Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

I know what that's like Nicole. Where I live I have to take the trash to the dumpster too.  I try to do that every couple days. Yesterday I realized I forgot the trash in the trunk of my car for a couple days. Well, it didn't smell too bad. ๐Ÿ˜‚ But it is a pain. 

Bronze Conversationalist

I've been quite busy lately so a lazy day doesn't sound too bad! I hope you got some needed rest and maybe tomorrow you will be up for taking the trash to the dumpster.

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks for all of yours as well ! ๐Ÿ’œ

Silver Conversationalist

CONGRATS ON BECOMING AN โค๏ธ ACE!! โค๏ธ

Good 4 Uโ€ผ๏ธ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Take care โ˜ฎ๏ธ ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ PEACE!

Bronze Conversationalist

I agree. You do very important work here. May It continue and be blessed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(2 comments) 3/26/23 SUNDAY Party Time = so GLAD you stopped by TODAY Kathy @BeatleloverKT ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ Lol, thanks for reposting your poem. I had noticed it was missing.... Not sure what happened to it. ๐Ÿ™„

Bronze Conversationalist

I was wondering what the Ace signifies

Honored Social Butterfly

The poem was replaced with an AARP 

Anonymous
Not applicable

4 comments(3/25/23)  @jonibee ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I came across poetry written by Ralph Waldo Emerson which would bring peace to those that read it ...It is titled " This Is My Wish For You"

"This is my wish for you' Comfort on difficult days; Smiles when sadness intrudes; Rainbows to follow the clouds; Laughter to kiss your lips; Sunsets to warm your heart; Hugs when spirits sag; Beauty for your eyes to see; Friendships to brighten your faith, so that you can believe; Confidence when you doubt; Courage to know yourself; Patience to accept the truth; Love to complete your life" I hope that this will bring peace to you...

Bronze Conversationalist

I love this! Thanks for sharing it.

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ’œ

Trusted Social Butterfly

The Daffodils are getting ready to burst open..Spring despitte the prediction of a sleet rain later today will not be deterred by Winter...A good sign that we can get passed from one season to the next ..nothing stays the same....

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (3/25/23) Catherine

@CatherineS641676 ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Conversationalist

stbโ™ฅ๏ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

Another appointment with the bank today trying to get things settled. I spent time at an outdoor garden afterward and purchased fresh flowers for my dinner table. It is all part of dealing with reality, identifying ways to destress, and finding and appreciating beauty to soothe the soul!

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comments (3/24/23) Catherine @CatherineS641676 ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Conversationalist

What the heck are you doing up at 3 in the AM?? Just kidding-Thanks for thinking of me-whatever time it might beโค๏ธ. I am doing good-same as last time-staying busy is the answer for me right now. Being a slug just makes me think too many sad things, so I try to stay busy and count the many blessings I still have . This village is definitely one of the blessings I am grateful for. Thanks for your thoughts

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (3/24/23) @jonibee ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Yesterday was a productive day in my quest to clean out things no longer needed ..The tv that is no longer used and daughter contributed a lap top along with 2 obsolete cell phones to Dollar for Scholars ..Today will see over 9 boxes going to the Vietnam Vets organization which helps their cause...This job of decluttering can  be so over-whelming and I'm on a time frame. Room and storage must be ready for daughter' belongings by April 23rd.. Some days go slower than others depending on how I feel that particular day. Now yesterday really zapped me with tiredness so I had to give in to my overall feelings and step back from it ..Today because of varied appts. it will be another "no do day" but it also gives me a chance to get invigorated again..This week I have been feeling down again those ambush feelings which I'm trying to deal with accordingly and my daughter suggested getting some outside flower plants for Spring which is what I need  ...Get outside and breathe and a little exercise wont hurt me in the process..Each day is a new day so use it well...

Honored Social Butterfly

Iโ€™m on the โ€œdecluttering journeyโ€ as well as Iโ€™m looking to sell my house and downsize soon. I find it helps to step back as well if Iโ€™m tired. I have also found most things are not hard to part with, only a few. Then I have to decide if itโ€™s worth keeping or if Iโ€™ll use it. I also throw out a few things everyday. Even if itโ€™s just a little bit, at least Iโ€™m getting the task accomplished ๐Ÿ’œ

Bronze Conversationalist

Wow this sounds great! You got a lot done and you are making worthy contributions. Decluttering and going through things can be overwhelming but you are getting it done.

You recognize the tiredness and you are taking the time you need to recover emotionally and physically. I see today not as a "no do day" for you but as a day that you are still taking steps forward by completing your appointments.

It is a new day and you will do whatever feels right to counteract those ambush feelings. Exercise, getting fresh air, getting flowers for outside or inside - the choices are yours!

Marcy

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks! Thinking of you too Nicole!

Marcy

Conversationalist

That is so sweet!!  A happy dance.  I'm overwhelmed.๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Hi Nicole and all.  I have been thinking about you too.  I'm having some confusing feelings and thoughts.  A man I met in the spelling bee is interested in me.  Don't know how I feel.  I have only talked with him on the phone.  I don't want to lead him on if I don't know how I feel.

Bronze Conversationalist

If you are honest with yourself and him you are not leading him on. We all have different thoughts on these issues and only you can decide your path based on how you feel. Be in tune with yourself to sort through the confusion and enjoy the feel good moments.

Marcy

Conversationalist

Thank you, Marcy.  He's a bit unusual, like maybe on the autism spectrum so it's hard to get to know him or really talk.  I don't think it's the right relationship.

Conversationalist

Am I replying correctly?  Should I go to the last page or what?

Honored Social Butterfly

Deleted. Problem with the image

Honored Social Butterfly

I send a text to my sons on his death 

anniversary each year. This is what I 

sent in 2022. This untitled poem brought

me some comfort. She can be substituted 

for he ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ข

40F98DE5-E548-49EB-9594-FF9386A19C93.jpeg

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP