Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

@Anonymous and others, For anyone in need of some meditation and relaxation I saw that there is an AARP online class on Forest bathing Tuesday, June 20th. I know I can use it so I just registered.

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Marcy. What is forest bathing? 

Silver Conversationalist

Basically it is meditation in a forest setting where you get in touch with nature and obtain energy from the forest. The class instructor said it can be done anywhere where there are trees. I think she had a video demonstration that was in Central Park.

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks Marcy. I had a completely different picture. Bath tubs in the forest! I know some people have outside bath enclosures. Recently I saw a hose attached to a bottom outside faucet, the hose snaking up to a shower head hanging above. Of course just cold water. But inventive. Good for beach sand and a cooling ripple of water in the heat. A simple cedar side fence for privacy. What a save on money for an outside shower!

Silver Conversationalist

All very interesting @mc6844! ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 , Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

@Anonymousand others, For anyone in need of some meditation and relaxation I saw that there is an AARP online class on Forest bathing Tuesday, June 20th. I know I can use it so I just registered.โ—€๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Les @LesZ  ๐Ÿค—โ€Œ๐ŸคŽ  Dear Carolyn @CarolynS674392 ๐Ÿค—โ€Œ๐ŸคŽ

WE MISS YOU!

The Grief & Loss Team โ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œ๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

WE hope you will stop by again dear Carol @CarolD435501 ! WE LUV YOU, Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ@CarolD435501 wrote:

It is so hard,,,,,lost my husband of 32 years April 15th 2023....some days I seem to go forward,,,and then I fall back more days then I gained.....How long do I have to feel this,,,,no one knows,,,,but talking the others may help.../.โ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Thursday @MarcyW882921 , @Cadee2719 , @mc6844 , @BeatleloverKT ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thank you.Nicole. I hope you are all doing well too. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning dear @mc6844 , so GOOD hearing from you!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ Luv you my friend, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค”

โ–ถ๏ธ@mc6844 wrote:

Thank you.Nicole. I hope you are all doing well too. โ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Luv you too Nicole. It's kind of hard to follow the threads sometimes. I do like to hear how all of you are doing. But you have all been such a great help and uplifting, while going through your own losses. One foot in front of the other is always something that works.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Party Time!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

OUR @mc6844 stopped by ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Good Morning @MarcyW882921 , @Cadee2719 , @mc6844 , @BeatleloverKT ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Signed up for Medicare at LOA yesterday. Now to find NEW medical folks by September 1st as mine DO NOT accept Medicare. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ Out of food = Walmart today. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Luv you ALL,

Nicole @Anonymous 

good-morning-tail-wagging.gif

๐Ÿ“ธ.gif attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Silver Conversationalist

This is good that you signed up for Medicare. Celebrate...it is a milestone and you have earned it!

I'm sorry about the other two things. Hopefully you made your WalMart run for food today and you can begin your search for some new medical folks. Fortunately you have a little time.

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 ! I ran into "furbaby" Benny ๐Ÿ• with his mom at Walmart. 3 years old and CUTENESS. Luv you ALL, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

This is good that you signed up for Medicare. Celebrate...it is a milestone and you have earned it!

I'm sorry about the other two things. Hopefully you made your WalMart run for food today and you can begin your search for some new medical folks. Fortunately you have a little time.โ—€๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (1) Embrace Doing Less.

Embracing the habit of โ€˜doing lessโ€™ means eliminating unnecessary tasks, focusing on meaningful activities, and being content with a slower, more intentional pace. This approach leads to increased focus, better productivity, and improved mental health.

(2) Practice Tidying As You Go.

You maintain a consistently tidy environment by putting items away immediately after use. This continuous tidying habit eliminates the need for dedicated, lengthy cleaning sessions and keeps your spaces inviting and clutter-free.

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

@Anonymous , I do try to keep things tidy and it does bring me a sense of comfort. I still feel compelled to do lengthy cleaning sessions on a regular basis, but that is just part of me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 , we have to do what feels right for us. ๐Ÿ‘ Lol, I LAZY/lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

My daughter is like you and it is an ALL DAY project. ๐Ÿ™„

Now that I am divorced and live alone, I prefer the "clean" as I go.

Good hearing from you. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Anonymous , I do try to keep things tidy and it does bring me a sense of comfort. I still feel compelled to do lengthy cleaning sessions on a regular basis, but that is just part of me. ๐Ÿ˜‰โ—€๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Party Time!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

OUR Marcy @MarcyW882921 stopped by! ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธRe: ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us ๐Ÿ™‚

by MarcyW882921 in Grief & Loss

โ€Ž06-13-2023 04:14 PM

@Cadee2719 , You obviously have a lot of love to give and in time you will find a place for it to go. Because of our loss, we are forever changed. We are no longer a wife, caretaker, etc. so now we are searching for our new identity and purpose. I think we join many others on this path.โ—€๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Party Time!!! OUR @Cadee2719 just stopped by ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธRe: ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us ๐Ÿ™‚

by Cadee2719 in Grief & Loss

โ€Ž06-13-2023 02:00 PM

I agree. My role for many, many years was "caretaker" to my husband. I did all I could to keep him alive. His doctors would tease me and say they wanted me as their nurse when they became ill. Toward the end of his hospice care, the nurse (the sweetest person ever) said "He is dying. You are still struggling to do everything within your power to keep him alive. He is suffering and you must let him go." Now that he is gone, I no longer feel as if I have a purpose in life. I struggle to find my identity. Last night I read something by Jamie Anderson; "Grief is just love, with no place to go." Thank You for expressing your thoughts and understanding.โ—€๏ธ

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee I'd say you've found a purpose in sharing your experiences here. What you share helps others dealing with the same issues. Most people have no idea how Hospice works, or how to navigate end of life issues. Your knowledge can help many people find ways that work in their situations! Take care.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Party Time!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

OUR Marcy @MarcyW882921 just stopped by. ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

โ–ถ๏ธMarcyW882921 Conversationalist

โ€Ž06-12-2023 03:41 PM

Oh my...you are so spot on with your description. I can truly relate to everything you said!

Thank you!

Marcyโ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (6/12/23) Party Time!!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

OUR @mc6844 just stopped by. ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ(1) mc6844 Conversationalist

โ€Ž06-12-2023 02:16 PM

Good reminders Marcy! Thank yoi

โ–ถ๏ธ(2) mc6844 Conversationalist

โ€Ž06-12-2023 02:37 PM

Your question made me think. When my husband was dying in hospital he kept asking me "how are you doing?" I said "I'm ok." Of course I wasn't but didn't want to add to his grief. But I kept telling myself I was OK cause what else are you gonna do in those circumstances? Falling apart wasn't an option. It would be too much putting all of myself back together. Except we're never the same after these things. It's not only the people we love and care about that we've lost, but that part of our life and our roles in their lives. โ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I agree.  My role for many, many years was "caretaker" to my husband.  I did all I could to keep him alive. His doctors would tease me and say they wanted me as their nurse when they became ill.   Toward the end of his hospice care, the nurse (the sweetest person ever) said "He is dying.  You are still struggling to do everything within your power to keep him alive.  He is suffering and you must let him go."  Now that he is gone, I no longer feel as if I have a purpose in life.  I struggle to find my identity.  Last night I read something by Jamie Anderson;  "Grief is just love, with no place to go."  Thank You for expressing your thoughts and understanding.

Silver Conversationalist

@Cadee2719 , You obviously have a lot of love to give and in time you will find a place for it to go. Because of our loss, we are forever changed. We are no longer a wife, caretaker, etc. so now we are searching for our new identity and purpose. I think we join many others on this path.

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments ๐Ÿ“ฌ(Monday 6/12/23)

Well, took it easy this weekend and had some "rough" moments but LEARNING to let the "moments" come and go! ๐Ÿ‘

Was SO GOOD hearing from EVERYONE...๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

So TONIGHT is Trash Night. ๐Ÿ˜ญ NO mail = NO post office emails since I last checked. Check each week when I make my "dreaded" trip to the dumpster. But I do CHECK "just in case" they missed notifying me. ๐Ÿ™„

Then TOMORROW (Tuesday) is my "mixed emotions" trip to my LOA (local office of aging) to get my MEDICARE set up. Turn 65 THIS September and NOT looking forward to the process. Yes, decisions and changes. My OLD doctor does NOT accept Medicare. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ Same with dentist for my 6-month cleanings. Then the trip DOWNTOWN. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Yes, getting on the highway. I picked a Tuesday and 10am HOPING all the "bumper riders" are somewhere else and NOT on my bumper./lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Then WEDNESDAY, my weekly Walmart "out of food" run. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

***And yes, a night of falling asleep BEFORE my 11pm bedtime = now AWAKE. Oh well...๐Ÿ˜‰***

Luv you ALL,

Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks for sharing Nicole. The moments and time marches on for sure. I hear a lot of hope in your shares and I hope your Medicare years are good to you!

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @mc6844 , so GOOD hearing from you!!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ@mc6844 wrote:

Thanks for sharing Nicole. The moments and time marches on for sure. I hear a lot of hope in your shares and I hope your Medicare years are good to you!โ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (Monday 6/12/23)

Sometimes WE do NOT feel like stopping by to chat.

WE understand! ๐Ÿ‘

But HOPE you will stop by AGAIN to see us. ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

floating-text.gif

๐Ÿ“ธ.gif attached๐Ÿ“ธ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP