Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Loss of husband of many years

My husband passed away--and it seemed sudden but had a disease for which there was no cure. Even though I try to keep busy I often get very tearful. It's been very painful. I'm sure it's been that way for everyone. And I don't know what to expect from writing this except it feels better to share.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Trusted Social Butterfly

@LoisG977191 , I am so sorry for your loss and I am ALWAYS here for you!!!

[1] To me, it is a DAILY journey and I have learn't to take 1 step at a time.

[2] Do you have anyone there with you? I don't but texting and calling my only child in Florida helps. I am in Virginia.

[3] We do have a DAILY CHAT THREAD and we would luv to have you join us when and IF you are interested.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** LOIS @LoisG977191 wrote:

My husband passed away--and it seemed sudden but had a disease for which there was no cure. Even though I try to keep busy I often get very tearful. It's been very painful. I'm sure it's been that way for everyone. And I don't know what to expect from writing this except it feels better to share. ***]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@LoisG977191 , THIS MAY HELP YOU!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@AARPsneed wrote:

I'm so sorry for your loss and to learn you're having a rough time right now but know you are not alone and there are resources available.

Thank you so much for reaching out for help. Remember there are a community of people here for you. Please take care of yourself.

AARPSneed

AARP Social Response Team

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm so sorry for your loss..Take each day at a time. Dealing with all the paperwork that comes with a passing can be over whelming so prioritize and do the what needs to be done and the others will follow suit..Allow yourself a grieving time as this is part of the healing one must go through..Think of the good times not the bad ...There are books that can help you with the stages of grieving as well as speaking out your thoughts and feelings on this site..You are not alone ..we are here to offer you a shoulder or a hand for your to take..Make sure you eat and carry out with your own health needs..

Trusted Social Butterfly

(Thursday 4/19/24)

Oh YES @LoisG977191 , those "memories" - some days I am crying my eyes out, others I am okay.  ๐Ÿ‘ฃ  Keep stepping!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Wow! You guys are the best. I appreciate your concern. I am "okay" for now. Good days and bad days; however, I know this is normal. A memory can trigger a sad response, Thanks for your kind words of support. ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/29/24) @LoisG977191 , I am thinking of YOU!!! Nicole โ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments (FRIDAY 4/26/24)   @LoisG977191 , I am thinking of YOU!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

You are so thougtful!

Trusted Social Butterfly

(FRIDAY 4/26/24) @LoisG977191 , hearing from YOU TODAY just made my day VERY SPECIAL.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** LOIS @LoisG977191 wrote:

You are so thougtful! ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

APRIL 2024-2 comments (Thursday 4/18/24)

How are you doing @LoisG977191 ?

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Doing ok. Good days and bad ones. Sometimes memories trigger sadness and others generate a big smile.

Trusted Social Butterfly

(FRIDAY 4/26/24)  SO GOOD to hear from you @LoisG977191  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Yes my dear, my emotions have their own rollercoaster ride. But WE will get to a point where WE move forward, still missing our love ones - but making a new life.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** LOIS @LoisG977191 wrote:

Doing ok. Good days and bad ones. Sometimes memories trigger sadness and others generate a big smile. ***]

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Wow! You guys are the best. I appreciate your concern. I am "okay" for now. Good days and bad days; however, I know this is normal. A memory can trigger a sad response, Thanks for your kind words of support.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

(Thursday 4/19/24)

Oh YES @LoisG977191 , those "memories" - some days I am crying my eyes out, others I am okay.  ๐Ÿ‘ฃ  Keep stepping!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Wow! You guys are the best. I appreciate your concern. I am "okay" for now. Good days and bad days; however, I know this is normal. A memory can trigger a sad response, Thanks for your kind words of support. ***]

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Lois, I'm so sorry for your loss. The missing is difficult and painful. I'm glad you're stopping in at the forum. Expressing your grief a little at a time will help to lighten your days. 

Periodic Contributor

Thank you so much for your support and advice. I'm glad I joined this forum.

Trusted Social Butterfly

(Friday 4/19/24)

And we are SO GLAD you did @LoisG977191 , Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Thank you so much for your support and advice. I'm glad I joined this forum. ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(Friday 4/12/24)

@LoisG977191 , AARP offers us monthly FREE online "Grief & Loss" EVENTS for members and non-members. This is the LAST one for this month. Maybe it may help! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Check out this event:

Thursday, Apr 25, 2024. 11:30 a.m. ET , 10:30 a.m. CT , 9:30 a.m. MT , 8:30 a.m. PT. 90 minutes long.

๐Ÿ”Š  How to Handle the Anger of Grief!

Gain insight on handling the emotions - the anger, hatred, terror, blame - that often follow devastating loss.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@LoisG977191 , here is OUR BOOK LIST @jonibee mentioned. That is a wonderful "suggestion" Jonibee!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

โ€ŒBOOK LIST (books read & recommended by Grief Forum members)  โ€Œ๐Ÿ“šโ€Œ

(1) So Sorry for Your Loss: How I Learned to Live with Grief, and Other Grave Concerns. Book by Dina Gachman.

(2) Grieving: How to Go on Living when Someone You Love Dies. Book by Therese A Rando.

(3) Healing After Loss: Daily Meditations For Working Through Grief. Book by Martha Whitmore Hickman.

(4) The Love Never Ends (Messages from the Other Side ) by Sunny Dawn Johnson.

(5) The Grieving Brain, by Mary-Frances O'Connor.

(6) When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold Kushner.

(7) The Widower's Notebook a memoir by Jonathan Santlofer.

(8) Mindfulness & Grief by Heather Stang.

(9) I Wasn't ready To Say Goodbye by Brook Noel & Pamela D. Blair, PhD.

(10) Life After Loss Conquering Grief and Finding Hope by Raymond Moody Jr., M.D. and Dianne Arcangel.

(11) Different After You Rediscovering Yourself and Healing After Grief and Trauma by Michele Neff Hernandez.

(12) Grieving: How to Go on Living when Someone You Love Dies. Book by Therese A Rando.

(13) The Love Never Ends: Messages from the Other Side. Book by Sunny Dawn Johnston.

(14) Widow to Widow by Genevieve Ginsburg.

(15) Build the Life You Want by Arthur C. Brooks and Oprah Winfrey.

(16) Hello from Heaven: A New Field of Research-After-Death Communication Confirms That Life and Love Are Eternal. Book by Bill Guggenheim and Judy Guggenheim.

(17) When Your Spouse Dies, A Widow and Widower's Handbook by Othniel J. Seiden and Jane Bilett.

(18) On Death and Grieving: A Psychic Medium's Perspective. Jeffrey A. Wands.

(19) Journey of Souls by Michael Newton PhD.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@LoisG977191 , I am so sorry for your loss and I am ALWAYS here for you!!!

[1] To me, it is a DAILY journey and I have learn't to take 1 step at a time.

[2] Do you have anyone there with you? I don't but texting and calling my only child in Florida helps. I am in Virginia.

[3] We do have a DAILY CHAT THREAD and we would luv to have you join us when and IF you are interested.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

My husband passed away--and it seemed sudden but had a disease for which there was no cure. Even though I try to keep busy I often get very tearful. It's been very painful. I'm sure it's been that way for everyone. And I don't know what to expect from writing this except it feels better to share. ***]

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you for your kindness. I do text my sister and son a great deal and have joined various community groups. It does help little by little. Bless you.

Trusted Social Butterfly

(Friday 4/19/24)

@LoisG977191 sounds like you are MOVING FORWARD!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ  So PROUD of you, Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Thank you for your kindness. I do text my sister and son a great deal and have joined various community groups. It does help little by little. Bless you. ***]

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you so much for all the advice!

Trusted Social Butterfly

(Monday 4/15/24)

You are welcome @LoisG977191 , Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Thank you so much for all the advice! ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm so sorry for your loss..Take each day at a time. Dealing with all the paperwork that comes with a passing can be over whelming so prioritize and do the what needs to be done and the others will follow suit..Allow yourself a grieving time as this is part of the healing one must go through..Think of the good times not the bad ...There are books that can help you with the stages of grieving as well as speaking out your thoughts and feelings on this site..You are not alone ..we are here to offer you a shoulder or a hand for your to take..Make sure you eat and carry out with your own health needs..

Periodic Contributor

Thank you so much!  Appreciate your support. I'm living alone but gave a sweet dog that helps me at times. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

(Friday 4/12/24)

@LoisG977191 you are WELCOME!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Jeremiah was my Walking Buddy and I do MISS him but not ready to replace him. A dog that was there for me.

SO GLAD you have a "furbaby"  ๐Ÿ•

Thank you so much!  Appreciate your support. I'm living alone but gave a sweet dog that helps me at times. ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@LoisG977191 , THIS MAY HELP YOU!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@AARPsneed wrote:

I'm so sorry for your loss and to learn you're having a rough time right now but know you are not alone and there are resources available.

Thank you so much for reaching out for help. Remember there are a community of people here for you. Please take care of yourself.

AARPSneed

AARP Social Response Team

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP