Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (3/25/23) Catherine

@CatherineS641676 ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Conversationalist

stbโ™ฅ๏ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

Another appointment with the bank today trying to get things settled. I spent time at an outdoor garden afterward and purchased fresh flowers for my dinner table. It is all part of dealing with reality, identifying ways to destress, and finding and appreciating beauty to soothe the soul!

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comments (3/24/23) Catherine @CatherineS641676 ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Conversationalist

What the heck are you doing up at 3 in the AM?? Just kidding-Thanks for thinking of me-whatever time it might beโค๏ธ. I am doing good-same as last time-staying busy is the answer for me right now. Being a slug just makes me think too many sad things, so I try to stay busy and count the many blessings I still have . This village is definitely one of the blessings I am grateful for. Thanks for your thoughts

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (3/24/23) @jonibee ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Yesterday was a productive day in my quest to clean out things no longer needed ..The tv that is no longer used and daughter contributed a lap top along with 2 obsolete cell phones to Dollar for Scholars ..Today will see over 9 boxes going to the Vietnam Vets organization which helps their cause...This job of decluttering can  be so over-whelming and I'm on a time frame. Room and storage must be ready for daughter' belongings by April 23rd.. Some days go slower than others depending on how I feel that particular day. Now yesterday really zapped me with tiredness so I had to give in to my overall feelings and step back from it ..Today because of varied appts. it will be another "no do day" but it also gives me a chance to get invigorated again..This week I have been feeling down again those ambush feelings which I'm trying to deal with accordingly and my daughter suggested getting some outside flower plants for Spring which is what I need  ...Get outside and breathe and a little exercise wont hurt me in the process..Each day is a new day so use it well...

Honored Social Butterfly

Iโ€™m on the โ€œdecluttering journeyโ€ as well as Iโ€™m looking to sell my house and downsize soon. I find it helps to step back as well if Iโ€™m tired. I have also found most things are not hard to part with, only a few. Then I have to decide if itโ€™s worth keeping or if Iโ€™ll use it. I also throw out a few things everyday. Even if itโ€™s just a little bit, at least Iโ€™m getting the task accomplished ๐Ÿ’œ

Bronze Conversationalist

Wow this sounds great! You got a lot done and you are making worthy contributions. Decluttering and going through things can be overwhelming but you are getting it done.

You recognize the tiredness and you are taking the time you need to recover emotionally and physically. I see today not as a "no do day" for you but as a day that you are still taking steps forward by completing your appointments.

It is a new day and you will do whatever feels right to counteract those ambush feelings. Exercise, getting fresh air, getting flowers for outside or inside - the choices are yours!

Marcy

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks! Thinking of you too Nicole!

Marcy

Conversationalist

That is so sweet!!  A happy dance.  I'm overwhelmed.๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Hi Nicole and all.  I have been thinking about you too.  I'm having some confusing feelings and thoughts.  A man I met in the spelling bee is interested in me.  Don't know how I feel.  I have only talked with him on the phone.  I don't want to lead him on if I don't know how I feel.

Bronze Conversationalist

If you are honest with yourself and him you are not leading him on. We all have different thoughts on these issues and only you can decide your path based on how you feel. Be in tune with yourself to sort through the confusion and enjoy the feel good moments.

Marcy

Conversationalist

Thank you, Marcy.  He's a bit unusual, like maybe on the autism spectrum so it's hard to get to know him or really talk.  I don't think it's the right relationship.

Conversationalist

Am I replying correctly?  Should I go to the last page or what?

Honored Social Butterfly

Deleted. Problem with the image

Honored Social Butterfly

I send a text to my sons on his death 

anniversary each year. This is what I 

sent in 2022. This untitled poem brought

me some comfort. She can be substituted 

for he ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ข

40F98DE5-E548-49EB-9594-FF9386A19C93.jpeg

Bronze Conversationalist

That is a lovely gesture!

Anonymous
Not applicable

5 comments (3/21/23) @jonibee ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Trusted Social Butterfly

Yesterday was one of those ambush days that put me in a down sort of mood..It was because of going to the medical bldg with my daughter who had appts there..It just brought back a flood of memories of my husband trips there...I was able to talk about this afterwards with my daughter ..shed some tears realizing that it is good to talk and cry about circumstances that eventually led to his passing rather to keep these feelings in...It's been over 4 months since he has passed..So there are days and there are those days that bring me to tears..Even though he is gone he's still and will always be with me in my mind and heart with the hopes that we will meet again. He had made a walking cane from a root of a tree and used it for years and received compliments on it...This is something I cherish along with other canes he created from different kinds of wood ..They are rustic and beautiful and I will keep them all putting them into an umbrella stand or fireplace tool holder for display..Other momentoes are a watch (pocket) that I gave him on our 25th Wedding Anniversary along with countless pictures of him with our family. I am a keeper of things and like to sit down once in awhile to take a trip down through memory lane..It's a bittersweet trip as we know we can't stay there and must go forth in the current time..Because he cared about the looks of our yard I make sure it is maintained in the way he liked it..Shrubs trimmed, lawn maintained and plants and flowers blooming in his memory...I haven't dealt with his remains of ashes yet even though I have mini urns and a plan ..I am not quite ready to deal with it at this time but will when better days come and I can face it accordingl He was and still a very important part of my being...

Conversationalist

I truly understand.  Our circumstances are so similar.  My husband passed a little over 4 months ago; my son died on April 11.  I have yet to go through his belongings and don't know when I will be strong enough to do so.  I see his metals from the City of Hope for each time he completed a treatment and I cry.  This site has helped me a lot and Nicole puts a smile on my face each day I get a "Thinking of You" message.  I plan to purchase the books that are recommended about grief and healing.  My son and I went to visit the graves together which was a first for us.  I begin each morning asking that the Lord help me get through this day.  I pray that we will heal.  Being married 61 years created a lot of precious memories that will never be forgotten.  I am thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers.

Honored Social Butterfly

I can understand what you went thru yesterday. To this day, I cannot drive

past where he got Chemo without crying. Countless days spent there for both of us. It was grueling. I love that you are displaying his canes. What a wonderful way to remember him. I gave a mini urn of ashes to all my sons and chose a large one that I liked as I look at it everyday. We also had a ceremony at the shore and sprinkled ashes around his favorite tree, as well as my sons

sprinkling ashes from our boat, which he loved so much. The funeral home should be able to assist you with filling all the urns. You will know when itโ€™s time ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ข

Trusted Social Butterfly

Thank you for your comment it eases the pain to others care ...

Trusted Social Butterfly

":to know that others care:\", instead of to others care....

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (3/21/23) Catherine

@CatherineS641676 ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Conversationalist

stb-we have been so very busy-not sure how we ever had time to work, but cherish each day! I am so grateful for my village here on this site, so "same thing back" to you, Nicole, and thanks for always checking on all of us. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comments (3/21/23) @mc6844 ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Thinking of you too Nicole.  Take care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (3/21/23) @Cadee2719 ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

This weekend my son and I went to visit his father's and his brother's graves.  This was the first visit together.  It was hard.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP