Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

That's great. I keep in touch with my sister that way and it is the next best thing to actually being there in person. Can't get that needed hug, but at least I can see her and talk with her!

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/17/23) How are you TODAY Allen @Therapist4u ? ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Nicole...like Tony the Tiger...Iโ€™m.....GREAT!!!! LOL!!

like Tony the Tiger...Iโ€™m.....GREAT!!!!like Tony the Tiger...Iโ€™m.....GREAT!!!!

Hope you are too!!

Take care โ˜ฎ๏ธ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/17/23),๐Ÿ•ฏCommit to taking it one step at a time so that you do not try to accomplish too much at once. When you try to take on too much, you place yourself in danger of becoming overwhelmed. Take on less than you think you can handle and only take on more when you are completely ready.

Bronze Conversationalist

Very good suggestions. It's easy to get overwhelmed. As if maybe it would remove the pain. I think the key is to stay busy. Getting some daily tasks done. Which brings a feeling of satisfaction. Then see what I get to tomorrow. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments(3/16/23) How are you TODAY @Cadee2719 ? ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

It put a smile on my face reading your note to me.  ๐Ÿ˜Š  Yesterday I got a call from my friend in Spokane and that lifted my spirits.  Also a counselor from the cemetery sent me a note asking how I am doing.  It means so much to me to have contact with people that care and remember me.  My grandson (the son of my son that died) is coming home from college for Spring Break and I want to be STRONG in his presence.  He, as well as my remaining son have yet to deal with all of the deaths that have happened in our family and I feel bad that I am not strong enough to help them.  I WANT to be strong and move forward.  I am really trying.  Thank You for remembering me.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/16/23) Dear @Cadee2719 , your post "touched" my insides TODAY!!!  Here you are dealing with SO MUCH grief ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ, but you took the time to post this. WE are always here whenever you need us. I luv you SO MUCH, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โžก๏ธ@Cadee2719 wrote:

It put a smile on my face reading your note to me.  ๐Ÿ˜Š  Yesterday I got a call from my friend in Spokane and that lifted my spirits.  Also a counselor from the cemetery sent me a note asking how I am doing.  It means so much to me to have contact with people that care and remember me.  My grandson (the son of my son that died) is coming home from college for Spring Break and I want to be STRONG in his presence.  He, as well as my remaining son have yet to deal with all of the deaths that have happened in our family and I feel bad that I am not strong enough to help them.  I WANT to be strong and move forward.  I am really trying.  Thank You for remembering me.  โฌ…๏ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee I am so sorry for your losses. We can't know the why of things while we're still traveling this earthly path. But I have faith that everyone is safe wherever they are right now. We hear that we have to be strong. We hear that a lot. The people who love and care about us don't care if we're  strong. Sometimes we just can't. I just learned I can't walk on eggshells anymore. I feel a little lighter. I guess that's what growth is in this life we're in. Take care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/16/23) How are you TODAY @mc6844 ? ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Good thank you, Nicole. Thankful for what I can do. I hope you're doing well. Take care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/16/23) How are you TODAY @jonibee ? ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm doing okay still going through that storage closet and deciding what to donate and what stays..It's been keeping me busy as this is the 3rd or 4th collection for the Vietnam Vets..I will be preparing the St. Patricks' Day dinner for my daughters who visit daily and perhaps my sister will come..This is a yearly ritual and my husband always enjoyed getting together with our oldest son and grandson for a toast served in Irish shot glasses, hopefully it will be done this year in his memory...He too enjoyed the Irish fare and I usually make Irish Soda bread ...It will be a bittersweet day for all of us...

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/16/23) Kathy @BeatleloverKT how are you TODAY? ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Honored Social Butterfly

I am good. Almost 100% pain free. Time 

to get moving lol! Thanks for asking ๐Ÿ’œ

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments(3/14/23) ๐Ÿ˜ด Going offline...

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Going offline... ๐Ÿ–

๐ŸŽถBaby come back๐ŸŽต ๐Ÿ˜Š

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4uSzrsOQr8

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/15/23) Lol Allen @Therapist4u ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

โžก๏ธ@Therapist4u wrote:

Going offline... ๐Ÿ–

๐ŸŽถBaby come back๐ŸŽต ๐Ÿ˜Š

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4uSzrsOQr8โฌ…๏ธ

Silver Conversationalist

I fixed the link to the song ๐ŸŽค....somehow the AARP editor didn't like it... lol๐Ÿ˜€

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you again Nicole. I do have a tip for the forum that might be helpful. I found that when I finally got some dreaded tasks done 

my anxiety decreased significantly. I think the effects of longterm caregiving needs attention. It's probably on mark that people can get PTSD from caregiving. Thank you for letting me share.

Anonymous
Not applicable

9 comments(3/13/23)

๐Ÿ”Š    Good Morning my friends!

Just a "quick" heads up and a thank you too!

I have had some changes (good changes) in my life this week and will NOT be on this site as much as I have been.

Lol, yes, had NO "real" life here in Virginia and as you saw, LIVED in this AWESOME and "caring" AARP Grief & Loss Forum. ๐Ÿ™„

When we are "ready", life "brings" HEALTHY humans into your life! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Losing John (my "special" friend) last year August 2022 took a toll on me ever CARING again.

Well another human has been knocking on my door and finally opened it. He has been keeping me busy and has become another "special" friend.

I will ALWAYS "check in" on you guys I promise, but will NO longer have a "room" here/lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Luv you ALL,

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Regular Contributor

Hi Nicole

Happy God has sent you a huge blessing.  Thank you for your caring and compassionate participation. Yes I truly appreciate your help and kindness

Kristine

Trusted Social Butterfly

There's a saying when one door closes another one opens...So happy for you that you opened that door and allowed someone to become your new friend..๐Ÿ˜‰

Bronze Conversationalist

I like that saying too. Thank you for sharing it. It's hopeful and positive.

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole,

Wow talk about good things happening. This is wonderful news and I am very happy for you! Wishing you the best with your new "special" friend. Your consistency will be missed on this forum, but I trust you will check in on us from time to time.

Marcy

Bronze Conversationalist

Much good fortune and happiness to you Nicole. Thank you for your kind welcome and lovely caring.

Conversationalist

You have to know we are all so happy for you. Please keep us in your thoughts and check in from time to time. We appreciate all of your caring posts. Rock on, our dear Nocole. 

Conversationalist

Sorry for the name misspell.โค๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/13/23) Lol, I do it ALL the time Catherine @CatherineS641676 and my "pain" in you know what ๐Ÿ˜‰ Android feels a NEED to replace what I WANT it to be. ๐Ÿ˜ค Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โžก๏ธ@CatherineS641676 wrote:

Sorry for the name misspell.โค๏ธโฌ…๏ธ 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

SAME!!!! And Android for me also-I absolutely hate auto-correct,\. Happy Trails, and may those one steps at a time be hops, skips, and jumps!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP