Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Thinking of you today! 

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) So GOOD to hear from you dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 , Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

Thinking of you today! 

Marcyโ—€๏ธ 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks Nicole. I'ts good to hear from you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Conversationalist

You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I, too, am dealing with a family member (daughter-in-law) who is constantly crying & complaining to me about my son dying and how hard it is on her.  She forgets that it was MY son that died and that his father died a few months later.  She shows no empathy for anyone but herself.  You need to avoid these people and focus on YOUR healing and YOUR becoming stronger.  We are here for you.  This site consists of loving, caring people that know what we are going through and truly do care.  I know that it is a struggle but one that we must fight our way through.  I feel that at the end we will come out stronger than ever.   Be kind to yourself.

Honored Social Butterfly

Thank u @Cadee2719 @The support and prayers mean so much. Iโ€™m sorry for what

youโ€™re going thru as well. Itโ€™s a tricky slope the grieving process. Your DIL should join a group maybe. Itโ€™s too much to put on your plate with all your losses. Prayers to you

๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Bronze Conversationalist

These situations require thoughtful consideration. In an ideal world these family members who have experienced the loss of the same person but in different roles, would be great sources of comfort and support and vise versa. However in less than ideal circumstances, these same people can be toxic and draining. Just like in an airplane, you need to take care of yourself first by putting on your mask before you try to help others. Figure out what you need to take care of yourself and then look at these other folks to see if they fit into that self-care plan.

Bronze Conversationalist

So sorry that your family drama and stress continue to torment you. Dealing with another loss just compounds the situation. Iโ€™m sending prayers that you will find some peace and refuge from the storms!

โ€That which does not kill us makes us stronger.โ€  โ€”Friedrich Nietzsche

Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you @MarcyW882921 The support

and prayers mean everything to me

Anonymous
Not applicable

5 comments (5/18/23) Oh my goodness, OUR @Cadee2719 stopped in to chat with us. HAPPY DANCE!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Lol, you have been on my mind "dear friend" but wanted to give you some space as I am giving OUR Kathy @BeatleloverKT .

Some days and nights, WE all just DO NOT feel like "talking" and will when WE feel up to it.

Okay, some "questions" and as usual NO PRESSURE to answer. ๐Ÿ‘

(1) Have you thought about contacting the LOA (local office of aging) for YOUR area? ๐Ÿค”

They look out for us OLD folks in several ways.

So many SCAMS going on with "repairs" and IF you need assistance with costs, they would know where to go.

(2) Do you have any ideas on what STATE?

Virginia (at least in Roanoke) was CHEAP and OLD people friendly.

Lol, Florida, EXPENSIVE and we won't even mention the ELECTRIC bill from year-round heat!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Luv you my friend,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank You  I will check in with the LOA office.  I have relatives in Idaho and Pennsylvania.  I guess it will be a discussion with my son to see which state he is interested in.   He was the one that said we should relocate.   I feel bad for him as my only remaining son, he feels pressure of being the only child and thinks he is responsible for replacing his brother/father.  I keep telling him that I can do it and he has his own life to live.  He has yet to deal with the deaths of his brother, father and uncle.  It has been 6 1/2 months since I lost my son, husband and brother.  Do you think I am making decisions to relocate too soon?  It is so nice to have a format to ask these questions and to have these conversations.

Bronze Conversationalist

Continue to: encourage your son to be his own person and show him with actions that you are handling things (because you are). Much of the literature says you shouldn't make any major decisions for a year after a loss. Just like the grief process is unique to each person I think the timing for decision-making is different for each person too. Relocating is a big decision and is an additional stressor. I agree with Nicole that when you are ready, making a list of pros and cons is a good idea. Things like climate, moving expenses, car insurance rates, utility rates, homowner's/renter's insurance, housing availability, property taxes, state taxes, health care, support systems, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (5/18/23) And I just thought of this Marcy @MarcyW882921 . Our will and all the other documents that goes with it. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

But as you "reminded" me - 1 step at a time! ๐Ÿ‘

Luv you my friend,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes believe it or not wills drawn up in one state do not necessarily meet the requirements of another state. It is something to be investigated if you move to another state.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

Good to hear from you.  Mothers Day, my son took me to dinner and we had a quiet, peaceful day.  I am like a pogo stick; up and down.  More things are breaking.  Is it Karma?  The city needs to replace the water meter; the pool filter broke, and the air conditioning in the car stopped working!!!  With the way my life is going I just decided there is nothing I can do but take one day at a time,  fix things and move on.  I was always a busy person and I guess my husband is just trying to keep me happy?? by keeping me busy.  ๐Ÿ˜‚  I am and will continue to Take One Step At a Time and do the best I can.  Wishing everyone on this site Happiness & Peace.  I cannot tell you how all of you have helped me through the saddest days of my life.  Nicole I hope all goes well with your new home.   I, too, am thinking about moving out of state.  

Bronze Conversationalist

That's a lot to cope with Cadee. Household things can become exhausting. I've had lots of clearing out to do. But I guess that's how it goes. I go from one thing to another in my day and try not to think too much. Starting a book in the am, just a few paragraphs, a few more later in the day and save the rest for night. Helps me to detach from stresses. You take good care of yourself Cadee. The houses and repairs will be here after us!

Bronze Conversationalist

Wow Cadee you just keep getting hit with things! You're right...all you can do is take one step and one day at a time and keep moving forward. You are definitely being kept busy by someone or something. I hope that you find some peace and happiness soon.

Bronze Conversationalist

I was just thinking of you today. I hope you are busy in a good way as you create you new home!

Marcy

Bronze Conversationalist

I was thinking of everyone on this thread tonight too. For me, lately it's been up and down. I guess it's no smooth ride. It was a lovely Mother's Day with two of our adult children. It was great to see them. Now I feel like I'm almost back at square one with the grieving. I wonder how all of you are doing with all these new adjustments?  How was your Mother's Day? Not all days can be good. For me Easter wasn't good. But apparently I got through it.

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (5/17/23) Dear @mc6844 , all we can do as Marcy @MarcyW882921  "reminded" is 1-step-at-a-time dear friend. YOU have made so much progress, it shows in YOUR posts. ALWAYS asking how WE are and wishing us a good day/night. Always so GOOD to hear from you ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

WE LUV YOU, admire you and here for you....

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ@mc6844 wrote:

I was thinking of everyone on this thread tonight too. For me, lately it's been up and down. I guess it's no smooth ride. It was a lovely Mother's Day with two of our adult children. It was great to see them. Now I feel like I'm almost back at square one with the grieving. I wonder how all of you are doing with all these new adjustments?  How was your Mother's Day? Not all days can be good. For me Easter wasn't good. But apparently I got through it.โ—€๏ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole ! I admire all on the grieving thread too. It takes effort and resilience to keep moving forward. On all our individual paths and callings. I can also see you all growing in your situations. I'm happy for all of you and so nice to see! Take care now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (5/16/23) Dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 , lol, A LOT to do!!! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hope you are well my friend....

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

I was just thinking of you today. I hope you are busy in a good way as you create you new home!

Marcyโ—€๏ธ 

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes a move can be overwhelming. A step at a time and you will get things done.

Doing well...thanks Nicole!

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

15 comments (5/7/23) Thank you ALL for your participation, support and luv!!!! Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm thinking of all the people on this thread and all their sharing and concerns. I want to wish all the Moms a lovely Mothers Day! No matter what kind of day it is, rain or shine, you will get through it. I'm sure your husbands and loved ones think you're the greatest Moms ever! Someday we will be with our loved ones in heaven. Now that's something nice to look forward to the future. At the appropriate time.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

Thanks for your kind thoughts. I agree with everything you said, so ditto for me! Have a lovely Mom's Day everyone

Bronze Conversationalist

I wasn't sure if this was Nicole either. I agree with mc that you will be missed if it is you! Are you finally getting to go to Florida near your daughter? That would mean congratulations are in order! I don't know what part of Florida you might be heading to but I am in the southern part.

Marcy

Bronze Conversationalist

I wasn't sure if that's you Nicole. If so we will miss you. Your kindness and caring and all your good work in this site for the grieving. Thank you Nicole. Many good wishes for your future happiness!

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (5/10/23) Dear @mc6844 , got your PM! I no longer have the time for this site. Thank you SO MUCH for your participation! Take care my friend๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โžก๏ธ@mc6844 wrote:

I wasn't sure if that's you Nicole. If so we will miss you. Your kindness and caring and all your good work in this site for the grieving. Thank you Nicole. Many good wishes for your future happiness!โฌ…๏ธ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole thank you for letting us know you are OK. I'm happy you're doing well and moving forward with your life. Take care!

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (5/10/23) Dear @mc6844 , they say stuff happens for a "reason" - I am still waiting on an AARP Tech number to hopefully get my issue resolved = I get to chat with you!!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Lol, I want to TALK with them to find out WHY I am showing "logged in" when I am "logged out" ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Want to WAIT to "log out"... Wish me luck/lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Your friend ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โžก๏ธ@mc6844 wrote:

Nicole thank you for letting us know you are OK. I'm happy you're doing well and moving forward with your life. Take care!โฌ…๏ธ

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP