Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Honored Social Butterfly

I am good. Almost 100% pain free. Time 

to get moving lol! Thanks for asking ๐Ÿ’œ

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments(3/14/23) ๐Ÿ˜ด Going offline...

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Going offline... ๐Ÿ–

๐ŸŽถBaby come back๐ŸŽต ๐Ÿ˜Š

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4uSzrsOQr8

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/15/23) Lol Allen @Therapist4u ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

โžก๏ธ@Therapist4u wrote:

Going offline... ๐Ÿ–

๐ŸŽถBaby come back๐ŸŽต ๐Ÿ˜Š

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4uSzrsOQr8โฌ…๏ธ

Gold Conversationalist

I fixed the link to the song ๐ŸŽค....somehow the AARP editor didn't like it... lol๐Ÿ˜€

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you again Nicole. I do have a tip for the forum that might be helpful. I found that when I finally got some dreaded tasks done 

my anxiety decreased significantly. I think the effects of longterm caregiving needs attention. It's probably on mark that people can get PTSD from caregiving. Thank you for letting me share.

Anonymous
Not applicable

9 comments(3/13/23)

๐Ÿ”Š    Good Morning my friends!

Just a "quick" heads up and a thank you too!

I have had some changes (good changes) in my life this week and will NOT be on this site as much as I have been.

Lol, yes, had NO "real" life here in Virginia and as you saw, LIVED in this AWESOME and "caring" AARP Grief & Loss Forum. ๐Ÿ™„

When we are "ready", life "brings" HEALTHY humans into your life! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Losing John (my "special" friend) last year August 2022 took a toll on me ever CARING again.

Well another human has been knocking on my door and finally opened it. He has been keeping me busy and has become another "special" friend.

I will ALWAYS "check in" on you guys I promise, but will NO longer have a "room" here/lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Luv you ALL,

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Regular Contributor

Hi Nicole

Happy God has sent you a huge blessing.  Thank you for your caring and compassionate participation. Yes I truly appreciate your help and kindness

Kristine

Trusted Social Butterfly

There's a saying when one door closes another one opens...So happy for you that you opened that door and allowed someone to become your new friend..๐Ÿ˜‰

Bronze Conversationalist

I like that saying too. Thank you for sharing it. It's hopeful and positive.

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole,

Wow talk about good things happening. This is wonderful news and I am very happy for you! Wishing you the best with your new "special" friend. Your consistency will be missed on this forum, but I trust you will check in on us from time to time.

Marcy

Bronze Conversationalist

Much good fortune and happiness to you Nicole. Thank you for your kind welcome and lovely caring.

Conversationalist

You have to know we are all so happy for you. Please keep us in your thoughts and check in from time to time. We appreciate all of your caring posts. Rock on, our dear Nocole. 

Conversationalist

Sorry for the name misspell.โค๏ธ

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/13/23) Lol, I do it ALL the time Catherine @CatherineS641676 and my "pain" in you know what ๐Ÿ˜‰ Android feels a NEED to replace what I WANT it to be. ๐Ÿ˜ค Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โžก๏ธ@CatherineS641676 wrote:

Sorry for the name misspell.โค๏ธโฌ…๏ธ 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

SAME!!!! And Android for me also-I absolutely hate auto-correct,\. Happy Trails, and may those one steps at a time be hops, skips, and jumps!

Honored Social Butterfly

Wishes for happiness ๐Ÿ’œ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. All you lovely people are in my thoughts. And my prayers for your health and well being.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I am doing okay every day is different...I am still going through stuff to make room for my daughter who will be moving back home soon..I was going through books that I want to donate and after putting the books in a bag I came back to the spare room and saw a piece of paper on the floor..I picked it up and it was a printed message that I had at one time cut out and forgot about it  read as follows: "To Those I Love"...When I am gone, just release me, let me go-so I can move into my afterglow~ You mustn't tie me down with your tears; let's be happy that we had so many years~I gave you my love, you can only guess how much you gave me in happiness.  I thank you for the love you each have shown, but now it's time I traveled on alone. So grieve for me awhile, if grieve you must,then let your grief be comforted with trust.~ It's only for a while that we must part, so bless the memories within your heart.~And then, when you must come this way alone, I'll greet you with a smile and a "Welcome Home"..the author is unknown I had a good cry as I read these words but comfort it did give me ..Hopefully it will give you the same after reading it...Have a nice day....

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes a good cry, but some comfort as well. Thank you!

Silver Conversationalist

Beautiful !!!!!!

Bronze Conversationalist

And how are you Nicole?

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole for your kind words. Dealing with bouts of anxiety. Haven't had that in over 30 yrs. So that surprised me. It is a blessing to stop into a forum such as this. Don't have to walk on eggshells or people please. There are those who have no idea what it's like to lose a longtime partner. May they never have to find out. I try to reply and offer something to the people here. Though I just might get to a few each time I'm on. When you all say you've had a rough day or few days I know exactly what you mean. And how you feel. I hope things get better for everyone. That some happiness comes into your lives. Something good can always happen!

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/11/23)

โžก๏ธThank you for your kudo Kathy @BeatleloverKT โฌ…๏ธ

Kathy@BeatleloverKT , how are you TODAY? ๐Ÿค”

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Honored Social Butterfly

Iโ€™m feeling better. Not 100% yet, but better.

Thanks for your message ๐Ÿ’œ

Conversationalist

Thank you.  That is SO NICE to hear.  I am feeling lonely tonight.  My sister was supposed to call me back, but I haven't heard from her.  I am feeling very loved by you guys right now, especially Nicole.

Bronze Conversationalist

I was reading in a grief forum a suggestion for coping. It said to make a list of several people that are receptive to where you are in the grief process. Tell them how much it helps having them stay in touch. Most often they're only too happy to lend an ear, or a few minutes out of their day. This also helps me so that I know they are well, and that relieves the anxiety from the loss I'm going through.

Honored Social Butterfly

Excellent advice. I have, after 4+ years figured out those that will support me. As those that didnโ€™t abruptly walked away. I always make sure to thank my support system. I need them and appreciate the love and support they give ๐Ÿ’œ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks for sharing this information. It sounds like a good idea and benefits all.

Conversationalist

I absolutely agree 100%. That's what friends are for. All of my friends beg me to call when I just need someone to listen. They also understand me still talking to my sissie-one even suggested putting in earbuds so others won't think I'm crazy as I walk down the street talking out loudโ™ฅ๏ธ. And, yes, it keeps those friends close in such an important way. Thanks for sharing

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP