Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

What do you buy organic?

I usually choose organic vs conventional grow if it's in the "dirty dozen" list ( but I also try to only buy produce in season ), along with most greens.  Also in my frig, organic milk, yogurt and pasture-raised organic soy-free eggs. This list allows my husband and I to have super healthful breakfasts and smoothies ( which I load with greens ).   I think it is worth the price.  Especially since we are mostly vegetarian, so we aren't buying expensive cuts of meat, poultry or pork.  Once in a blue moon a tuna sandwich or wild-caught salmon. Trying to cook whole foods, very rarely processed versions. Our favorite treat is popcorn bought in bulk, cooked in organic virgin coconut oil on the stove top( cheap per serving option.)   We rarely dine out ( a huge cost savings.)    Christine

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhymesometimes and @DeahWA I do not buy it because it is way too expensive for my budget. My daughter does and even now has started to grow her own herbs. Luv what you BOTH said!

Social Butterfly

Angela,  Costco has organic frozen fruits and veggies that are a good price.  If you don't have a membership, you can go with a friend and split the bags because they are pretty big.  Christine

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Rhymesometimes thanks for suggestion 🙂 Lol, I need a chef like @DeahWA = I am way too LAZY to do organic 🤣😂 Deah, let's hire a chef we can share 😉

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Altho I "know" better, I can't claim to be as mindful in my food choices. I do often buy organic fruits and veggies if the price difference isn't too vast. If only I had a personal chef, I'm sure I'd eat much healthier.

I probably shouldn't admit now that I'm about to run out for a burrito. 😉 😂

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@DeahWA Hey a burrito can be healthful: Black or pinto beans, brown rice or cauiflower rice, peppers, onions, cheese,  Then roll up in a whole wheat tortilla.  I know sour cream too.  Avocado would be good, I eat a half of one nearly every day.  ---  Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm just seeing this @Rhymesometimes at 1030 pm and now I'm hungry for a burrito. LOL. I'll be dreaming about Mexican food tonight, or my sweetie, or both. 🤔🌯😍

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@DeahWA Enchiladas and churros.  Yum! Comfort food for sure!  ---  Christine

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP