Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes Nicole thank you for reminding me that waiting has it's own rewards. Like getting to know all you wonderful people on this forum. Your struggles and courage to overcome, while remembering loved ones with respect is admirable. I think however after a while we all look forward to the new! Take care.

Conversationalist

You will be missed by this girl. Take care, our dear friend. I hope you enjoy Florida-I live in Tallahassee, so this part of Florida is loved by me. Not so crazy about the traffic further south. Let us know how you are from time to time, and again, thanks for all your care and concern for so many of us.

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 comments (5/10/23) Dear Catherine @CatherineS641676 , thanks for your PM! Lol, way too busy for this site but know I will always treasure your awesome participation here. Thank you my friend ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โžก๏ธ@CatherineS641676 wrote:

You will be missed by this girl. Take care, our dear friend. I hope you enjoy Florida-I live in Tallahassee, so this part of Florida is loved by me. Not so crazy about the traffic further south. Let us know how you are from time to time, and again, thanks for all your care and concern for so many of us.โฌ…๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

4 comments (5/10/23) Dear Catherine @CatherineS641676 I just came back from Walmart  and see I received 2 AARP emails telling me you gave me "kudos" - Party Time ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ Thank you ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ Lol, waiting on @AARPJanelleM to hopefully post a number to the AARP Tech person ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„ as I always clear my cache and so on daily. My showing as being logged in (green button) all the time is not good. Issue started when they changed how we sign in. I think last month (senior moment/lol - forgot). Anyway, do not want to sign out again BEFORE I speak to them. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Glad I followed my intuition and learn't to check my profile on my other phone. You can see what the public sees. The button is suppose to be GREY when you logged out. Lol, NOT mine. Got a PM from someone who thought I was still logged in. Anyway....

Your friend ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Just got back from Walmart, myself๐Ÿ˜. Astonishing how much I can spend in a very short amount of time! Stay well, our Nicole. We are all so grateful for you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (5/10/23) Dear Catherine @CatherineS641676 ALL of you have ADDED so much to my 6 months (joined 11/14/22) here in the Grief & Loss Forum. Who knows, we may run into each other in Florida. Lol, Florida Girls!!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ Luv you my friend ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โžก๏ธ@CatherineS641676 wrote:

Just got back from Walmart, myself๐Ÿ˜. Astonishing how much I can spend in a very short amount of time! Stay well, our Nicole. We are all so grateful for you. โฌ…๏ธ

Conversationalist

I would love that-we are going north next, but are always in Lake Worth for Thanksgiving and Christmas. (I do an early Xmas in New York with the boys). You are on the Gulf side?. And, yes, I feel like I found a friend in you, also. We shall see what the future brings, but having a beer or a glass of wine with you would be big fun. Keep in touch-pm is fine, too

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm in Delray Beach. It almost sounds like we could have a FL get together over an adult beverage!

Marcy

Conversationalist

Good Morning to everyone.  Well, I found a washer.  Should be delivered this week.  Water Heater (check), windshield (check), washer (check).  I am working my way through the list.  It is keeping me busy but it distracts me from the sadness.   Hope that everyone is well and that May will be sunny and bright for us all.

Bronze Conversationalist

You're doing well Cadee! Sad moments come and go, but that too is part of this process. It's good you don't stuff the sadness. Allowing it to pass through you is healthy. I hope you have many more moments of happiness than sadness in your future. Take care.

Bronze Conversationalist

You go Cadee! You are making great progress on your list and sometimes the distractions are good for us. Here's to sun and flowers in the month of May!

Anonymous
Not applicable

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Contributor

I'm not grieving. I'm ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿคข sick and thanks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘ for the concern... Barbara Jean McCormick ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ‘Ž

Bronze Conversationalist

I hope you feel better. Did you get your flu shot? Take care.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Good to hear from you too Nicole and all on this site!

Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Good morning everyone!  Another day, another repair.  Getting my windshield replaced today.  Calling repair people and shopping for appliances has certainly occupied most of my time and MIND.  Nicole, I AM taking one step at a time.  ๐Ÿ˜Š  Best wishes to all of my friends on this site.  I appreciate all of you.

Bronze Conversationalist

Take care Cadee. Sorry you are going through so much.  

Conversationalist

Thank You for thinking of me.

Bronze Conversationalist

I hope the repairs are mostly repaired. Sounds like you've done a good job navigating your way through it all!

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm glad your windshield is being replaced today. That is something important to mark off your list!

I have been looking at appliances online and had selected a few that fit with my budget and had features that I like. Today I went to see them in person to see if I really did like them. I'm so glad I narrowed my scope online before visiting the store because the choices there were too overwhelming!

Conversationalist

Thank You Marcy.  I, too am looking on line for measurements, features and prices.  I am trying to prioritize what I need most:  washer, dryer, oven, stove top?  It is nice out so I will hang my clothes outside for now; I have a microwave so I guess washer is the winner!   

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/27/23) Hi Marcy @MarcyW882921 , do you plan on purchasing online or from a store? Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I will likely make the purchase at a store.

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/27/23) I am so PROUD of you @Cadee2719 !!!! Lol, some days those "steps" come easy, while other days I stand "still" ๐Ÿ™„ Do you know how your windshield got cracked? Will insurance cover this repair? Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ (4/28 @Cadee2719 )

Conversationalist

Good Morning Nicole   The technician said he thinks it was the temperature change from cold to hot (80 degrees).  I said that the car has sat in 115 degrees and never cracked.  He was very sweet and fixed it within 2 hours.  I had to pay the deductible and the insurance will pay the balance. I love and appreciate all the advice I am getting from my friends on this site.  April is almost gone and May should bring flowers, sun and hopefully some happiness.  Nicole, take as good care of yourself as you do for all the people on this site.  โค๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/28/23) Dear @Cadee2719 , you guys here in the AARP Grief & Loss Forum are my ONLINE family - thank you for all of the support! ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ Before I joined our TEAM, I was HURTING so much = not functioning. EVERY DAY, I now see my "steps" INCREASING. We support each other, Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Conversationalist

Ditto what Cadee said๐Ÿ’•

Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I have been busy with all the repairs to be done.  Hot Water heater replaced.  Yahoo   Then I walk past my car to put the garbage out AND my windshield is cracked from one end to the other!  April has been a tough month for me and I guess all these repairs to be done are one way to occupy my mind with other thoughts.  At this point, I have to laugh because I am tired of crying.  Thank You for checking in on me.  Wishing love and Best Wishes to everyone here.  I will just continue to take One Step At a Time.๐Ÿ˜€

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP