Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Sorry to have been so absent of late-we are helping my 93 yr old mother in law with some projects. I honestly think the exhaustion of so much to do each day drowns out the time I spend in my own thoughts, which right now, is a good thing. Thank you for your caring thoughts to and for all of us in this forum. I appreciate this safe place, and you, so very much

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. I don't always get to email. But I wanted to thank you for your kindness and thoughtful greetings. At such an awful time when you have your own concerns. I'm sure heaven will bless you for remembering the widows, widowers, and all grieving.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Dear @mc6844 , you guys are my ONLINE family. I donot know what I would do WITHOUT all of you!!!

Together, WE will all "survive" and figure out our Healing Journey in OUR TIME.

So good hearing from you my friend, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole and for all your caring help.

Conversationalist

Thank You for checking on me.  Easter was hard.  My son and I put flowers on the grave and had a quiet dinner  Then came the one year anniversary of my first born son's death and I continued to remember and grieve.  Then came my husband's birthday and it made me realize that I AM ALONE and now totally responsible for all things.  Being married for 61 years and losing my spouse left a HUGE void in my life.  I am trying to move forward but I feel that the loss of my son, husband and brother within a short period of time makes it impossible to do.  I know life goes on, but I have to discover how "I" fit into this plan.  The book Widow to Widow is helpful but I find that right now it is hard to concentrate on it.  I do appreciate hearing from you and knowing that there are people out there that know what I am going through.  Thank You for your kindness and remembering me.

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee, your multiple losses over a short time period are beyond overwhelming! You are now responsible for all things, but you are not all alone. You said you were with your son putting flowers on the grave so you have a son. You also have us here online. If you like being with people in person, maybe there are bereavement groups in your area where you could find some support.

Being married for 61 years is a long time and this kind of loss definitely leaves a huge void! You have been part of a couple all of that time and now there is a need to discover who you are as an individual. If you are finding it hard to concentrate on a whole book, you could try going to a smaller chunk of information. I like reading a daily affirmation. It's short and it gets my thought process started in a positive direction.

We are experiencing this grief and trying to find our way through and around it in whatever way(s) we can.

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee, 61 yrs is a long time. For me it was almost 50 yrs. Married at 23. But we all managed to get through this crazy life, didn't we? That's hopeful in itself. Being together so long I'm sure your loved one is close. I recently met a friend at an event. We didn't get a chance to talk at length. I wondered who the man in back if her was.  Being very protective guiding her down the receiving line. I knew her husband had recently passed. So I asked a relative next to me, "who is that?" She said, "her husband." I said, "I thought he died?" She said, "he did."  My friend didn't seem aware of it. I always say there's a thin line between life and death. I find comfort and strength in that. While knowing I need to attend to the practical. Time takes time. Take care Cadee.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment)@MarcyW882921 ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks for thinking of me. It has been an incredibly rainy day today and it is challenging for me to be inside all day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(2 comments) ๐Ÿงฒ LAW OF ATTRACTION WHILE GRIEVING: One day at a time. One thought at a time. Last year I lost both my parents within 4 months of each other. As I allowed my thoughts to get away from me, I could see all the negative come crashing around me. I was dropping things, breaking things, everything in my personal life started falling apart. I wound up stranded at an airport 200 miles away from where I needed to be (my father's funeral) but once I took notice and became aware, I stopped and said okay, I know what I need. I need to clear my energy, clear my negative vibes. What always works for me is the ocean. I knew I needed it to help me balance my thoughts and center myself. We cannot control what happens to others around us, but we can control our own thoughts and feelings. The ocean helped me to do that. It's always been my heaven. Of course it doesn't help me from not being sad that they are gone, but it does help me to bring better feeling thoughts which in turn brings better, more positive happy situations into my life. It's okay to feel happy even though you are sad at the situation. Anonymous

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole, thank you for sharing that.

Bronze Conversationalist

I think it was in one of Stephen Covey's books that I read about looking at the word responsible. He broke it down into a person being "response able" and it is what the anonymous person is describing. The human ability to look at and assess situations, thoughts, and feelings and choose how we respond to them.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I am doing as well as can be expected...I'm trying to adjust into living in the "Now time" which has its ups and downs ..getting use to the me in making decisions and little changes that come along when one loses that special person..The holidays are the hardest it's like being in a crowded room and still feeling lonely even though our children are here to celebrate a void that can't be filled is there. Hopefully as time goes on I'll be able to adjust to the now...

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment)๐Ÿ‘ฃ Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must, but take the step. ANONYMOUS

Conversationalist

Baby steps are still steps! Blessings to all on the Holidays this weekend brings to many of different faiths. We are lucky to have loved those we lost, and so grateful to still be here to honor them. Thanks, our Nicole, for your constant care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(Saturday 4/8/23)

WE hope you are okay ๐Ÿค”

@CarolynS674392

Conversationalist

I am fine.  Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment)Dear Carolyn @CarolynS674392 we MISS YOU!!! ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Thank you!  Hey, I just woke up.  I am so glad you send me these messages.๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Myth - There are stages of grief and you go through all of them in a set sequence.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment)Hey Kathy @BeatleloverKT are you okay? You are usually hanging out in the Rock n' Roll Forum. Just realized I have NOT seen you post since yesterday. Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Honored Social Butterfly

I am ok. Iโ€™m away for Easter and have been busy during the day. I sneak in at night if I can.

Lol Thanks for your concern! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment)@MarcyW882921

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Tennis and water aerobics this morning for me. Getting through Email this afternoon and tonight I get my music fix at chorus rehearsal.

I'm glad you had a safe trip to Walmart and hopefully you will have a restful nap!

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment)@CatherineS641676๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

stb, our Nicole. All is pretty good in my world, and I thank you for always caring and checking in on all of us. We appreciate you, no fooling๐Ÿ˜‰.( I couldn't wait for tomorrow to say that). 

Honored Social Butterfly

This is from an article about actress Amanda

Kloots losing her husband Nick Cordero in 2020

to Covid complications. I found it helpful in

explaining my ongoing grief and wanted to

share it here.

โ€When your person dies, a lot of people will

say โ€œDonโ€™t worry, in a year youโ€™re going to

be so much betterโ€ And you are, in a way.

But I wish somebody would say โ€œDonโ€™t 

worry. Grief never ends, and itโ€™s okayโ€ she

said. โ€œIt will always make you cry, because

that person will always hold a special place

in your heart. Itโ€™s not going to go anywhere.

You just learn how to grow around that griefโ€

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you for sharing.

Bronze Conversationalist

I read an article recently about grief that goes hand in hand with this quote. The grief remains constant and we are the ones who grow around it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments)Happy Wednesday! ๐Ÿฅณ

Still in bed and was suppose to take out my trash today to my apartment dumpster. Well that DIDNOT happen. ๐Ÿ™„

Will try again tomorrow = feeling lazy TODAY.

How are you guys TODAY? ๐Ÿค”

Luv you ALL,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP