Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

I always say staying busy is my greatest healer, but sheesh-your post made me laugh out loud! I hope the one step and one repair at a time ๐Ÿ˜Š bring a bit of peace. Sending love and healing back your way. 

Conversationalist

Thank You for thinking of me.  

Bronze Conversationalist

Oh no Cadee something else to add to your already full plate! I guess laughing is the best thing to do when things get so ridiculously overwhelming. Hang in there Cadee, prioritize, and definitely take one step at a time.

Conversationalist

I am almost afraid to wake up for fear I will discover something else has broken.  ๐Ÿ˜‚  I guess this is God's way of saying "Life goes on, so get to it."  He is keeping me busy.  Thank You for thinking of me.

Bronze Conversationalist

I was thinking about the saying of having a lot on one's plate. Someone was handing out paper plates the other day near where I live. The rim of the plate was stenciled in delicate swirled designs. In the middle was printed "God loves you." I guess that is a lot on our plates. 

Conversationalist

BEAUTIFUL

Trusted Social Butterfly

I check to see the current posts but don't always respond as I am trying to go forth and have been busy attending to other matters which also affect me...I choose to look on the positive side of life as any negativeness can lead to depression and this I don't want...I know that I can't change the past and only can look to the future without my love of my life ..but feel that we will indeed meet again ..Life goes on and one has to face it in all its phases ...This is Spring a time of rebirth and new growth join in and grasp it dearly...

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (4/23/23) So GOOD hearing from you @mc6844 ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Bronze Conversationalist

Good to hear from you too, Nicole. How are you doing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/25/23) Hi @mc6844 , thanks for asking! ๐Ÿ™‚ Today is my weekly Walmart run. Looking forward to filling up my "empty" refrigerator and freezer, Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Bronze Conversationalist

You have to be brave going to Walmart. lol 

Well, maybe you don't. However senior citizens may find those very busy places a challenge. However. I'm sure you'll be fine and enjoy your trek! Walmart prices are good too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I so love this forum. I have had a couple of rough days-yesterday was my sissie's birthday and we always celebrated her day and earth day -that was our excuse to have 2 celebrations on the same day. We had so much fun with that. I always hope that she never felt that I let her down in any way, as she was such a champion at having everyone's back. I will always treasure our time together-she was so fun, and funny, and my best friend. I will always miss her. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Catherine, I'm so sorry for your loss. I looked on my sister as best friend too. She passed of ovarian cancer over 10 yrs ago. I remember feeling awful for such a long time. A sibling is someone who has known you since birth. The familiarity is so missed. I'm sure your sister holds much love and devotion in her heart for you always. Take care.

Bronze Conversationalist

My takeaway from your post is that you and sissie had fun and celebrated on her special day and earth day. She celebrated with you and did not feel you let her down in any way. Your treasure of the time you had with your sissie keeps her alive and with you while you are still here on earth.

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/23/23) Dear Catherine @CatherineS641676 , she is looking down at you and smiling. Soon you will see her again my friend, Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Conversationalist

Thanks, Nicole. It really does mean a lot to me that you spend so much time making sure we are all heard and cared about. Jewels in your crown, my friend.

Conversationalist

I have met so many wonderful people on this site and it has helped me a lot.  I read a chapter in Widow to Widow last night and it made me laugh.  She was saying how once her husband died, EVERYTHING in the house broke.  Well that is me.  My dryer, washer, oven and stove top and water heater ALL stopped working.  They were all old and time to be replaced, BUT did they all have to go out at the same time?  I will be very busy now calling repair men and buying new appliances.  Again, I want to thank all of the wonderful, caring people on this site that truly are helping me through this difficult time.

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee,

It's great that you related the book and what was happening in your own life and then laughed about it. Definitely not the way you want things to happen (going all at once), but it will be a distraction for a little while. 

Sorry about the circumstances, but good to hear from you!

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee so sorry to hear. What an ordeal. You will be quite busy. How nice to get new appliances though! Some time ago I got a Home Protection warranty because I saw the way things were going. The monthly payment is reasonable. And helps give peace of mind. I've also figured out creative home repairs lol. Not for House Beautiful magazine but works for me. Take care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

This forum helps in ways that other places don't. I guess because the specific topic of coping with loss is addressed. The good news is also that it is a process. Every day is a new day. And each day is a little different than the previous day. One foot in front of the other. Take care everyone.

Conversationalist

I'm here tonight.  I hope we hear from all the others.

Bronze Conversationalist

I appreciate this good place. And all your efforts Nicole staying in touch with folks. I'm busy with house things etc. that I wasn't able to attend to for years. Whether I get to it on a daily basis isn't important. It keeps me going for now. We have to remember to slow down too. I hope all on this site are well. And remember to stop in, like you said Nicole, and let everyone know how you are. Otherwise, people tend to worry. Also, seeking other sources of support is wise at times like this. Take care everyone.

Conversationalist

Well said, our sister friend!  As my grandson taught me, STB (same thing back!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (4/20/23) So GOOD to hear from you @mc6844 ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Conversationalist

Thanks for all you do, our Nicole. You are our treasure

Bronze Conversationalist

I agree!

Conversationalist

She sure is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) I just received 3 AARP emails telling me you gave me 3 kudos! Thank you for your "kudos" Catherine @CatherineS641676 = WE know you are alive and kicking!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP