Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Conversationalist

Ideas for the Holiday Season

In case you want to do more this year for the upcoming holiday season, I wanted to share my new approach this year.  This will be my third year without my husband.  I decided to be more proactive and start earlier.  I plan to attend at least 1 event/happening a month that I would enjoy.  In this way I am not overdoing or overcommitting, which I tend to do.  I am identifying possible events from local online magazines, etc.  I am encouraging my Grievance Buddy group to join me for a simple outing, that would entail going to the event and then either having lunch or coffee and dessert.  Whatever everyone wants to do.  It is simple and doable with minimal stress.  I have found more ongoing interactions with kindred spirits do work.  Deeper relationships can develop in many new and profound ways. (s).  We will see how this works out.  Please feel free to share your ideas as well.  Have a good weekend, your friend, Sue

0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

(comment deleted by poster)

Conversationalist

Hi, Nicole, I just wanted to share that this is the first year that I have been proactive around the holidays.  The first year I was numb and actually don't remember much of what I did.  Last year I tried to do something but got the flu and the skateboard 😗, as I previously shared.  So take your time, you are the best judge of where you are and what you want to do.  Whatever it is, I hope you can find peace and comfort during this holiday season.  Love, Sue

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

HI, Nicole, I always appreciate your positive encouragement.  As simple as this idea seems to be there are some, I know, who would rather stay in their cocoon. However, there are unexpected others who actually want to live a life.  I'm trying to keep positive.  As they say don't let the turkeys get you down.  Fly with the Eagles. Love, Sue

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP