Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ“š Do YOU Have Any FAVORITE Books? What FORMAT?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“š Do YOU Have Any FAVORITE Books? What FORMAT?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

WE would luv to hear from YOU! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ›ถ (Leisure & Lifestyle Forum)

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/23/24)  ๐Ÿ“š  How do you LOCATE the books you read? Some readers choose from the Bestseller List. I do a SEARCH on YouTube to see what Audiobooks the Cozy Mystery Authors have loaded. So grateful!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I just started this Audiobook. Stranger in the Village by Kate Wells.

๐Ÿ“ธ  Info Attached  ๐Ÿ“ธ

20240422_235635.jpg

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/22/24)  ๐Ÿ“š  What are YOU reading?

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š 10 Biggest Takeaways From New Beatles Tell-All Book (AARP Article)

ANY BEATLE FANS OUT THERE?  ๐Ÿค”  I AM NOT!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

The Beatles and Friends Spill the Beans in a New Tell-All Book.

โ€˜All You Need Is Loveโ€™ gives a gossipy inside view of the Fab Fourโ€™s chaotic world.

By Tim Appelo, AARP. Published April 18, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/music/info-2024/all-you-need-is-love-the-beatles-in-their-own-wor...

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/16/24)  @LaDolceVita  ๐Ÿ‘

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   Wish I had an update for you, still reading the Traitor's Wife๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (4/14/24)  ๐Ÿ“š  Who is your FAVORITE author or authors and WHY?

Agatha Christie for me. Always luved mystery and I NEVER get bored with Ms. Marple and Poirot. Wish she had written more...  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Two that come to mind - John Cheever  & Gabriel Garcia Marquez 

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/14/24) @AnnB53123 , I appreciate you stopping by!!! What GENRE do you like? I like "Cozy Mysteries"  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'm reading The Frozen River by Ariel Lawhon and Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/14/24)  ๐Ÿ“š  I just started this book:

The Lady Marjorie Snellthorpe Mystery Collection Books 1-3, Part 1, By Dawn Brookes.

๐Ÿ“ธ  Info Attached  ๐Ÿ“ธ

20240414_064436.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/10/24)  ๐Ÿ“š  Starting this one NOW - Fudge & Felonies by Lisa Siefert!!!

๐Ÿ“ธ  Information Attached  ๐Ÿ“ธ

20240410_201835.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/5/24)  ๐Ÿ“š  Starting this one NOW - Cupcakes & Chaos by Lisa Siefert!!!

๐Ÿ“ธ  Information Attached  ๐Ÿ“ธ

20240405_231534.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments  ๐Ÿ“š First Latina Surgeon General Details Her Story (AARP Article)

HAS ANYONE READ THIS BOOK?  ๐Ÿค”  I HAVE NOT!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

After decades of working in the public eye, Antonia Novello says sheโ€™s not retired but in transition, and she isnโ€™t done yet.

By Jennifer Ortiz, AARP. Published April 02, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/books/info-2024/antonia-novello-md-duty-calls.html

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   Havent read and only 2 reviews so far on Amazon.  Have you read any of Bill Bryson's books?  

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/4/24) Nope but will ADD to my list - thanks @LaDolceVita  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  DISCUSSION: What are your Book Sources?

Since retiring = NO more library trips for me = got LAZY  ๐Ÿ™„  Use to reserve books frequently and grabbed up the NEW books when they arrived.

Since retiring July 2020, it had been Dollar Tree. Then that got old in 2021/2022 with the HOT MESS their once clean/organized BOOK SECTION became. Now in 2024, lol - badically no more Book Section.

THIS YEAR [2024] I did order from Walmart online - my 1st Farmer's Almanac for 2024. Have developed a LUV for the Moon and another project on "hold"  ๐Ÿ™„ But I have promised myself to get back to it SOON.

My other book source has been authors who load their AUDIOBOOKS on to YouTube.

Lol, while I was still working - lived in BARNES & NOBLE and basically signed over my paychecks to them.  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   Since moving I am buying used books on Amazon again.  Driving to the library is harder here, more traffic, curves, unfamiliar territory.  If I ever get free time I will get used to the drive and return to ordering books online guess. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  (3/25/24) @LaDolceVita , I finally got my "lazy" you know what up and "dug" up the two books I had mentioned to you. I bought them at the Dollar Tree.

[1] Bought last year June 22, 2023, stuck on page 23 since then.  ATOMIC HABITS by James Clear. Hardcover $1. ABOUT BOOK: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones.

[2] HAD NOT BEEN BACK TO DOLLAR TREE UNTIL THIS YEAR 2024 - February 21st. This time paid $1.25 as prices are no longer $1. JOY AT WORK by Marie Kobdo & Scott Sonenshein. Hardcover. ABOUT THE BOOK: Stories, studies and strategies to help you eliminate clutter and make space for the work that really matters. I retired July 2020 but always interested in Consulting in a FUN WAY.

Happy Reading!!!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Regular Social Butterfly

I choose Nook books lent from my local library for many reasons but most I am a smoker and don't want to expose anyone to my bad habit via real books. Second, I don't have readily available transportation so haven't been to the library since pre-pandemic.

I apologize to everyone who prefers a paper book; but since pandemic I feel it is safer for most to read ebook. Here's the thing... I don't think Hunter Thompson would have opposed; he was forward thinker and I think he would have appreciated and promoted...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/23/24)   ๐Ÿ“š   @LaDolceVita and OTHER members - what are you "reading" at the moment?  ๐Ÿค”

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I am reading the The Traitor's Wife by Alison Pataki.  She is not a good writer although the subject matter interests me.  It is about Peggy Shippen, the wife of Benedict Arnold.   Anyway it is going very slowly, partly because of chores and partly because it is ho hum.

I am a big fan of historical fiction, it is my comfort zone.  However, if I can get out of my comfort zone especially with good non fiction on other topics I am happy.

For instance I loved Doc Suzy and Empire of the Summer Moon.  Perhaps you can mention books by their title that you really love reading?

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/24/24) @LaDolceVita , good to hear from you!!!

To be honest, I have "slowed" down on my reading and still have 2 books sitting around.

Hoping to get back on track THIS YEAR. ๐Ÿ™„

Sleep has been a challenge of late and any Cozy Mystery Audiobook has helped. Of course I usually fall asleep on them = takes a few nights to complete them.

A creature of habit and OLD ๐Ÿ™„, so TRYING to venture out away from my addiction of Agatha Christie - Poirot and Ms. Marple.

Another addiction has been Sherlock.

Anyway, it does get boring listening to these audiobooks over and over and as you mentioned = I too need to STEP OUT and explore.

HAPPY READING  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   Haha my current read is taking months to finish, so a couple of days are not bad!  What we both may need is to read interesting books out of our comfort zone.   

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/26/24) Lol @LaDolceVita , I can NEVER do thrillers!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Regular Social Butterfly

This is my interest. How do you listen then fall asleep? Then where do you pick up again next night? I'm sorry and apologize if I don't get it but I want to learn... Thank you in advance for any advice!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/25/24) @WebWiseWoman , I am dealing with grief and not sleeping well at night. The Cozy Mystery Audiobooks at the moment are my way to try to get a little sleep in. No method involved. Once I am back on track, I listen to them during the day where I finish them. I restart the audiobook from where I remember I last heard it. It may be a one night listening = up all night, insomnia. Or several nights = fell asleep. Happy reading!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

[*** @WebWiseWoman wrote:

This is my interest. How do you listen then fall asleep? Then where do you pick up again next night? I'm sorry and apologize if I don't get it but I want to learn... Thank you in advance for any advice! ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  (Thursday 3/21/24) WELCOME @LaDolceVita  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

I luv Cozy Mysteries!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  Anita McBride Discusses the Role of First Ladies (AARP Article) 

HAS ANYONE READ THIS BOOK?  ๐Ÿค”  I HAVE NOT!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

How Much Do You Know About U.S. First Ladies?

A new book offers an in-depth look at the women behind our presidents.

By Christina Ianzito, AARP. Published March 18, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/books/info-2024/anita-mcbride-discusses-first-ladies.html

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP