Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Increase Your Score in Mahjongg Solitaire

In Mahjongg Solitaire, it’s important to not just match tiles indiscriminately, as different suits can give you different point values. They are:

• Wan (Tiles with Chinese characters) – 2 points
  • Circle (Tiles with circles) – 4 points
  • Bamboo (Tiles with vertical bamboo pieces, as well as the bird tile) – 6 points
  • Wind (North, South, East, and West) – 8 points
  • Dragon (A tile with a single red, green, or black marking) – 10 points
  • Flower (A tile with a picture of flower and a blue number) – 12 points
  • Season (A tile with a picture of a tree and a red number) – 14 points

m solitaire.png

The score for each match is the suit points multiplied by the number of tiles remaining on the board. That means that finding matches among season, flower, and dragon tiles early on will be a big boon for your score. Additionally, each successive match of the same suit adds a chain multiplier – so the more matches you make of a single suit in a row, the higher your score gets!

I clear the board every time.  What am I missing?

0 Kudos

I hate being timed, just want to clear the board, which I never do. (I'm slow)  For a short while, I received an "Untimed game" which disappeared as suddenly as it appeared.   I do this game for memory enhancement as much as for the fun but I despise the timing.  wish I could get the untimed back.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Knowing the numeric values of the tiles is useless.  So what you are trying to say is that, strategy-wise, waiting for a match is more important than succeeding in clearing the board/ 

It's the chain multiplier for the values of the tiles..that's the key.  Several sequential matches of the same type of tiles yields bigger scores.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP