Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ“‹ Grieving a Dad on Fatherโ€™s Day: How To Show Support (6/18/23)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“‹ Grieving a Dad on Fatherโ€™s Day: How To Show Support (6/18/23)

โ–ถ๏ธโ€ŒTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ comments, ADD comment***

Whether HE was OUR "real" Dad or NOT, anyone who loved us will be MISSED! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

๐Ÿ‘‰Link to article๐Ÿ‘ˆ 

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“‹FROM THE ARTICLE:

Acknowledge the day! ๐Ÿ‘

The easiest way to show love and support is to share a simple acknowledgment of the loss, like sending a card or a short text that doesnโ€™t require a response. 

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

OUR thoughts are with EVERYONE who has lost their Father! 

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would ALSO be an AWESOME time to "adopt" minor kids FOR THE DAY who have NO Father figures in their lives!

You could be a granddad, uncle, friend or total stranger. Take them (and mom, if she exists) out for a FUN outing. ๐Ÿ‘

Just a thought guys ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments) How are YOU spending this SPECIAL day? ๐Ÿค”

Me, will "try" NOT to "cry" too much while REMEMBERING all the men who were fathers in my 64 (soon to be 65) years.

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @Anonymous,

Thanks for sharing this article. Initially I thought of my own loss of father and stepfather, but then I started thinking about my stepchildren. This is their first year without their Dad and it could be a very difficult day for them. The article prompted me to expand my thoughts and think of them as this day approaches.

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 , my daughter still has one grandfather, her father's.

She NEVER met mine. He died when I was 12.

Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @Anonymous , Grandparents are true treasures! I credit one set of mine for having an incredible influence in the development of me. Their picture sits on my dresser and I think of them every day. โค๏ธ

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

(2 comments) Over the years, I have had MANY Dads. But sadly as I AGE (in my 60's) they are NO longer here. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I stay out of the stores as much as possible when they begin to do THEIR Father's Day set up.

And my daughter's Dad died last year "unexpectedly"......

Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Bronze Conversationalist

These holidays can be very stressful, emotional, depressing, etc. for a lot of people. Avoidance is certainly one strategy that can be employed. Make a plan, be strong, and you will get through another challenging event/day.

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you stopping by dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 !!!! โ€Œ๐Ÿ’ƒโ€Œ๐Ÿฅณ, My thoughts are with you, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

These holidays can be very stressful, emotional, depressing, etc. for a lot of people. Avoidance is certainly one strategy that can be employed. Make a plan, be strong, and you will get through another challenging event/day.

Marcyโ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP