

Periodic Contributor

That much I can explain.  When I was trying this, I noticed it says you can only cancel once per some period of time (a month, I think?).  So there's a cooldown period on it.

Community Concierge

@DvandomZ @mpyoungster To take advantage of the AARP discount as an existing Paramount+ subscriber- you’ll first need to cancel your existing subscription, then re-subscribe to Paramount+ by going to paramountplus.com/aarp. Complete info can be found on our help site here:  https://aarp.info/46Ce9J8

0 Kudos

The links provided do not work.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi JeffS488891, here is a link to assist you with your Paramount subscription go to help.paramountplus.com. - Zainab M

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

As noted in the original post, that is what I did.  It would not let me resubscribe using my existing email address after I cancelled, it insisted that account already existed.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP