Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. All you lovely people are in my thoughts. And my prayers for your health and well being.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I am doing okay every day is different...I am still going through stuff to make room for my daughter who will be moving back home soon..I was going through books that I want to donate and after putting the books in a bag I came back to the spare room and saw a piece of paper on the floor..I picked it up and it was a printed message that I had at one time cut out and forgot about it  read as follows: "To Those I Love"...When I am gone, just release me, let me go-so I can move into my afterglow~ You mustn't tie me down with your tears; let's be happy that we had so many years~I gave you my love, you can only guess how much you gave me in happiness.  I thank you for the love you each have shown, but now it's time I traveled on alone. So grieve for me awhile, if grieve you must,then let your grief be comforted with trust.~ It's only for a while that we must part, so bless the memories within your heart.~And then, when you must come this way alone, I'll greet you with a smile and a "Welcome Home"..the author is unknown I had a good cry as I read these words but comfort it did give me ..Hopefully it will give you the same after reading it...Have a nice day....

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes a good cry, but some comfort as well. Thank you!

Silver Conversationalist

Beautiful !!!!!!

Bronze Conversationalist

And how are you Nicole?

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole for your kind words. Dealing with bouts of anxiety. Haven't had that in over 30 yrs. So that surprised me. It is a blessing to stop into a forum such as this. Don't have to walk on eggshells or people please. There are those who have no idea what it's like to lose a longtime partner. May they never have to find out. I try to reply and offer something to the people here. Though I just might get to a few each time I'm on. When you all say you've had a rough day or few days I know exactly what you mean. And how you feel. I hope things get better for everyone. That some happiness comes into your lives. Something good can always happen!

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(3/11/23)

โžก๏ธThank you for your kudo Kathy @BeatleloverKT โฌ…๏ธ

Kathy@BeatleloverKT , how are you TODAY? ๐Ÿค”

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Honored Social Butterfly

Iโ€™m feeling better. Not 100% yet, but better.

Thanks for your message ๐Ÿ’œ

Conversationalist

Thank you.  That is SO NICE to hear.  I am feeling lonely tonight.  My sister was supposed to call me back, but I haven't heard from her.  I am feeling very loved by you guys right now, especially Nicole.

Bronze Conversationalist

I was reading in a grief forum a suggestion for coping. It said to make a list of several people that are receptive to where you are in the grief process. Tell them how much it helps having them stay in touch. Most often they're only too happy to lend an ear, or a few minutes out of their day. This also helps me so that I know they are well, and that relieves the anxiety from the loss I'm going through.

Honored Social Butterfly

Excellent advice. I have, after 4+ years figured out those that will support me. As those that didnโ€™t abruptly walked away. I always make sure to thank my support system. I need them and appreciate the love and support they give ๐Ÿ’œ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks for sharing this information. It sounds like a good idea and benefits all.

Conversationalist

I absolutely agree 100%. That's what friends are for. All of my friends beg me to call when I just need someone to listen. They also understand me still talking to my sissie-one even suggested putting in earbuds so others won't think I'm crazy as I walk down the street talking out loudโ™ฅ๏ธ. And, yes, it keeps those friends close in such an important way. Thanks for sharing

Bronze Conversationalist

I love the earbud Idea! I talk to myself a lot so I'm sure I can look a little crazy to other people. Now I have a way to look more normal. LOL

Conversationalist

๐Ÿ˜It was my grandson's idea. 

Silver Conversationalist

I think this is a great community to find what you are referring too.. Support comes in all shapes and sizes..

Bronze Conversationalist

Carolyn, I've noticed slight shifts in relationships in this grieving process. I realize that family/friends are also grieving the loss. Time takes time. There is plenty of time. Take care.

Bronze Conversationalist

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. It's great that you have a place to go where you can feel loved. ๐Ÿ™‚

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments(WEDNESDAY 3/8/23) Kathy @BeatleloverKT , I see you have been "posting" while I was at Walmart. Hope you are feeling better and thanks for the "kudo" - I luv getting those as you already know, Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Honored Social Butterfly

Switched up to Motrin and Iโ€™m feeling better.

Laying down is best so thatโ€™s what Iโ€™m doing.

Feel so old!! Thank u for ur kind thoughts ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm glad you found some things that are making you feel better! You will not feel so old when you are mended. ๐Ÿ™‚

Take care.

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(TUESDAY 3/7/23)

๐Ÿ–Hello Kathy @BeatleloverKT , Lee @LeeS4949 , @jonibee and Marcy @MarcyW882921 !

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค”

Bronze Conversationalist

Hi Nicole! Thanks for thinking of me today! The day has been much busier than I had anticipated.

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(TUESDAY 3/7/23)

@mc6844 , I am "thinking" of you!!! Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. Your kindness and caring is in my thoughts too. I discovered Sweet Tea this past year. Very soothing for those under stress. Puts me back to sleep though. It's good to get some sleep. bl (back later) Take care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(TUESDAY 3/7/23) Another HAPPY dance ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ !!! So good to hear from you Allen @Therapist4u .Luv, Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Silver Conversationalist

HAPPY danceHAPPY dance

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Nicole! ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks for all your help!

You are also thought of! ๐Ÿˆ

Take care   โ˜ฎ๏ธ  ~Allen  ๐ŸŒˆ

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(MONDAY 3/6/23) Another HAPPY Dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ = so GLAD you stopped by Catherine @CatherineS641676 !!! Luv you, Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Conversationalist

As my Grandson taught me, STB. (Same Thing Back-of course I had to ask what it meant). Anyway, I truly agree we are an awesome group and as we all know too well, it takes a village. I am so grateful for our village!. Thanks again for your thoughts.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP