Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Carol, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so recent. The people in this group will help you. The group focus on loss is different and specific to need, as opposed to other self-help groups. What you're probably feeling now is a struggle to gain footing in your changing world. It's a process. A feeling of starting all over like the first day in a new class. Or going to camp for the first time as a kid. Everything, however, is temporary in life. Easy to forget when we've lived in places for long lengths of time. Please keep sharing. Expressing your feelings will help you to feel better and move forward a little at a time. Take care!

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband! This is a club none of us wanted to join but here we are members anyway. Unfortunately there is no time line for what you are feeling. Be gentle with yourself. This is definitely more like a marathon journey than a sprint. Praise yourself on the days you are moving forward.  On the days you feel you are falling back, allow yourself to grieve and respond as a human being who lost the love of her life .

We are here for you!

Honored Social Butterfly

@CarolD435501 I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost my husband in 2018 and you are exactly where I was in the beginning. Some days you move forward, some you move back. In the beginning itโ€™s a lot of moving back. Your loss is so current. You must not be hard on yourself. It is a process and everyone goes thru it differently. I have more good days than bad now but every now and then something will trigger an absolute meltdown. Please look on the thread about books. Thereโ€™s a post by me about a book that may help you. And remember we are here for you. We are all in this together so keep posting how youโ€™re doing ๐Ÿ’œ

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Sweet Dreams! ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

tired-dog.gif

๐Ÿ“ธdoggie goodnight .gif attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

Ahhh how sweet is that? He grabbed his blanky and settled in for the night!

May we all find a source of comfort that helps us to feel safe and cozy for a good night's sleep.

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) It's Friday and a day I "try" to stay off the road. Lol, between the folks "rushing" around on payday or heading out of town - me and my Old Lady (2006 Hyundai Elantra) best NOT be out there. Hope EVERYONE is okay, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Doing well and I'm glad you weren't out on the roads on crazy day!

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Well it is that time again - Trash and Mailbox Night! And Walh.ll TOMORROW ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Anyone want go instead of me?/lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

oruchuban-ebichu-taking-out-trash.gif

๐Ÿ“ธTrash .gif๐Ÿ“ธ

Conversationalist

THIS is funny.  YOU are funny.  ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments) What an AWESOME team WE have!!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Bronze Conversationalist

I thought of you last night Nicole as I was picking up my curbside order from Walmart. ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope your holiday goes smoothly!

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Lol, YES - I was NOT at Walmart!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Glad you mentioned "curbside pickup" Marcy @MarcyW882921 . There was this "tiny" furbaby ๐Ÿ• strutting by me at my LAST Walmart trip. She/he had on "clothes" that said "curbside service"....

I chuckled and had hoped I would get a "minute" to doggie chat. Lol, oh NO, kept on moving.

The couple said thank you to my comment about the ADORABLE outfit.

Hmmm, I see a Walmart MASCOT....$$$$ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

I thought of you last night Nicole as I was picking up my curbside order from Walmart. ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope your holiday goes smoothly!

Marcyโ—€๏ธ 

Bronze Conversationalist

I love this!! It made me smile. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) So GOOD hearing from you @mc6844 TODAY!!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous wrote:

So GOOD hearing from you @mc6844 TODAY!!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

I hope everyone on this grief thread has an easy day. Take care!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments) So GOOD to hear from you TODAY Marcy @MarcyW882921 ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks. It's good to know somebody is out there.

Marcy

Bronze Conversationalist

Have a good day Marcy!

Bronze Conversationalist

I agree Marcy! I hope you all are taking good care of yourselves.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments) Just "watched" this YouTube video and it was just what I needed! Maybe it will "touch" someone's INSIDES today. Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

For those waiting for life to happen - YouTube

๐Ÿ‘‰Link to video. ๐Ÿ‘ˆ 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I watched the UTube and it certainly gave me something to think about.  Thank You  I get up and can't wait to come to this site to hear from my friends, Nicole, Mc6844, Marcy, & BeatleloverKT and others.    Nicole, you make me laugh, cry and THINK.   It is nice to have people that you trust to talk to.  Love you all!

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes we are faced with all of those questions aren't we? Who am I? What am I going to do with my life? Are we going to become passive observers or will we "seize the day?"

Bronze Conversationalist

Thinking about new things is hopeful! Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (5/25/23) I am so glad OUR @Cadee2719 stopped in as I had been feeling I too was feeling sorry for myself.

And "mean" humans on this site didnot help this week.

Lol, the side of me I try NOT to show did. Grateful AARP didnot ban me. Now that I told this individual exactly what I felt, hopefully he will stay out of my space. I hate drama.

Anyway guys, made it back in one piece and heading to go hopefully get some zzz's to deal with Walmart tomorrow.

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Perhaps now that you expressed your feelings, it's possible to "Let It Go" as the song says. 

Hoping that you got some sleep and were able to safely make your WalMart run today. Maybe your area is more calm, but Fridays are very bad days around here to go anywhere!

Honored Social Butterfly

Hoping for some peace for you now. We can

all use some peace in our lives! ๐Ÿ’œโ˜ฎ๏ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

Have a good day Beatle!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) ๐Ÿ˜ฑ OUR Marcy @MarcyW882921 is here!!!!

Party Time, WE have missed you....๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole!

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Dear @mc6844 , I think I gave you a "kudo" for EACH of your posts tonight. I will verify when I get back from taking out my trash. ๐Ÿ™„

Figured one "less" thing and checking mailbox.

Party Time, I get to sleep LATER before heading to Walmart in the morning. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Lol, and YES, I am going this time...๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP