Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

That is a lovely gesture!

Anonymous
Not applicable

5 comments (3/21/23) @jonibee ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Trusted Social Butterfly

Yesterday was one of those ambush days that put me in a down sort of mood..It was because of going to the medical bldg with my daughter who had appts there..It just brought back a flood of memories of my husband trips there...I was able to talk about this afterwards with my daughter ..shed some tears realizing that it is good to talk and cry about circumstances that eventually led to his passing rather to keep these feelings in...It's been over 4 months since he has passed..So there are days and there are those days that bring me to tears..Even though he is gone he's still and will always be with me in my mind and heart with the hopes that we will meet again. He had made a walking cane from a root of a tree and used it for years and received compliments on it...This is something I cherish along with other canes he created from different kinds of wood ..They are rustic and beautiful and I will keep them all putting them into an umbrella stand or fireplace tool holder for display..Other momentoes are a watch (pocket) that I gave him on our 25th Wedding Anniversary along with countless pictures of him with our family. I am a keeper of things and like to sit down once in awhile to take a trip down through memory lane..It's a bittersweet trip as we know we can't stay there and must go forth in the current time..Because he cared about the looks of our yard I make sure it is maintained in the way he liked it..Shrubs trimmed, lawn maintained and plants and flowers blooming in his memory...I haven't dealt with his remains of ashes yet even though I have mini urns and a plan ..I am not quite ready to deal with it at this time but will when better days come and I can face it accordingl He was and still a very important part of my being...

Conversationalist

I truly understand.  Our circumstances are so similar.  My husband passed a little over 4 months ago; my son died on April 11.  I have yet to go through his belongings and don't know when I will be strong enough to do so.  I see his metals from the City of Hope for each time he completed a treatment and I cry.  This site has helped me a lot and Nicole puts a smile on my face each day I get a "Thinking of You" message.  I plan to purchase the books that are recommended about grief and healing.  My son and I went to visit the graves together which was a first for us.  I begin each morning asking that the Lord help me get through this day.  I pray that we will heal.  Being married 61 years created a lot of precious memories that will never be forgotten.  I am thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers.

Honored Social Butterfly

I can understand what you went thru yesterday. To this day, I cannot drive

past where he got Chemo without crying. Countless days spent there for both of us. It was grueling. I love that you are displaying his canes. What a wonderful way to remember him. I gave a mini urn of ashes to all my sons and chose a large one that I liked as I look at it everyday. We also had a ceremony at the shore and sprinkled ashes around his favorite tree, as well as my sons

sprinkling ashes from our boat, which he loved so much. The funeral home should be able to assist you with filling all the urns. You will know when itโ€™s time ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ข

Trusted Social Butterfly

Thank you for your comment it eases the pain to others care ...

Trusted Social Butterfly

":to know that others care:\", instead of to others care....

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (3/21/23) Catherine

@CatherineS641676 ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Conversationalist

stb-we have been so very busy-not sure how we ever had time to work, but cherish each day! I am so grateful for my village here on this site, so "same thing back" to you, Nicole, and thanks for always checking on all of us. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comments (3/21/23) @mc6844 ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Thinking of you too Nicole.  Take care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (3/21/23) @Cadee2719 ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

This weekend my son and I went to visit his father's and his brother's graves.  This was the first visit together.  It was hard.

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Take Care

Bronze Conversationalist

These visits are very difficult. Virtual hugs to you and your son. This is one more hard step you have taken in this journey. I'm glad you were able to go together so you could support one another! 

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/18/23)

๐Ÿˆ  Lol, my "furbaby" friend SWEETIE was just on my porch = stopped by to say "hello" with her poor owner running after her.

I do believe SHE "escaped" (suppose to be an indoor cat) so she could ADD to my Saturday. ALWAYS brings a "smile" to my face.... ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Glad Roz (her human next door), does NOT mind and WE knew exactly where to find Sweetie! She was NOW ready to cut her visit short and return to Roz's HEAT!!! Not a day to be "hanging out"... ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

I luv you ALL so much,

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole you are fortunate to have pets and able to care for them. I'm sure they appreciate your care. And I'm sure the people on this site appreciate your greetings and stopping in to wish good cheer. I suppose when you don't hear from someone its worrisome. I hope everyone on this site is OK. Day at a time. Moment at a time. Take care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/18/23) Dear @mc6844 , YOU are in my thoughts ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. I hope you find a good book this weekend. Reading an interesting story refreshes my mind. It's also great to find a new subject or era to read about. I hope everyone makes it through their day ok. Take care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/18/23) Dear

@Cadee2719 , YOU are in my thoughts ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Each day I wake up and see a message from you and I smile.  Thank You for your kindness and starting my day with a smile.๐Ÿ˜€

Bronze Conversationalist

I find warm sweet tea a soothing start to the day. Small snacks throughout the day is better than nothing. I try to keep up with the basics. Who needs added problems. Good things can still happen. Take care Nicole and all on this site. I hope you all had a nice St. Patrick's Day. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/17/23) Ah those TRIGGERS that come out of nowhere when we least expect them! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Just had one as I was listening to 1971's music on YouTube and a Michael Jackson number (back then I was so in luv with him ๐Ÿ™„, we were the SAME age). While I was home ALONE after school, before my mom arrived ๐Ÿ˜‰ I would play his music "over and over" instead of doing chores and homework. Now I look back with SO MUCH regret for "rebelling" against a woman who was "trying" to raise 3 of us (me eldest, only girl) after my dad died in a car accident when I was 12 on his way home from work. Yes, those regrets AFTER they are gone.... ๐Ÿ˜ญ I luv you ALL, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

These feelings are very common. The question is what can you do now that your loved ones are gone? You can ask them for forgiveness. You can ask whatever bigger power you may believe in for forgiveness. Maybe even more important is you can ask and offer yourself forgiveness.

Be gentle with yourself. 

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/17/23) Dear Marcy

@MarcyW882921 ,

YOU are in my thoughts ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค— 

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank You Nicole! I actually have been quite busy this week. I had been on a couple of wait lists and finally got into a bereavement group. I have things going on with my chorus and a community committee that I am a part of and I have gotten out to do some physical activities. All good things!

I hope you are doing well.

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments(3/17/23) My challenge "right now" is = it is the dreaded weekend AGAIN and wishing I was in Florida with my "only" child. With so many loved ones gone ๐Ÿ˜ญ, I want to spend as much time with my daughter. HOPING next year 2024 will be MY year to move back there. ๐Ÿ™ƒ I luv you ALL so much, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

I hope you can connect with your daughter in some way this weekend - phone, video call, or even Email. Maybe you can connect with a friend too to get you through the weekend! Thinking of you and hoping the weekend turns out to be something more positive than you anticipate! ๐Ÿ™‚

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/17/23) Thanks Marcy @MarcyW882921 , she Video Calls me EVERY Sunday. ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ I luv you SO MUCH, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โžก๏ธ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

I hope you can connect with your daughter in some way this weekend - phone, video call, or even Email. Maybe you can connect with a friend too to get you through the weekend! Thinking of you and hoping the weekend turns out to be something more positive than you anticipate! ๐Ÿ™‚

Marcyโฌ…๏ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

That's great. I keep in touch with my sister that way and it is the next best thing to actually being there in person. Can't get that needed hug, but at least I can see her and talk with her!

Marcy

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP