Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

You're doing well Cadee! Sad moments come and go, but that too is part of this process. It's good you don't stuff the sadness. Allowing it to pass through you is healthy. I hope you have many more moments of happiness than sadness in your future. Take care.

Bronze Conversationalist

You go Cadee! You are making great progress on your list and sometimes the distractions are good for us. Here's to sun and flowers in the month of May!

Anonymous
Not applicable

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Contributor

I'm not grieving. I'm ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿคข sick and thanks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘ for the concern... Barbara Jean McCormick ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ‘Ž

Bronze Conversationalist

I hope you feel better. Did you get your flu shot? Take care.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Good to hear from you too Nicole and all on this site!

Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Good morning everyone!  Another day, another repair.  Getting my windshield replaced today.  Calling repair people and shopping for appliances has certainly occupied most of my time and MIND.  Nicole, I AM taking one step at a time.  ๐Ÿ˜Š  Best wishes to all of my friends on this site.  I appreciate all of you.

Bronze Conversationalist

Take care Cadee. Sorry you are going through so much.  

Conversationalist

Thank You for thinking of me.

Bronze Conversationalist

I hope the repairs are mostly repaired. Sounds like you've done a good job navigating your way through it all!

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm glad your windshield is being replaced today. That is something important to mark off your list!

I have been looking at appliances online and had selected a few that fit with my budget and had features that I like. Today I went to see them in person to see if I really did like them. I'm so glad I narrowed my scope online before visiting the store because the choices there were too overwhelming!

Conversationalist

Thank You Marcy.  I, too am looking on line for measurements, features and prices.  I am trying to prioritize what I need most:  washer, dryer, oven, stove top?  It is nice out so I will hang my clothes outside for now; I have a microwave so I guess washer is the winner!   

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/27/23) Hi Marcy @MarcyW882921 , do you plan on purchasing online or from a store? Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I will likely make the purchase at a store.

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/27/23) I am so PROUD of you @Cadee2719 !!!! Lol, some days those "steps" come easy, while other days I stand "still" ๐Ÿ™„ Do you know how your windshield got cracked? Will insurance cover this repair? Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ (4/28 @Cadee2719 )

Conversationalist

Good Morning Nicole   The technician said he thinks it was the temperature change from cold to hot (80 degrees).  I said that the car has sat in 115 degrees and never cracked.  He was very sweet and fixed it within 2 hours.  I had to pay the deductible and the insurance will pay the balance. I love and appreciate all the advice I am getting from my friends on this site.  April is almost gone and May should bring flowers, sun and hopefully some happiness.  Nicole, take as good care of yourself as you do for all the people on this site.  โค๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/28/23) Dear @Cadee2719 , you guys here in the AARP Grief & Loss Forum are my ONLINE family - thank you for all of the support! ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ Before I joined our TEAM, I was HURTING so much = not functioning. EVERY DAY, I now see my "steps" INCREASING. We support each other, Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Conversationalist

Ditto what Cadee said๐Ÿ’•

Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I have been busy with all the repairs to be done.  Hot Water heater replaced.  Yahoo   Then I walk past my car to put the garbage out AND my windshield is cracked from one end to the other!  April has been a tough month for me and I guess all these repairs to be done are one way to occupy my mind with other thoughts.  At this point, I have to laugh because I am tired of crying.  Thank You for checking in on me.  Wishing love and Best Wishes to everyone here.  I will just continue to take One Step At a Time.๐Ÿ˜€

Conversationalist

I always say staying busy is my greatest healer, but sheesh-your post made me laugh out loud! I hope the one step and one repair at a time ๐Ÿ˜Š bring a bit of peace. Sending love and healing back your way. 

Conversationalist

Thank You for thinking of me.  

Bronze Conversationalist

Oh no Cadee something else to add to your already full plate! I guess laughing is the best thing to do when things get so ridiculously overwhelming. Hang in there Cadee, prioritize, and definitely take one step at a time.

Conversationalist

I am almost afraid to wake up for fear I will discover something else has broken.  ๐Ÿ˜‚  I guess this is God's way of saying "Life goes on, so get to it."  He is keeping me busy.  Thank You for thinking of me.

Bronze Conversationalist

I was thinking about the saying of having a lot on one's plate. Someone was handing out paper plates the other day near where I live. The rim of the plate was stenciled in delicate swirled designs. In the middle was printed "God loves you." I guess that is a lot on our plates. 

Conversationalist

BEAUTIFUL

Trusted Social Butterfly

I check to see the current posts but don't always respond as I am trying to go forth and have been busy attending to other matters which also affect me...I choose to look on the positive side of life as any negativeness can lead to depression and this I don't want...I know that I can't change the past and only can look to the future without my love of my life ..but feel that we will indeed meet again ..Life goes on and one has to face it in all its phases ...This is Spring a time of rebirth and new growth join in and grasp it dearly...

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (4/23/23) So GOOD hearing from you @mc6844 ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Bronze Conversationalist

Good to hear from you too, Nicole. How are you doing?

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP