Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค” 1923-1973 Do You Remember...

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค” 1923-1973 Do You Remember...

๐Ÿ‘Tell us about YOUR "good old days"......

BORN: Age 50 - 1973, Age 60 - 1963, Age 70 - 1953, Age 80 - 1943, Age 90 - 1933, Age 100 - 1923.

Silver Conversationalist

I still use mine

Honored Social Butterfly

What is it? A Medieval Torture Device๐Ÿ’๐Ÿต ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š 

Gold Conversationalist

I got my tie caught in one once.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

1000009148.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Do you remember this kitchen table? 

My folks had one in the 1950's. 

FB_IMG_1687115378301.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

Left one on these (in yellow yellow) in my grandmothers basement in 2005.  Was in fairly pristine condition, though even the consignment shops didn't want it at the time.   

0 Kudos

Reminds me of the formica tabletops at Jackieโ€™s cafe when I was in high school

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1512772987035.jpg

Info Seeker +

WOW,  You just about covered all of my interests, and activities.  Growing up;  on your list.  It covers a typical middle class life experience, growing up in America.  During a certain time period.  

AND THERE IS NO WAY;  I AM OLDER THAN DIRT!!

Iโ€™m ilder than dirt!๐Ÿ˜ณ

Honored Social Butterfly

I did not have one of these games as a kid but they were very popular in the 1950's. 

How about you?

FB_IMG_1685630950191.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

Remember the slide Hockey Games, I had the steel vibrating electric football that didn't work all that well. 

Silver Conversationalist

Oh yes. My brother and I used to play that hockey game all the time.

Bronze Conversationalist

I liked those Hockey games, I had a friend that had one, & there actually was some skill to it.   

I found a Roger Staubach's ABC's Monday Night Football in my parents attic a few years back, it was a table top game that had a lamp underneath that would illuminate the play yardage on the field.    

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1685203923712.jpg

I had an old pair of these roller skates in our garage until we downsized to move into our retirement center. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

I fondly remember these and after skating the tinglely feeling of your feet  and of course that darn skate key that seemed to evade one when you wanted to skate...

Had those, coukdn't use them easily with Keds on. 

Bronze Conversationalist

P7188552s.JPG

Trusted Social Butterfly

Had these two along with suitcase to carry them and the organ music playing at the rink..I enjoyed watching those who could dance on them...Happy Days....

Bronze Conversationalist

They are in a metal suit case (mid 50's), I never could roller skate well, but was good on Ice Skates. 

0 Kudos

Used those at the roller rink! 

Contributor

A first gramaphone (record player) or Victrola.

Honored Social Butterfly

My first outboard motor which was mounted on a flatbottom plywood fishing boat that dad and I use on weekend mornings for fishing. 

s-l400.jpg

FB_IMG_1591976782044.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Lol Dave @DaveMcK , you look so CUTE in that outfit!!!

Are these ORIGINAL pictures? ๐Ÿค”

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Yes that is my dad and I after a morning fishing outing on the lake we had at the family cottage on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) I was born in the 50's and remember trips to Woolworth with my Mamamae (grandma).

We did food and merchandise.

Their "shakes" were DELICIOUS!!!

She purchased her crochet threads from them. A very talented lady who taught me to crochet. She did a dress and to this day I still "marvel" at this.

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Regular Social Butterfly

I loved Woolworth! As a Senior in HS, took bus to work transferring in DT; awaiting transfer bus always had shake there. When I became pregnant, their fish sandwiches and hot sausages were necessities!

I so miss Woolworth but there it is...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I remember Woolworth, but Kresge's (S. S. Kresge) was more common in my area, same dimestore setup as Woolworth, & had a lunch counter too.  Woolworth still thrives in the UK I believe.

Our Dollar stores are now gone in this past wave of inflate, I always liked Dollar Tree, as I knew what my bill would be by the # of items (Less tax of course). 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP